Are you one of those people who can make anything? Maybe you’re the type of person who likes to spend weekends replacing your kitchen, building your own Olympic size swimming pool, or perhaps adding an entire wing to your house. You’re a person who can read blueprints, operate power tools, and wrestle lumber into place without breaking a sweat.
Most of us would rather get root canal without an anesthetic than do those kind of jobs. We don’t like to spend our time working with anything more complicated than a hammer or screwdriver. Or, more likely, Scotch tape and scissors.
What do you do, however, if you have brilliant ideas for how to make your children’s lives more fun by sprucing up their bedroom, say, but you don’t have the technical skill to pull that off? Do you spend a gazillion dollars to hire a contractor to do it? Do you tell your kids you’ll buy them a new video game if they’ll stop asking you to make changes in their living space?
Well, now there’s a third option — you can actually do it yourself.
If you’re one of those people who has a creative urge to build things for your kids, but is all thumbs when it comes to anything mechanical, you’re in luck. We have 31 easy hacks that will help you take some simple items from IKEA and convert them so they have multiple uses that are fun, creative, and practical. By following a few simple steps, you can find ways to create fun, interesting modifications to furniture and other everyday items.
Here’s a video with an overview, but for the instructions on how to do do each project, continue with a list below.
Here’s the list:
More about bedroom organization:
100+ ideas How to Transform your Small bedroom into a Calming Sanctuary
30 Small Bedroom Furniture ideas
26 Small Bedroom Makeover Ideas that Better Your Day
20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying
15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom
15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2
12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room Furniture Include with Videos
11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom
10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood
2. Bet you never thought of this one! You can use a spice rack as a clothing rack for baby clothes. [Here]
More about spice rack:
10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff
3. For the contemporary look in dollhouses, here’s how to turn a Rast nightstand into a modern dollhouse. [source] Link will lead you to archive page
4. There’s nothing worse than a messy mudroom, right? Shoes, boots, coats, hats, gloves and school bags get scattered everywhere, and you can hardly find an open space for all the clutter. Here’s a way to clean up the mudroom by using IKEA bookcase. [Detail]
5. Did you know you can make a Kura bed into a cozy reading nook? It’s not only possible, it’s a fun project to do. [overview it]
More about bed designs and closet:
100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area
10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids
10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space
10 Bedroom Sets Idea for Small Space
10 Bedroom Colors and Makeover Ideas Under $10k
10 Limited Budget Bedroom Set Ideas
10 DIY Bedroom Furniture Sets You Can Try at Home
10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas
10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once
10 DIY Bedroom Furniture Sets You Can Try at Home
6. Avoid the pain and cursing that follows after people step on small metal toys your child leaves on the floor, by using a Grundtal knife rack to stow those toys in a safe place. [info]
More about similar topic like this: 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys
7. Teach your child (and maybe yourself) geography by putting a world map on the Latt table. All you need is a $24.99 white LÄTT Children’s table (2 chairs included), an old map, mod podge to protect the paper, little cushions, some fabric and scissors. [link]
9. Add some color to your IKEA changing table.
Tutorial number 9 is missing already, I can share you this long IKEA makeover ideas instead:
60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers
45 IKEA Makeover Products
32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA)
30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA)
37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas
30 Sweet IKEA Table Hacks
28 Clever IKEA Chair hacks
12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas
10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA
10. Here’s how to make a play kitchen from IKEA nightstands. This kitchen is so stunning you’ll wish it was for adults!
Here’s how to make the stove: [link] Here’s how to make the microwave and fridge: [source]
11. Or get trendy and give the IKEA play kitchen a modern makeover.
More about Kitchen makeover ideas and optimization:
333 Small Kitchen ideas, Organization, and Kitchen Designs
125 Kitchen Makeover Ideas for 2019 and Beyond
45 Kitchen Remodel Ideas for People with Low-Budget Condition
13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space
10 Modern Small Kitchen Makeover ideas
12. Take those boring old shelves and give them a celestial upgrade. [link]
13. You can even get creative with napkin holders from IKEA. Who would have thought? [info] <- Link to IKEA main site
14. Make your baby into a genius by adding a Billy bookshelf to the Gulliver crib. [DIY]
15. You can add a chalkboard top to the Lack side table. [info]
16. Go crazy with Legos! Make the Lego table of your kids’ dreams.
More info about this [lego table hack]
17. Start your kid off on the path to being a mechanical superstar — make a coffee table into a toy workbench. [Detail]
18. Here’s how to make your own light-up table. [Instruction]
19. Start your shoppers early by turning a shoe rack into a play supermarket. [Here]
20. Didn’t think you could do anything with the iconic Strandmon chair? Here’s how to turn it into a rocker! Your baby will love it! [Read it]
21. Spruce up an old IKEA dresser with masking tape and white paint, and make it into a style icon! [Try]
22. Tame the chaos of your kids’ closets with floating shelves. Get more info here.
23. Turn an Ikea crib into a co-sleeper. [DIY]
24. There’s no excuse not doing homework when you turn the rolling Raskog cart into a homework station! [Try it]
25. Use Billy bookshelves to create a custom closet!
26. Give your Hemnes dresser a makeover! [DIY]
27. This is a Mr. Moon lamp hacked from a FADO, inspired by a print by Martin Krusche, from Mommo Designs. IKEA sells the lamp, but you can add inspiration to make it even more fun for your child!. [Source]
28. No more messy art supplies scattered all over the place! Did you know you can use a utensil holder to store them? It’s a great way to organize your art room!. [Read more]
30. Are you in diaper hell? Use an IKEA kitchen storage system to organize diapers. [Source]
31. Clean up and organize your car with the Flort remote control caddy. And you don’t even need a degree in Engineering to use them!
Aren’t these ideas great? There are all sorts of creative ways that you can use simple household items and furniture to liven up your home, and you’ll find lots more home art decor ideas at this channel and you don’t even need a degree in Engineering to use them! Well, may be some