If you are into IKEA products so much, these IKEA shopping ideas can help you manage your shopping time effectively and efficiently – not to mention also inexpensively. We get it; who doesn’t love IKEA? With high quality construction, affordable price, and attractive designs, it is so easy to get lost into its charm and end up buying more than you need.
But with these tips, hopefully, you can shop like a pro and you don’t have to hurt your financial standing just because you overspend. Next, This is 12 IKEA Shopping Ideas That will Lower your Spending by simphome.com.
12.Better Shopping List
Many people underestimate the importance of a shopping list, while in reality, the list can be a guidance to get the things you want while avoiding impulsive buying at the same time. Basically, feel free to use any shopping list that you want – the traditional one or the digital version.
The latter one refers to you using the official website and use the special feature called ‘save to list’. Once you have created your list, you can print it out. The greater thing about this list is that you can choose any store that is closest to your location, know the aisle, and have it printed on the list so you won’t have to wander around the store. IKEA Pdf Shopping print
11.Get Family Card Member
When you sign up for the family membership, there are lots of benefits to enjoy. First of all, you can get free frozen yogurt when you first sign up. You can also get seasonal updates and enjoy the 25% discounts for the items. If you especially have kids, then this family card can be super handy because you can save up a lot of money for buying household items as well as the items for the kids. Complete benefit, IKEA Frozen Yogurt (Froyo) dessert review Netherlands
10.Always Remember to Eat First
Before going shopping at IKEA, it is better to have your tummy filled first. Shopping sometimes can invoke hunger, and when you are shopping with an empty stomach, you are somewhat tempted to buy more than you need.
It doesn’t matter whether you shop for food or household items, the principle still applies. One of the great IKEA shopping ideas is to have something to eat first. Not only full stomach will soothe your mind, you won’t be easily tempted to buy things that you don’t actually need. For more cooking topic go here
9.IKEA Is Great for Party or Wedding Decorations
Sure, you can always find these items at other places, but you won’t find such a great deal like in IKEA. Moreover, when you have to buy these party supplies in a large quantity, imagine the amount of money that you can save. If you want to save up a lot of money, go to IKEA for your party supplies – you won’t regret it. Candles or frames are especially popular as inexpensive party supplies in most IKEA retailers.
8.Right Shopping Manner during Weekends
Remember that weekends can be super crazy, especially with the long lines and the packed of people here and there. Of course, the best way for you to do the shopping is on weekdays – they are heavens. However, if weekdays are off limits then you don’t have any choice except to do it during weekends.
Here is IKEA shopping ideas: do it early or go there when it is about to close – around an hour before they close down. It saves you time from having to wait for the long lines at the checkout counters and you can avoid the pack of humans everywhere you go.
7.As-Is Section is a Treasure
You can always find a treasure at this section. This is a hidden area that most people don’t know about. With your shopping list in hand, venture to this section and look for the items that you want. You’d be surprised to find many stylish things in low prices.
In most cases, previous buyers who have returned the opened packages or floor models often end up in this section. If you want to know how to shop like a pro, this IKEA shopping ideas will definitely help. Read More, IKEA As-is Deals Haul
6.Be Realistic and Keep It Real
Impulsive buying is real – and most homeowners have been familiar with the impact of adrenaline rush when they see something cute and inexpensive – and those things aren’t in their shopping list. But you need to keep it together and use your head.
For instance, if you don’t have kitchen cabinets with doors, why would you buy the replacements? Or, if you have allergy and you can’t use any rugs or carpets at home, why bother buying one? Logic is still important and that’s actually the number one rule in this list.
5.Consider Shipping Fee
Although you can always have your orders delivered to your house, there is always a shipping fee included, and the amount can be quite a lot. If you can manage everything on your own, especially if you live quite near to the store, then you won’t have a problem.
Unfortunately, if you happen to buy a cabinet, for instance, and several household items, and you are shopping alone, it would be impossible for you to manage everything alone, right? If this is the case, then it would be better to do your shopping from Amazon.
Yes, they also sell IKEA products and they like to offer free shipping offers, especially if you buy more than one item. Make use of this offer and you don’t have to worry anymore about delivery or such stuff – it has already been covered.
Just because you have filled your tummy at home, it doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy the treats. In most stores, you will find free kids zone and sometimes they like to offer free treats too. However, never leave your kids alone because they may be lost. Always be there for them and they will welcome the opportunity to explore the store with you. After all, IKEA is like a big playground that is appealing for both adults and kids.
If you aren’t really into free treats but you don’t mind a little bite, there are two different types of restaurants in any IKEA stores. The first one is the self serve type, and the second one is the bistro café, which is generally found close to the checking counter. The cinnamon roll in the bistro café is super, so don’t forget to drop by if you want to have memorable times shopping at IKEA.
3.Remember the Discount Events
IKEA is pretty generous in giving out discounts. They can hold 3 to 4 times special events within a year where you find abundant of discounted items. These events are seasonal, really, so in case you miss out an event, keep in mind that you will find one within the next 3 months. Make use of these events to buy the things you need. When you combine this event with your family card, the discounts can be quite huge and you will end up saving up a lot of money. IKEA Makeroom Furniture, IKEA New Lower Price, IKEA Flyer. More IKEA Discounts
2.Know Your Way around
IKEA stores are mostly big and wide and vast. If you aren’t familiar with the location, it would be easy to get lost within the maze. If this is your first time going to IKEA store, you should prepare a map, which you can find at the entrance. In fact, you should be able to find a lot of items at the entrance.
A catalog, for a starter, can be handy if you want to take a look at your option. The decision to tag the catalog with you is totally up to you. You will also find the map, which may be functional to help you find your way through the aisles and sections. You can also find shopping cart or bag – it is up to you to bring them both or just pick one.
And then there is the pencil and notepad, which can be used to jot down the number of aisle where your items are located. In short, it doesn’t hurt to know your way around. If you aren’t familiar with the store, know that these items can help. DailymotionJovoT, Buzzfeed video
1. Don’t Get Lost in Marketplace
The marketplace is the area where you can find the accessories for home décor, such as the rugs, the curtains, pillows, and so much more. Don’t spend too much time here or you will be tempted to buy things that you don’t actually need – and end up spending more than your budgets. If you do have to buy accessories, find the item you want and leave as soon as possible.
This is the safest IKEA shopping ideas that you can implement. And for video version of this list, you can play next movie file.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!