Welcome to “18+ Bedroom Spaces with Clever Twists”!
Dive headfirst into a whirlpool of dreamy designs, blending nostalgia with a splash of quirk!
Think of stepping into a magical realm where Robin Lewis’ creative vibes meet eclectic bedroom tales.
Remember those hide-and-seek corners or the fun bed fortresses?
We’re taking those cherished memories, adding a dash of pizzazz, and creating spaces that make every “rise and shine” moment worth it. So, fluff up your pillows, and let’s embark on this fun escapade, exploring how a pinch of innovation can jazz up every nook and cranny!
18. An Inspiring bedroom transformation with new office space
Have you ever wondered how to give a seldom-used bedroom a complete makeover?
Here’s a walkthrough that might resonate with your creative side.
First, ditch the traditional thinking of loft beds.
While they sound charming, the practicality of climbing up and down for some might not be ideal.
Plus, the challenge of a low roof doesn’t help either. Instead, envision a roll-out bed cozily tucked beneath a stylish desk stage. A space-saving solution that’s both ingenious and aesthetic!
Before diving into tools and timber, sketch out your concept.
Apps like Sketchup are a godsend for DIY enthusiasts.
They allow you to visualize the design, gauge proportions, and anticipate challenges.
With a plan in hand, embark on crafting a sturdy frame.
Don’t shy away from adjustments!
Handy brackets can be a savior, especially when you’re aiming for perfection.
Once your frame is solid and ready, secure it in place.
Bolting it down ensures safety – because no one wants a wobbly bed-desk combo!
Next comes the cherry on the cake: a chic footboard, complete with handles for that easy slide-out motion. Complement this with elegant paneling that not only looks good but also adds structural strength.
The detailing truly matters.
Imagine laying down the flooring, adding sleek trim, and watching the transformation unfold.
Pull out the bed, and you’re greeted with an innovative feature – an instant headboard against the wall.
A slight heads up, though.
Mattresses can be deceptively thick. So, while your bed slides out smoothly, you might have to find an alternative spot for pillows and duvets. A minor hiccup in an otherwise seamless design.
This bedroom transformation is future-proof. If life changes, easily swap out that desk for a crib, ensuring you’ve always got a cozy corner for the grandparents.
17. Tweak the conventional one to the Pivot or the Sliding one
Have you ever felt constrained by regular doors? Pivot doors are your game-changer. Unlike the typical hinge-edge doors, these pivot from the top and bottom, offering dual spaces: a functional passage and a stylish narrow gap. This unique swing keeps walls pristine and frame-free.
Interesting idea: Transform your closet door or upgrade your walk-in closet with this amazing technique! Not only will you rejuvenate the appearance of your closet, but you can also maximize your storage space by easily installing extra hanging storage. Get ready to add a touch of uniqueness and functionality to your closet!
Still intrigued? For spaces where swinging isn’t ideal, slide into our alternative: the sliding door. It’s all about optimizing your space while staying chic. Choose wisely!
16. IKEA Organization Hack: Elevate Your Space with DIY Built-in Wardrobes Using PAX & Billy
Craving those built-in wardrobe vibes? Achieving that polished, frame-to-ceiling look is easier and more affordable than you think! With a dash of DIY spirit and some IKEA magic, you can craft that elegant built-in look yourself. Here’s your step-by-step guide:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Cabinet frame (PAX for large wardrobes; BILLY for compact spaces)
- Doors (Our model is using Flisberget and Oxberg styles)
- Door handles
- Electric saw (with rail) & drill
- MDF boards (2cm thick recommended)
- Wooden battens, screws, and paint
- Sanding tools and putty
- Primers and acrylic joint
- Base and ceiling panels
Steps to Achieve the Look:
1. Assembly: Begin by piecing your IKEA cabinets together. Ensure they’re steady, especially if placing them a bit away from the wall, as with our PAX due to radiator pipes. For added stability, mount Billy shelves to the back wall using wooden slats.
2. Framing: Attach wooden battens around the cabinets. The MDF boards will latch onto these. Keep in mind the MDF’s thickness; if it’s 2cm, then leave a 2cm gap from the cabinet front to the battens.
3. MDF Twist: Trim your MDF boards to the desired size. Fix them to the battens, remembering to pre-drill holes. Pro tip: Consider removing ceiling moldings for a cleaner finish.
4. Perfecting & Painting: Use sand putty on joints and screw holes, then sand for smoothness. Paint the MDF with anchoring primers. We chose Dyrup’s Wood and Metal paint for both MDF and doors. Give doors a light sanding post priming, then brush-paint. Our shade? The elegant “Gray Marble” from Dyrup.
5. Final Touches: Attach your pre-painted doors and add matching handles. Conceal any exposed cabinet bases with panels, and top off with a ceiling strip for a seamless look.
For Entrance Tips:
Use two Billy bookcases; one for shelves, another for hanging. Reinforce the latter with a middle shelf at the back. Use battens to align with any recesses in your space and later for hook placements.
15. How to fit a “Queen” Bed Inside a Cabinet that you can fold?
Here’s how you can create your own space-saving magic:
- 2 PAX Cabinets (238h x 100w x 58d, unassembled)
- Four doors and some snazzy decorative cabinet hardware
- Bed Murphy Bed Kit (sized for a queen bed, 150 x 200cm)
- And a few more essentials like screws, L-Brackets, and a memory foam mattress.
– Your trusty hand drill, level, miter box, saw, and carpenter’s square.
- Decide where you want the bed inside the cabinet. Think convenience! Provide a spot for your guests to hang clothes and keep a bedside table.
- Attach the Next Bed frame to the wall. Got ceramic tile floors? Use a ceramic drill bit; save yourself the frustration of destroying porcelain bits.
- Cut wood pieces for assembly. If you’re missing tools, no sweat. Visit a local carpentry shop for assistance.
- Carve out a notch on the wall-facing side of each piece to fit over the floor molding.
- Craft a support frame for the main cabinet piece. It’ll prevent bowing and keep everything straight.
- Assemble the cabinet parts, focusing on structure and support. It’s like building a puzzle!
- Add some personality with artwork above the bed.
- Construct the Next Bed Murphy Bed Kit. Pro tip: Have some WD40 nearby to ease assembly.
- Slide in that comfy memory foam mattress.
- Tackle door hardware. If it gets tricky, calling in pros or watching some tutorials is okay.
- Attach the wardrobe doors and decorative hardware. Get a splash of color by painting them; maybe a serene dark blue?
Before securing everything, ensure there’s clearance for the bed to operate smoothly. The closet and night table? Totally optional! Keep it simple if you want fewer steps. And, let’s talk budget: The total cost was $1270, not including the mattress or bed kit. Not too shabby for a stunning transformation, right?