The biggest challenge with the small bedroom is the limited space. The limited space will naturally obstruct the overall room layout and management. If you aren’t sure with what you do, your bedroom may look cramped and lousy instead of beautiful and stylish. But not to worry because there are some projects that you can do on your own.
Some of the projects may need extra help and work but be sure that the final outcome will be worth it. Not only you can improve the look of your bedroom, but you can also make it look personal and unique. This is 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom listed by simphome.com
11.Bed and Closet Combination
It is basically a multi functional furniture where the closet and the bed can be combined together. Instead of a regular closet, this bed/closet design is unique and it is able to accommodate your items just nicely. So, the overall look is this platform bed – which makes the bed looks taller than the regular type.
The big difference is that the extra height from the floor to the bed is used for the storage compartments. You can flip the bed up, revealing an empty spot underneath, perfect for closet. The mechanism for opening and closing the bed/closet is simple and you don’t need to deal with fussy operation. This DIY project ideas may need extra work but you will love the result if you are able to create one.
Hold there for a second and play this video if you prefer enjoying this list in a video format.
I hope you like it and let’s continue our countdown.
10. Wall Ladder Leaning Desk
Creating this DIY project ideas is easy and pretty simple. The design is pretty straightforward and yet the function is handy. You only need to lean it on the wall and manage your items on the displayed area just like that. Do you want to paint the desk or not? Do you want to keep it with the original color?
Do you want to add extra slots? Everything is up to you and your needs. Just keep in mind to build it strong enough to accommodate most of your items.
9. Wall Sconces
Let’s say that you have bought wall sconces from your favorite suppliers, such as Target or IKEA. In most cases, you have to put up with the already created design. But what if you want to make your own design? It’s a good thing that there are some reliable sources that allow you to tweak the sconces so you can come up with the design that you want. You may need to prepare plastic pipes that are painted in a unique color. Don’t forget about the bolts and nuts. Once you have installed everything, you can have yourself a truly unique wall sconce for your bedroom.
8. Ladder Stall Bars
When you have limited space inside the bedroom, why not adding ladder construction or stall bars on the wall? Instead of having a closet, which will take up a lot of space, adding the ladder construction or the stall bars won’t take any extra space. You only need to make use of the available empty space on the wall and you don’t need to add another piece of furniture into your room.
7. Open Closet Construction
Bringing in a closet into an already cramped bedroom will only make the bed feel even smaller and more cramped. So, why not making your own open closet? By using plumbing pipes, you can create your own place to hang the clothes and stuff. You only need to choose a specific spot on the room, and then create a construction based on your wishes.
Just make sure that you secure the pipes so they should be able to accommodate all of your clothes just nicely. Whether you want to paint the pipes or not, or you want to add accessories to the construction, it is up to you.
6.Wall Mounted Nightstands
Most people like to have a nightstand right next to their bed because it allows them to put their favorite items – the reading table lamp, the area to place their favorite readings or books, etc. But what if your bedroom is so small and limited that having a nightstand won’t be enough? No need to worry.
Why not having a wall mounted nightstand, instead? When you have this wall mounted construction, no need to worry about the needed space. You are going to install it on the wall, not on the floor so it should be enough. Moreover, this wall mounted construction can be an easy DIY project idea that all homeowners can do.
5. Underbed Baskets with Casters
If you have a rather high or wide floor clearance, you can make your own baskets. You can make the baskets from scratches but you can also buy the already existing baskets and then add the wheeled casters so you can easily move the baskets around. Most homeowners forget that the space underneath their beds is often left untouched.
When you use the baskets to store items, such as magazines or small Knicks and knacks, you can make use of the extra space. When the baskets are added with the caster wheels, moving the baskets around or getting the access to the basket will be so much easier.
4. Simplified Modern Open Wardrobe
If you have unused boards or planks (no matter whatever types of wood they are), you can cut them into pieces and then try to assemble them together. By doing this, you can create your own modern wardrobe.
This plan is for the open wardrobe, but in case you have an elevated skill, feel free to add doors to the construction. Once you are done with this wardrobe, you can paint it or leave it just the way it is. This open wardrobe is pretty slim and compact, and it is perfect for corner construction.
3. A Bed with extra hidden Storage
Another clever DIY project ideas is to include storage compartments within the bed. A platform bed allows extra space underneath the bed, enough to accommodate your items. You can place clothes, bedding items, etc. When you have such extra compartments within the bed, you don’t need to have any wardrobe or other pieces. Whether you have a small single bed or a big and wide bed, having the compartments along with the bed will improve efficiency and functions. Detail Here!
2. A Corner Bed
If you have limited space bedroom, have you ever thought about having a corner bed? If you can’t find one at the home improvement stores, why not making one by yourself? This corner bed is pretty easy to fix and it helps with better management for the bed. When you are able to place the bed on the corner, you have maximized the layout and room arrangement, creating enough space for other items. One of the many creative DIY project ideas is to make a simple corner bed, but feel free to elevate it to a more complicated construction if you do have the skills. Here for Vintage ideas
Number 1. Unique Pieces Investment
Some homeowners prefer unique pieces than the mainstream constructions. For instance, instead of buying the regular working desk, they like to have two stairs or ladder stairs and then connect them with a plank to create a unique working station. Whatever options you choose, be sure to pick a style that truly represent your characters.
Only by doing so, you can improve the style inside the bedroom without compromising functionality and usage. In short, there are pretty many creative DIY project ideas that you can actually do without spending a fortune.
This is 25 Ways to Store Shoes in Your Closet by HGTV, if you can’t watch video under this sentences, that means you’re reading this post in amp format. My advice is refresh this post in your desktop.
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.