Last Updated on by
A kitchen tends to have high traffic flow especially when two cooks like you and your husband are working together. A lot of space is required for a perfect traffic flow. And, when your kitchen happens to be small, you’re going to need to tap into all available space in order to avoid the traffic jams or even accident. In this post, I’ve summed up 10 modern small kitchen makeover ideas that will make your tiny kitchen become more organized so you will feel comfort and ease of mind when you have to slave over your hot stove. As I already mentioned on my last post, this list is brought to you by simphome.com
10. Kitchen Pantry Makeover
Cramming cereal boxes and snacks in your pantry, and you can’t find them easily when you need them? We have same problem.
First, you don’t have to add more shelves or craft something that will challenge your carpentry skills. All you need to do is getting some glass containers, dividers, vintage jars, canisters, and wire door organizers. You can try collect those things from any craft store near you.
The clear glass containers and canisters allow you to store pasta, nuts, rice, or even Choco chips. They will color up your pantry too. For huge and bulky stuff like bags of snack and cereal, some woven baskets are your greatest bet. They will keep your bags organized at the bottom of your pantry.
9. White Kitchen Remodeling idea
One of the best ways to freshen up your mood is by refurbishing your kitchen either partially or completely. You can do it by painting your kitchen wall and cabinets or just changing your curtains. Anything that can provide a new look to your kitchen will do.
This kitchen looks for example become fresher with white hues. The old brown cabinets have been replaced with the all-white cabinets. A glass door cabinet give everyone clear-view what’s inside and enough spaces for some crystal glasses, platers, cups, jars, and mugs.
For the flooring, the author chose vinyl floors. It works great for damp or wet area and if you want to follow this idea, you can install it by yourself.
YouTube it or google anyone near you with professional title in this field if you doubt with your own skill. They are already waiting your call.
8. Rustic Small Kitchen Remodel Ideas
When it comes to an undersized kitchen, white hues and abundance of glass windows are what you can rely on. White hues have always made a small room appear to be larger. And when teaming up with plenty of natural lights, white tone can convert your dank kitchen into an airier one.
First, replace your old cabinets and countertops because they are what will come to your sight first. If you have more bucks to renovate your kitchen, try having tongue-and-grove paneling for your wall to get a farmhouse look. If that style is your thing.
Want to have some more rustic look? Change your kitchen sink’s faucets, install swing arm sconces that hold fluorescent lamps, and lay a jute rug on the floor to indulge your feet.
7. Modern Kitchen Remodel idea
Less is more. That’s what modern kitchen all about. The less furniture you use “without weakening its function”, the better. And – of course – sleek and minimalist design is the key.
First, ditch those big and bulky upper cabinets and invest in some open shelves. Open shelves are kind of on trend now. They will give you minimalist look that you have been longing for as well as keeping your kitchen organized.
Second, Going bold? Why not? Although white kitchen is more preferable for a small kitchen, there’s nothing wrong to go on different direction. Black matte teaming up with sleek white wall can perk your kitchen up to a new level and this is a little idea you can try.
Tip: Although minimalist concept dictates you to live less, don’t give your kitchen zero adornments. Some planters would be nice. And to kick it up a notch, hang some pendant lights over the worktop.
6. Cottage Kitchen Idea
White always looks good in any kinds of kitchens including this cottage kitchen. The most conspicuous – and fabulous – thing in this kitchen is the hexagonal wall-tiles. They add more patterns to the kitchen which makes it look cooler and more authentic.
The glass door cabinet is also a clever. It keeps platers and knick-knacks under supervision. And you can find what you are looking for easily without opening the door.
Lastly, a yellow decorative light and a pink planter box on the center of kitchen table steals attention most people visited this area for the first time.
5. Vintage Kitchen Remodel Idea
The combination of furniture derived from the previous era and the use of pops of colors highlights the vintage style of this kitchen.
Instead of using marble, butcher-block counter top is chosen because it complements the wood flooring beautifully. The white cabinets and open shelves conceal flaws of the exposed brick chimney perfectly and that should give you a design inspiration.
Lastly, blue and teal hues color combination absorbed from pots and accessories in the kitchen perks the kitchen’s look up without making it look exaggerated.
4. Grey Kitchen Cabinets
When stepping into this kitchen, flowery tiles will welcome you with minor psychedelic effect that will stay in your brain for a while.
A functional white and gold pendant light installed as distraction. And it comes with knobs and faucets with similar color pattern. Cabinets come in gray color and I have to be honest it complements all elements used in this area well.
Lastly, an oval butcher-block tray lies on the worktop, holding kitchen utensils and condiments in place. Completed with four floating shelves, the author gives any chef working in this room easy access to any glass wares he/she has.
3. Cozy Breakfast Counter Under the Window
If you are tight in budget and longing for a fresher look and more functional kitchen, you don’t have to change all the things in it. You will only need to repaint your kitchen and have an additional piece of furniture like a breakfast counter.
On this corner, you can tuck away your pancake and slurp your morning coffee while enjoying the view and scenery of your backyard (if you have any). And to make it better, hang white curtains with some tints of green.
With this idea, Morning news is not the only point of view you or your children have when they breakfast.
2. Modern Farmhouse Small Kitchen Makeover
Classic ambiance is all you can see in this kitchen. The use of white subway tiles conjures up the image of previous trend. The pendant light hanging over the sink accentuates a classic trend of a farmhouse style.
The author uses a long rod and some S hooks to maximize space and minimize clutters (including to hold the kitchen utensils). That’s idea you can legally steal if you have a same issue in your kitchen right now.
Lastly, you can find a small chalkboard next to the cabinet. It designed to hold and control shopping list, weekly menus, and how to cook-list. For some, traditional checking lists are better than any apps available inside any latest smartphone or appstores
1. Small Kitchen Makeover on A Budget
And here we go. The last, but not least, a kitchen makeover idea from an author with limited budget. This makeover idea entails a lot of paint which is much more affordable than changing cabinets and sink.
The focus here is repainting and you are welcomed to use any wood or tile paints you already have in your garage or saved in Amazon wish list. In order to optimize space, you can scrap some wood planks in order to produce a new open shelf. Measure spaces above your fridge or stove and get your carpentry skill and tool to work.
Lastly, to bring harmony, hang curtains with a same color hue as furniture and cabinets you use in this area.
That’s all the 10 makeover ideas for your small kitchen. I hope now you know what you should do with them and you like this presentation too. Choose any hyperlink you want in this post and see you again soon.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.
Subscribe Our Newsletter and Follow Our Update !