The new year is coming and probably passed already. You’re going to have new hope, a new look, and maybe a new kitchen? Why not? Everything is possible if you do it now. The sooner, the better. Let’s begin with knowing how you want your kitchen to look so you can list what you’re going to need before doing any kitchen makeover. If you haven’t got any idea yet, don’t worry! I’ve collected 125 kitchen makeover ideas for your new year’s treat.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s check it out!. As always, this list is compiled for you by Simphome.com. However, before we start our countdown let’s check.
Key point kitchen makeover ideas ideal for 2022:
- No 1. Kitchen makeover ideas in 2022 is focusing on visibility so the kitchen is more open and visible
- No 2. Kitchen space optimization: moving kitchen appliances to countertops where they are easier to access, under counter storage
- No 3. The office or fifth bedroom in the kitchen can be converted into a dining area or new laundry room
- No 4. Wired charging stations for electronics are being installed on counters top edges
- No 5. Cooking tops and ovens made of glass to increase visibility
- No 6. Glass kitchen backsplash that reflects natural light to increase brightness and create interest, also more reflective than metal
- No 7. All surfaces in the kitchen need materials that are easy to clean
- No 8. A kitchen is a place for quality time with family and friends so no electronics means fewer distractions and more quality time for cooking, eating, socializing
- No 9. Most kitchens are dark and gloomy so installing lighting over kitchen counters, next to the stovetop or kitchen sink provides a better light source while cooking or preparing food prep
- No 10 The use of artificial light sources is increasing because it offers an attractive index of illumination with an attractive aesthetic in the home environment.
- No 11. Many kitchens have a lack of countertop space so using an island in the kitchen is becoming more common
- No 12. Kitchen makeover ideas for 2022 focus on the kitchen as an eating and entertaining area for the family
- No 13. Kitchens are going extinct in America so the trend is to build kitchens that are integrated within the living space or dining areas
- No 14. Kitchens with small footprints and space-saving designs are becoming more popular as well as smaller appliances with electronic interfaces
- No 15. Glass backsplash is more popular because it reflects light from the ceiling to increase visual brightness in the kitchen and reduce heat on hot days
- No 16. Kitchen makeover ideas 2022 focus on all appliances coming with a wireless system so you can use your smartphone or tablet to control your home appliances. Also, water-efficient, reflecting light and energy-saving appliances will be common
- No 17. Home appliances are being made smaller in size, more energy-efficient, and more modularized
- No 18. A kitchen remodeling will always include a kitchen redesign because kitchens will always be the main activity area in the home
- No 19. The trend for a kitchen with open space is becoming more popular as well as open planned kitchens that connect through the dining area or living room. This offers flexibility to use the entire kitchen for cooking and entertaining both of which are important in today’s society
- No 20. Refreshing colors, materials, and design elements can be used in the kitchen remodel to improve aesthetics within the home environment
- No 21. A kitchen remodels will always consist of a new floor, walls, lighting, appliances, and colors. The redesign will also include architectural changes to the space to make the room more functional
- No 22. New kitchen appliances that are smart and easy-to-use are designed so you can cook with ease and convenience
- No 23. Open floor plans are popular because they offer greater flexibility for cooking, entertaining, or dining for large families
- No 24. Home appliances that allow remote access from your smartphone or tablet is becoming more popular which helps control your home environment easier than using levers and knobs like in previous generations
- No 25. New kitchens with a more integrated design that is comfortable for cooking is a trend of the future.
- No 26. New countertops for kitchen makeover ideas 2022 will be made of composite materials that are resistant to scratches and chips
- No 27. Home appliances will be continuously improving in technology to allow you to receive alerts or notifications on your smartphone when it’s time to clean your oven, change the filter on your air filter, or have a dishwasher run
- No 28. Kitchen makeover ideas 2022 will focus on an abundance of natural light both inside the home and in the kitchen. Natural light is used by designers to improve visual aesthetics within a given space
- No 29. A kitchen design in 2022 will focus on more efficient and technologically advanced cooking appliances
- No 30. A new kitchen design will always include new appliances, countertops, and cabinets to improve the aesthetics of the overall space
- No 31. A kitchen redesign will also focus on an attractive visual aesthetic as well as beautiful materials to improve the appearance of the cooking space
- No 32. The kitchen is ideal for remodeling because kitchens are an important part of a home or apartment
- No 33. Homeowners are opting for smaller kitchens with a focus on convenience, style, efficiency, and storage
- No 34. As technology continues to improve it will play a larger role in improving home appliances and how we interact with them
- No 35. Home kitchen remodels will focus on limited space and functionality because kitchens are already the smallest room in most homes
- No 36. New designs in kitchens include open floor plans with contemporary indoor-outdoor living spaces
- No 37. Kitchen makeover ideas 2022 will focus on the interaction between technology within the kitchen and how it will help to improve the home environment overall
- No 38. Kitchens are being designed and developed to be used for entertainment as well as cooking and preparing food for meals
- No 39. All new kitchens for a remodel or new build must be designed with a focus on technology, efficiency, practicality, and high-quality materials
- No 40. Kitchen remodels will always include an open floor plan design with an abundance of natural light to improve the aesthetics of the cooking space
- No 41. The ideal kitchen in 2022 will have an abundance of natural light, be comfortably designed for cooking, entertaining, and serving meals
- No 42. The use of wood in kitchens is becoming more popular because it adds a natural aesthetic and helps to give the space a warm and welcoming appearance
- No 43. Kitchens will become more modern with European designs to provide function without sacrificing the visual aesthetics of the space
- No 44. The use of kitchen islands is increasing because they offer more storage, cabinetry, countertop space, and surfaces on which to cook or bake or prepare food
- No 45. Also, they offer a convenient space to sit down while eating or to rest plates, cups, and other cooking utensils
- No 46. Kitchens will be designed with a focus on the use of space because small kitchens are the most common in many modern homes
- No 47. Open floor plans will still be favored by homeowners who want to concentrate open-concept living spaces for greater flexibility and functionality
- No 48. A more modern kitchen design features sleek and clean lines as well as contemporary materials and appliances with a timeless classic appeal
- No 49. The use of wood is still increasing in popularity within the home environment generally and within kitchens specifically because it adds warmth and creates an inviting atmosphere
- No 50. Lastly, wood is timeless and can be used with a wide range of decorative pieces to create a look that will always be in style. New kitchens always will incorporate modern designs and modern materials that contribute to either a contemporary or traditional look while being both functional and pleasant to use
Some Basic Kitchen Makeover Ideas :
Giving your kitchen the much-needed makeover doesn’t have to be expensive. Most people were thinking of renovating or giving their kitchen a much-needed makeover usually balk at the added expense. It doesn’t have to be costly. While you will have to shell out some cash, it may turn out to be much cheaper than you initially thought. This area of your home is the core area of your interior living spaces.
I know that seems like a bold claim to make but think about it this way, which part of your home you spend time eating in, and which part of your home do you spend a lot of time talking while you’re eating or even thinking?
This area is your kitchen, and it has a tremendous impact on the overall enjoyment of your home’s interior space. You need to give it the attention that it deserves since this is the area of your home that is most used for the preparation of food all day every day, it deserves to be spruced up now and then. The good news is if you have an eye for detail, bringing in some much-needed life to this part of your home doesn’t have to be expensive or take up a lot of time.
Start with the Walls
The best way to give your kitchen space a completely different look is to paint the walls simply. Never underestimate how much impact the color of your walls has on the overall mood and psychology you have when you are in your kitchen space. It makes a difference. If you’ve ever entered a friend’s room or any kind of space in their home and it seems a bit off to you, chances are it’s the paint. You may not be able to put your finger on it, and you might not be able to articulate why you kind of feel off but chances are if they change the color of the paint on the walls, you would have a completely different impression.
Armed with this knowledge, use it to your advantage when it comes to your kitchen. A simple paint job that costs very little, maybe even less than $100 if you do it yourself, can have a profound impact on the overall mood and subjective experience you have in your kitchen.
Try Adding a Backsplash
You can also consider adding a backsplash on the walls where your kitchen sink and countertops are. You can try tiles based on your specific preference and style. Everybody has different tastes when it comes to tile texture and overall design
If you’re looking for something trendy, you might want to consider subway tiles because they are fashionable today. However, the key is to pick the ones with the right patterns. Everybody has different tastes as far as colors and patterns go so have at it. The key is to make your kitchen reflect your personality and taste.
Try to Reimagine your Cupboard
A lot of old-school kitchens in the United States have cupboards that have thick cupboard doors. These cupboard doors give an old-fashioned look to kitchens. This reality is why it’s a good idea to get rid of your cupboard doors entirely. This step doesn’t mean that you have to dismantle the cupboards. You don’t have to throw them out completely. Instead, just take off the doors and set up an open shelving system.
You may be thinking that this is going to strip out a big part of your kitchen and produce a naked look. That’s precisely the point because when you have open shelving, it makes your kitchen look more substantial and more accessible. It has a very profound positive psychological effect on people looking at that space; they sense possibility. Not only is taking off cupboard doors create more space, but it makes your kitchen look more inviting and more prominent than usual.
You can also add floating shelves so you can provide more storage for your kitchenware. The key is to set up your kitchen in an ergonomic way so the stuff that you usually use as far as kitchenware is concerned can easily be accessed. This technique not only makes for a better-looking kitchen, but it improves your overall cooking experience.
Focus on the Versatility of Use
Redesign your kitchen island to double as a dining table as well as a storage space for your kitchen stuff. You have to understand that a lot of people spend more time on the kitchen island than pretty much anywhere in the house. Why?
When they wake up in the morning right after taking a shower and right before they head out the door, they usually stop by the kitchen island for a quick bite. This habit is how most Americans start their day. Since this piece of real estate in your home goes through quite a bit of breakfast action, make sure that the kitchen is up to the job. This area is a place not only for food preparation, but it’s also a place where you can eat and talk. Design it in such a way so you can take advantage of the kitchen island’s indispensable role in your daily routine and this way, there are enough stools, and there’s enough table space so people can eat, talk and go about the rest of their day.
You can add a stool which can then be stowed underneath. This tip is crucial because the chairs have to be the right size, and they have to have the right design, so the kitchen island doesn’t end up swallowing nearby space. It doesn’t have to do that. Instead, with the open shelving and the open architecture of this part of your home, it looks very inviting and accessible. You also have a lot more space to walk around when you are preparing dishes. You wouldn’t want to run out of elbow space in this crucial part of your home.
Don’t Forget About Lighting
You may also want to try replacing your light fixtures. If you think that your kitchen interior space needs a little bit lighter and vibrancy, you would be able to pull this off in a very cheap way just by changing light fixtures. Other accents you can focus on involve water taps, cabinet handles, as well as other small details that can add up to quite a significant change in appearance. These little details do make a big difference.
The Final Word
If you have the budget, try upgrading some of your kitchen appliances to modernize the overall look of your kitchen. You don’t have to do it all at once. You can buy one item at a time. Make sure the appliances have the right color as well as the right small compact footprint on your kitchen island. With the proper planning, you can make your kitchen space stand out. It is the room in your home that can reflect your personality and sense of style.
Continue our journey, next I am giving you our 125 kitchen makeover ideas compiled from different sources. To complete your learning experience, I complete the list with relevant random videos that are still relevant to our discussion.
Let’s start the counting
1-14: Butcher Block Countertops and ideas how to make small kitchen look bigger.
1. Butcher Block Countertop and White Subway Tiles.
This kitchen looks dull with green cabinets and pink countertops worsening the tiny size, making the cooking time become one of the most stressful chores. If your kitchen has the same problem, you need to upgrade it as soon as possible for a more relaxing cooking time.
You can opt for butcher block countertops for a timeless charm that won’t cost you a fortune. Besides being relatively inexpensive, butcher block countertops tend to be DIY-friendly so you can save more bucks if you install them yourself, not to mention the warmth provided by these countertops.
You don’t have to replace the green cabinets as it can be pricey and take a lot of time. Just paint them white and you’ll get new cabinets with their top-notch look. White subway tiles with gray grout complement the cabinets perfectly.
2. So many great tips! This really has a lot of points that everyone who might be considering wood kitchen counters should read
3. Review of butcher blocks counters after two years of use: A few weeks ago I got an e-mail from a reader asking me to write a post about how our butcher block countertops are holding up. I have to admit, I’m a little embarrassed I didn’t think of this myself….of course I should write a follow-up post. My main concern when we choose them was how they would hold up over time and I’m sure many of you are wondering the same thing. So here it is, a completely honest update on our wood counters.
4. Here is the process we used to , install our butcher block countertops as well as our tips and tricks for making them look as perfect as possible!
5. Enlarge Prefinished walnut butcher block countertop picture
6. Step-by-step instructions on how to take care of butcher block countertops added in our kitchen renovation, including sanding and oiling. If there’s one question we get asked again and again about our kitchen renovation, it’s “how do you like your butcher block countertops?”.
7. Make It Bigger.
If you think your kitchen is small, why don’t you just rip your wall off and merge the kitchen with another room like your dining room? It will give extra space to your kitchen and make it look and feel much larger. Besides, an open-kitchen style is kind of on trend now, allowing you to be busy in the kitchen while maintaining the on-going conversation.
The crisp white cabinets and island paired with glossy black countertops provide the sleek design that makes this kitchen look modern. Two classic pendant lights hanging over the kitchen island add a bit of rustic look here.
8. A builder grade kitchen gets a new look with classic features like gray cabinets, Quartz counters and subway tile. Before and after is amazing!
9. From unique cabinetry solutions to little tricks, these 21 ideas will help you make the most of the space you do have.
10. How to remodel a small kitchen by netremodeling.
11. Kitchen Ideas For Small Kitchens | Kitchen Decor Inspiration | Dining Decor Items
12. Want to improve the overall ambience of the kitchen, but don’t know how? Confused by the ocean of possibilities that the decorations are? Don’t know what colour to paint your kitchen? Want to know what accessories to buy? Don’t worry. We are here to help you with 5 awesome tips on improving your kitchen, Ideas that are actually useful.
13. There’s no place like home when it has to do with kids playing. by Decorisme
14. The dining room can also house a wine cellar, store the microwave, serve as a table and store dishes. Check out solutions to increase your bench.
No.15-32: Granite Countertops, Countertop edge profile, DIY Kitchen Countertop Ideas,view clever Kitchen nook ideas etc.
No.33-46: Different kind of Opened wall-mounted kitchen cabinet ideas, Shabby chic kitchen cabinet, Kitchen color ideas, etc.
No.47-70 Entertaining kitchen model, colorful kitchen ideas, etc
No.71-100 Textural element for kitchen island, Kitchen Island Updated with Board and Batten, etc
No.101-125: Kitchen remodel ideas, other kitchen visual expansion tricks, etc.
I agree waste of my time. Removing it from my board
It only 5 seconds now.