Living in a small space can be frustrating. But don’t you know that it can be a blessing in disguise? Don’t see your space-challenged bedroom as a burdensome area.
Consider it as a blank canvas lying dormant which is waiting to be tapped into.
If you are an apartment dweller who has been putting up with the limited space for years, now it’s time for you to make a big change in your small bedroom with these 10 simple bedroom designs for small space. These ideas are compiled for you by our writer.
10. Enlarge Your Bedroom with Mirrors
If you want to enlarge your bedroom but don’t have enough space to do it, at least, you can try to trick the eyes into thinking that it is larger than it really is. And what you need to achieve this goal is a huge mirror.
A mirror can reflect lights which makes your bedroom look brighter and airier. Besides, having a full-length mirror is such a great idea because it helps you to double-check your look from head to toe before going to work or school.
You can do anything with the mirror. You can have wall-to-wall wardrobe with mirrored doors, replace a wall with a large mirror, or simply lean a full-length mirror against the wall and secure it with wall tacky. Anything will do.
9. Light Colors Will Comfort You Well
When it comes to a limited space, picking the color hues is crucial. Avoid using dark hues for your small bedroom as they will make your bedroom look more cramped. Instead of dark hues, try applying light hues, or even better, you can apply white. White hues will make your bedroom look clean and hygienic. They also make the bedroom appear to be larger and airier. Unfortunately, white hues are somewhat stark, too.
If you think your white bedroom is too blah, you can add more textures and patterns. White blanket or bed cover with black stripes will add a little bit of nuance. You can also hang a few photographs or monochromatic paintings over the headboard for a more dramatic focal point.
8. Invest in Multi-purposes Furniture
The basic theory of living in a small bedroom is downsizing the furniture. But how can you do it if you still need it? Instead of downsizing it, you can invest in some multi-purposes furniture.
Try having a bunk bed that enables you to have another room in the same spot. Replace the stair of the bunk bed with some drawer steps. These steps function as the access to the bed as well as providing sufficient space to stash your clothes and knick-knacks.
7. Shove Your Bed Against A Corner
Some people say that to expand a room visually, you need to pull the furniture a little bit so it has a little space against the wall. Well, it won’t work if you are dealing with a confined bedroom.
To make the most of a confined bedroom, shove your bed against a corner. By doing this, you’re gonna have more space to move through and a cozy bed to sleep.
6. Keep It Simple!
Keeping the furniture to a minimum without compromising your ultimate comfort is your next way to go. Don’t put too much furniture and cram it in your small bedroom. It will gobble up the valuable space which makes you feel uncomfortable.
Just keep some essential pieces of furniture that you use on a regular basis. Pick the ones with clean-line edges over the curvy ones to make your bedroom look modern and practical.
5. Embrace Floating Shelves
Keeping the floor space clean in a tiny bedroom is essential because it can expand the room visually. Therefore, investing in floating shelves is your safe bet. These corner shelves, for example, are simple thing that work like a charm. They help you hold the clutter at bay as well as turning an awkward space that is usually forgotten into a remarkable one.
They are also DIY-friendly. You only need to get some boards, do the measuring thoroughly, cut the boards, then attach them to the wall using screws or L brackets. Before attaching the shelves, you can stain or paint them the color of your choice to meet your personal taste.
4. Get Creative with Built-Ins
If you are an avid reader, having your very own personal mini library might be your dream. However, your small bedroom doesn’t allow you to make it true. Instead of getting a bulky bookshelf and placing it in your bedroom, why don’t you try to make a built-in shelf?
A built-in shelf enables you to store as many books as you want without taking up a lot of space. It is because the shelf takes the space inwards, not the other way around, so your wall will remain flat and not bulky.
3. Try A Daybed Out
A daybed might be the best piece of furniture ever when it comes to a small bedroom. It can be functioned as a comfy sofa where you can sit back and relax while reading your favorite romance and a nice bed for you to sleep. It also features some drawers underneath that you can use to hide the clutter out of sight. But, they aren’t meant to be a safe haven for clutter, though.
A headboard can be a great focal point and add an upscale look to your bedroom. But it will just take up the valuable space in your tiny bedroom for nothing. Why do you have to keep it, then? Remove your headboard and you’ll see a big change in your small bedroom. But don’t rip it off as you might want to have it back someday.
1. Amp Your Bedroom Up with Wallpaper
If you decide to ditch your headboard, you may find a blank space afterwards. It’s like there’s something missing. To fill in the missing piece, you can hang a wallpaper on the wall where the headboard used to stand.
Hanging a wallpaper will create a top-notch centerpiece as well as personalizing your bedroom and cure your boredom. There is a wide array of wallpapers that you can choose from. Just make sure it shows who you are and what you are really into.
Those are 10 simple bedroom designs for small space that will make a big impact to your life. Try them out and you’ll be amazed with what your small bedroom can do.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.