Staying in a cozy bedroom where one can have a good sleep or simply enjoy their privacy is everyone’s dream. However, this dream requires a large space. The bigger space you have, the better. But it doesn’t mean that your small bedroom can’t give you the ultimate comfort.
In fact, a small bedroom can be fun and cozy as well. The first thing you need to do to make it happen is by investing in space-saving bedroom furniture.
Check out these 10 fantastic space-saving bedroom ideas that can turn your tiny bedroom into the comfiest room in your house. Enjoy.
10. Turn The Steps into Drawers
Optimizing the available storage space is the first thing you need to do to get the most of a small bedroom. By doing this, you can still store your outfits and knick-knacks without gobbling up the valuable space and making it look messy.
If you use bunk bed for your kids, consider replacing the steps with drawers. These steps will help you store socks, T-shirts, and pants as well as providing an easy access to the upper bed.
9. Beautiful Nook for Kids
Your little girl will feel happy with her small bedroom because she has this nook. This multi-purpose nook is a perfect place to take a nap or reading some stories. It has built-in shelves that you can use to store some books. The shelves are reachable so your kids can grab the book they want to read without breaking a sweat.
This nook also features some additional storage solutions to keep the room neat. Above the bed are some cabinets that you can use to host less-used items. You can also find three drawers under the bed that you can use to store your kids’ shoes and toys. With all these cabinets and drawers, you can still have much space to move through. And that’s important. Info 1 & Info 2
8. Invest in Open Shelves and Floating Bed
Keeping everything simple and minimalist is your safe bet if you live in a space-challenged bedroom. Don’t furnish it with bulky furniture that takes up a lot of space.
Instead of placing many cabinets, you can opt for open shelves. The clean line edges of the shelves make the room appear to be larger. Besides, you will get an easier access to the books or CDs that you put there.
Another way to make the room look bigger is by investing in a floating bed. A floating bed is not literally floating. It is a kind of wall-mounted bed. And don’t forget to use light color hues as they can make the room look more spacious and airier.
7. Hide Your Bed Away
The most popular trick to get by with tiny space is by downsizing the furniture. Well, if you think the furniture is still necessary, you don’t need to get rid of it. All you have to do is just hide it away, just like this bed.
When it is still light outside, and it is not time to hit the sack, either, you can push your bed and hide it away so you have more space for you and your guests. And when it’s getting late, just pull out the bed and curl up in it, all snug and warm.
6. 2-in-1 Room
If you happen to live in a 300-feet apartment, you must need to rack your brain to find a way to make it feel comfortable. The best way to tackle this problem is by having a 2-in-1 room.
A bunk bed allows you to make this project seem possible. This nifty bunk bed, for example, offers a cozy place to sleep without overtaking the remaining valuable space. Just put a twin bed in it along with some shelves and you get a nice bedroom.
Under the bedroom is a living room where you can sit back and relax while enjoying your favorite TV show. The white shelf used as a room divider comes in handy. It not only helps to hide the bedroom but also provides ample storage space to display your treasures.
5. DIY Foldable Desk
A bedroom is not only a place to sleep. It is also a place where you can work or study comfortably. Unfortunately, you don’t have enough space for a desk. Don’t worry! You can make a fold-able desk.
To make this desk, you’re gonna need pine or white-wood board, wood screws, braid nails, piano hinge, folding leg brackets to prevent the leg from collapsing, chalkboard panel, swivel latch, and magnets that will hold the leg in the closed position.
The desk features two shelves that you can use to store taller items. When you are finished with the desk, fold the leg and desk, and secure it with swivel latch. When the desk is in the closed position, you will find a chalkboard panel that you can use as a memo at the front side.
4. Hidden Pull-Out Drawer in Your Headboard
In a small bedroom, every nook and cranny counts including your headboard that lies dormant. You can have more storage space if you make some pull-out shelves in your headboard.
To make the shelves, you need to get plywood boards, slides, screws, and paint. It is actually easy to make because the steps will be exactly the same as when you make a pull-out drawer. But if carpentry isn’t your thing, you can get it at IKEA. More info
3. Bunk Bed for Small Apartment
Making your bedroom float over the kitchen or living room is the best way to save more space. It is much better than having a bedroom on the floor, merging with the other rooms. It would definitely eliminate your ultimate privacy.
To make it better, you can line up some cubes and cabinets to form the steps to the bedroom. It’s like killing two birds with one stone. You can save a lot of space as well as adding style to your home.
2. DIY Under Bed Storage
Look around your bedroom. Can you find a niche that lies dormant and needs to be tapped into? What about the space under your bed?
You can make some pull-out drawers right under your bed. Don’t worry! It is a super easy and fast project as long as you’ve got all what you need already.
To make these drawers, you need to get some unused drawers. Sand them down thoroughly, attach a caster on each corner of a drawer, and you’re done. Easy peasy, right? Additional info.
1. Vertical Wall Bed
Don’t have a bedroom? No problem. At least, you have a bed. If you don’t have enough space for a bed, you can try buying a vertical wall bed.
Just look at this living room. Everything looks normal. But when the guests have gone home, pull the wall behind the sofa out and you’ll get a comfortable bed. And when you don’t use the bed, you can just push it back against the wall so you have plenty of space to relax with your friends on the sofa. And before you leave, here I have relevant video for you.
Those are 10 fantastic space-saving bedroom ideas. Some of them are available in the home-improvement store near you while some others can be done through DIY projects. Go save some space, makeover some IKEA products, and add some style to your tiny bedroom. Here to learn more about the video.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.