Some people live in an old house. It can be because they seek the traditional ambiance, or they have no choice but dwelling in it due to the affordable price.
Whatever the reason is an old house can be as homey as the contemporary one if you refurbish it properly.
If you are now looking for some great ideas to overhaul your old house, you’d better check these next 10 old home makeover ideas that will not only bring visual appeal, but also ultimate comfort to it.
As usual, this list is compiled for you by Simphome.com
And it comes with next relevant video:
10. Add More Colors
One of the most ubiquitous problems faced by an old house is the weathered and dated colors which make the interior look like a scene of a horror movie. To overcome this problem, you need to repaint the walls and add more patterns to the room.
For instance, this bedroom used to be horrible and spooky. However, the pops of colors have banished the scary look. The white wall and ceiling are paired with turquoise wall to bring the tranquility in.
A white wallpaper with turquoise pattern hangs behind the headboard, making a perfect accent wall that pulls the color elements of the walls. A mustard throw and colorful rug are the icing on the cake.
After painting the walls in your bedroom, you can try to incorporate textural elements and art work in it, just like this bedroom.
The white bedding is fastidiously designed to add a little bit of rough texture on your bed. The velvet and furry pillowcases balance it by providing the soft textures. A navy-blue throw lies on the bed, matching the furry pillowcase well. The rug lying on the floor offers another textural element that soothes your feet well.
Next, two teal table lamps provide an artistic look to the bedroom as well as anchoring the bed. Lastly, A nature-themed painting hangs over the headboard, creating a beautiful focal point.
The peeled wallpaper or paint is what you usually see in an old house. And it is so irritating that you wish you didn’t have to see this. Well, if you don’t want to see it, just hide it away.
There are many things that you can do to hide the flaws away. You can hang a wallpaper or cover the flaws with paneling, just like this bedroom.
The green wainscoting paneling is installed in an unusual way, creating an aesthetic look in your bedroom which complement the mid-century modern style. To kick it up a notch, two planters hang in front of the paneling.
As your house gets old, the furniture does too. When you walk into your kitchen, you will find outdated kitchen cabinets that need to be refaced soon. Refacing your kitchen cabinets is an instant way to upgrade your old kitchen.
You can reface your kitchen cabinets by attaching wood veneer or paint them. The latter one is the most common and also easiest way to give your kitchen a face-lift. For this idea, you only need to remove the doors and hardware from the cabinets, sand them down if it is necessary, and apply a few coats of paint.
6. Replace your Countertop
After painting the cabinets to get a new look, you may want to try replacing your counter-top. Replacing the countertop may not be as noticeable as refacing the cabinets, but it’s worth trying as it adds a little bit of nuance to your kitchen.
This kitchen, for example, used to have butcher-block countertop that offers the charm of a traditional look. And now, the butcherblock countertop has been replaced with granite counter-top for a more luxurious look.
Check your kitchen sink, stoves, and oven in your kitchen. Sometimes they don’t work well as they used to do. Besides, you may find that they are no longer appealing. It means it’s time for you replace them with the new ones.
The idea for example. This kitchen looks more appealing after the homeowner ditched the upper cabinets and painted the lower one’s navy blue. He also ripped the bar off to give more space to the kitchen. More importantly, he replaced the stoves and oven with the new ones that perform and look better. And lastly, He replaced the old sink with a white apron sink for a more vintage look.
Changing the style of your bathroom can definitely renew its look, just like what happened to this bathroom. It used to have pink walls and white vanity. To refresh the look, the homeowner decided to paint the wall soft green that goes really well with the white closet and tiles, and the grey vanity.
She has also improved the vanity look by painting it grey and replacing the drawer pulls with bronze cup pulls to accentuate the modern farmhouse style. She also dressed up the mirror by installing a wooden frame.
Next, two floating wood shelves hang over the closet to provide additional storage space and a shower curtain that hides mess in the bathtub.
And, you know what? If this idea steals your attention. You can follow this idea for less than $100. Check link to verify information I just shared.
When it comes to a bathroom, the first thing that grab your attention is the vanity. Therefore, adding a twist or even replacing your bathroom vanity can mean the world. If you are tight in budget, you can just tweak your vanity a little bit by repainting it, and replace the knobs and pulls.
If your bathroom is kind of undersized, try painting the wall crisp white and laying the tiles in a herringbone pattern. This bathroom looks amazing with the new vanity and wood tiles that bring the organic look into the space. The tiles are arranged in a herringbone pattern. it makes the bathroom look more spacious and it leads us to our next point.
Oftentimes an old house looks frightening from the outside which makes your neighbors and friends feel reluctant to drop by. You can turn your old house into a fascinating place by painting your exterior.
Yes! Painting is the instant way to get a new look. However, sometimes it’s not enough. In a special occasion, you will also need to fix the friable posts, porch, and replace your weathered roof too.
Lastly Number 1, Accentuate your Entrance
Your exterior is the first thing that passers-by will notice. Therefore, give the exterior of your old house new curb appeal and ditch the spooky look that can give anyone goose bumps.
To achieve this goal, first, mow your lawn. Second, grow boxwood or shrubs along the walkway to your front door. Next, to dress up your entrance, flank your front door with planters and sconces.
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
Lastly, during special event, you can also hang a wreath on your door to welcome any guests interested to interact with you and your family members.
So, doing an old home makeover may take time and energy, but it’s worth trying as you will be amazed with the new look of your house. And, of course, it will add value to your old property.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having small bathroom and also bedroom needn’t no worries since there are some space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you can use! When others are busily thinking on how to expand the size of those rooms, you can simply make yourself busy in beautifying the house in “almost” no time and no cost. The point of these 10 creative ideas is to make sure that small size can still have loads of meaning. They can still have bedroom and also bathroom that are clean, neat, and also tidy.
Here I am going to leak some of those space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom for all of you. When you need more space to hang your jacket and coat but there is no, the room can turn to be a whole mess. Thus, you need specific place to hang it. What you will need is not going to be much since it takes most of those essential things you have already had at home. When you need places to hang jackets, you can create your own DIY organizer by using some hangers. It needs no cost and no time to make it done.
Piles of books can also turn your bedroom into a mess when you aren’t capable of making it neater. You need to do something to make your own bookshelf. Although you might not a handyman or craftsman, you can still do it on your own way and style. What you will need is only a pallet and you need to prepare nails, saw, and also hammer. This is the easiest and the most effective way to create bookshelf based on the size that you need. Keep on reading if you want to know eight other inspiring ideas about space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you have never expected to exist! Click here/hyperlink to get more information!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Small bedroom decorating ideas are a list of those inspiring ideas related to how to decorate a small bedroom that you have in a nice and pleasing way. Having limited space of the bedroom doesn’t always guarantee that you will have cramped and also uncomfortable. It doesn’t always go the same way though. In fact, half of the total population who have limited space can still enjoy it and even they can find comfort from what they have. What people need to keep in mind is that efficiency is the key of everything. Whatever you are going to do can be solved when you pay attention about the efficiency.
Apparently, there are some ways that people can do in order to transform the whole bedroom into a cozy and comfortable place. When you have changed the entire look of your bedroom, you can compare the before and after process and which one you like better. Here is the complete guide about the 10 methods of how to decorate your small bedroom to be more appealing and also more attractive. What do these small bedroom decorating ideas provide? Of course you will be able to store those tiny stuffs that you have. There is one way that you can do to overcome this. It is by making corner shelves.
Corner shelves can be installed in your small bedroom since it can manage to hold some books, flower pots, photo framers, toys figurines, miniatures items, and many more. You can even make it by yourself based on the size that you would like to have, the color, the material, and even the place that you wish you could hang it in. Most of the time, people put too much attention on how to buy expensive things to improve the value of their bedroom, in fact something beautiful doesn’t have to be expensive as long as you know what to do. Thus, for more information you can click this link for the complete methods in decorating include shabby.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!