Contemporary home décor is very popular these days, which is why a lot of you might want to apply this style inside your own home. The contemporary style is heavily influence by modern home décor although it is not the same. Contemporary style always changing following the current style so you must know the latest trend in home décor if you want to apply this theme in your house interior. Learn some of the trend that you could use to create contemporary style house interior.
Using Contemporary Home Décor in Your House Interior
1. Hallway niche
A lot of contemporary house have hallway niche which used to display vase or other pottery that you have. You can also put some contemporary art on the other wall if you do not have hallway niche.
This is a nice way that you could use to decorate your empty hallway. Make use any possible space in your wall and arrange some art beautifully on it.
For the color, you should use monochrome colors for most of the things in your house, from the wall color to the furniture color. Neutral colors as well as the standard black and white color are the favorite choice.
However if you really want to add a splash of bold color on one of the items as the accent point, it is still allowed. But most people want the entire color blend together since it is easier.
3. Open space
Another signature of contemporary home décor is the feel of open space in every room. If it is possible, just open all of your space and do not use any divider when it is not necessary.
Living room, dining room and kitchen might be located in one big space. To separate the rooms, you could use area rugs or other furniture element but try to keep it still unite. Use big glass wall that could connect your interior to your exterior so your house could unite with the nature.
4. Square shape furniture
For the furniture, the contemporary home décor use furniture with square shape and clean line. Especially for the sofa, chairs, and bed you can see that most of it has clean line and raised low.
If it is possible, try to find multifunction furniture that has storage inside the furniture. That way you can have extra storage for a lot of things without having to place other kind of storage.
5. Natural element
As a way to unite with the nature, contemporary home décor uses a lot of natural element. That is why you could use natural material and texture on your design. Hardwood can be used on the floors, walls or on some furniture.
Cotton fabric for bedding and other things that needs fabrics. Or you can also insert some plants inside your house as the natural element.
6. Metallic and glossy
As this contemporary style always follow the current trend, they would also use a lot of metallic and glossy finish. Especially on the furniture which have glossy finish to make the colors glow, except if your furniture has natural wooden surface, then it is better to keep it natural.
For the metallic finish, you can use it on the fixture, lighting, and other things that might be using metal material. But remember to keep it moderate and not too much since it will remove the contemporary home décor signature.
Tips in Creating Contemporary Interior Style
When you want to create contemporary home décor in your house, you should try to combine artistic value of the style itself. They use a lot of natural element as it is the art of the nature then you can combine them with other contemporary arts such as pottery, paintings, furniture, and many other. However do not use them too much since you need to keep the modern, natural, and artistic side of this contemporary style balanced. As long as you add several of those elements inside the room as signature or accent point of the room, then it is enough.
Another reason to not add too many elements is because you need to keep the room as clean as possible. This is another signature of contemporary home décor as you need to keep the room clean from any clutter. That is why if you have a lot of things; try to find closed storage where you could organize your items neatly. It should be hidden but still it should be organize neatly. There are a lot of cube shelves which you could use as storage and display if you have several collections which you think suitable as the contemporary decoration. For your entertainment system, you can have sleek designed storage placed under your flat screen television while the cable and other equipments are stored neatly on the storage out of view.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having small bathroom and also bedroom needn’t no worries since there are some space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you can use! When others are busily thinking on how to expand the size of those rooms, you can simply make yourself busy in beautifying the house in “almost” no time and no cost. The point of these 10 creative ideas is to make sure that small size can still have loads of meaning. They can still have bedroom and also bathroom that are clean, neat, and also tidy.
Here I am going to leak some of those space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom for all of you. When you need more space to hang your jacket and coat but there is no, the room can turn to be a whole mess. Thus, you need specific place to hang it. What you will need is not going to be much since it takes most of those essential things you have already had at home. When you need places to hang jackets, you can create your own DIY organizer by using some hangers. It needs no cost and no time to make it done.
Piles of books can also turn your bedroom into a mess when you aren’t capable of making it neater. You need to do something to make your own bookshelf. Although you might not a handyman or craftsman, you can still do it on your own way and style. What you will need is only a pallet and you need to prepare nails, saw, and also hammer. This is the easiest and the most effective way to create bookshelf based on the size that you need. Keep on reading if you want to know eight other inspiring ideas about space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you have never expected to exist! Click here/hyperlink to get more information!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Small bedroom decorating ideas are a list of those inspiring ideas related to how to decorate a small bedroom that you have in a nice and pleasing way. Having limited space of the bedroom doesn’t always guarantee that you will have cramped and also uncomfortable. It doesn’t always go the same way though. In fact, half of the total population who have limited space can still enjoy it and even they can find comfort from what they have. What people need to keep in mind is that efficiency is the key of everything. Whatever you are going to do can be solved when you pay attention about the efficiency.
Apparently, there are some ways that people can do in order to transform the whole bedroom into a cozy and comfortable place. When you have changed the entire look of your bedroom, you can compare the before and after process and which one you like better. Here is the complete guide about the 10 methods of how to decorate your small bedroom to be more appealing and also more attractive. What do these small bedroom decorating ideas provide? Of course you will be able to store those tiny stuffs that you have. There is one way that you can do to overcome this. It is by making corner shelves.
Corner shelves can be installed in your small bedroom since it can manage to hold some books, flower pots, photo framers, toys figurines, miniatures items, and many more. You can even make it by yourself based on the size that you would like to have, the color, the material, and even the place that you wish you could hang it in. Most of the time, people put too much attention on how to buy expensive things to improve the value of their bedroom, in fact something beautiful doesn’t have to be expensive as long as you know what to do. Thus, for more information you can click this link for the complete methods in decorating include shabby.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.