Getting a brand-new kitchen that provides the ultimate comfort can be done by replacing the cabinets. But it is definitely not an overnight fix. You’re going to need lots of time and bucks to get new cabinets.
Why do you have to spend a lot of time replacing your cabinets if you can do it in just a weekend or even a couple of hours? You don’t need to replace them all. You will just add a twist, instead. If you are longing for a new look for your kitchen without breaking a sweat and costing you a fortune, just keep watching this video since I’ve got 10 mind-blowing DIY kitchen cabinets refacing ideas. As always, this list is compiled for you by simphome.
10. Peel-and-Stick Wood Veneer
Wood veneers are relatively cheap and can fake the look of natural wood perfectly. Besides, they come in a wide array of colors that you can choose from. Therefore, they are what you need to get new cabinets without breaking your bank.
To reface your cabinets using wood veneer, you need to remove the cabinet doors and drawer fronts first. Then, clean the surfaces thoroughly using denatured alcohol. After that, scuff it using sanding sponge before cleaning it using the alcohol again.
Measure the surface of the cabinets meticulously because you’re going to bring that measurement to the veneers. Cut the veneers according to the measurement you made. Then, carefully apply the veneer to the surface of the cabinets.
Don’t press it too hard so you can realign it when you make a mistake. But if you are sure that it fits well, you can press it using the veneer tool firmly for a good bond and smooth finish. And don’t forget to reinstall the cabinet doors back.
9. Add More Patterns And Colors Using Wallpaper
The best way to get a new look in your kitchen is by hanging wallpaper on the surface of your cabinets. Just like veneers, wallpapers come in a breadth of colors. But they are richer in patterns and textures. And the most important thing is they are inexpensive and DIY friendly. To reface your cabinets using wallpapers, you still need to remove the doors and sand the surface down fastidiously. Then, do the measurements. After that, cut the wallpaper to length.
Using warm soapy water, wash off the cabinet doors. Rinse it off and dry it. Once they are dry well, you can begin to set the wallpaper on them after you soak the wallpaper in a little water in a flat container. You may need a stiff brush when setting the wallpaper to avoid any unwanted air bubbles trapped behind it.
8. Chalkboard Cabinet Doors
Replacing your cabinet doors with new ones can give a fresher look to your kitchen. But if you can’t afford it, you can just paint the doors and turn them into more useful things instead of being just doors. You can paint them using chalkboard paint so they can be functioned as a memo as well. First, remove the doors and sand the area where you’re going to apply the paint. Clean it from the debris. Apply painter tape around the area that you’re going to paint. You don’t want to ruin the frame of your cabinet doors, do you?
After that, apply the chalkboard paint using a paintbrush. Let it dry before scuffing it using a 220-grid sanding block. For a better result, you can apply two more coats of the chalkboard paint. Don’t forget to sand it down between the coats. Get a chalk and rub the side of it over the chalkboard.
7. Barnwood Cabinet Doors for A More Rustic Look
Feeling bored with your plain cabinet doors? Try to add more style to your kitchen by replacing them with Barnwood doors. To make these doors, you’re going to need 1×3 wood boards, nail gun, round rustic barndoor pulls, rustic strap hinges, and some other tools.
The first thing you can do is to assemble the 1x3s to form a door with Z at the front part. Then, you can install is to the cabinets. Add the hinges and pulls.
6. Replace the Hinges
The hinges that connect the cabinet doors and frame are small, but don’t underestimate them. You can make a big change by replacing these tiny things.
If you want your cabinets to look more modern and sleeker, just ditch the hinges. Well, it’s impossible, though. Let’s try to hide them, instead. So, let’s go for overlay hinges. By installing these kinds of hinges, you will get cabinets with clean and sleek surface.
5. Repaint Your Kitchen Cabinets
Repainting the cabinet doors is the most convenient way to get a new look in a jiffy. Before painting them, you need to remove the cabinet doors and hinges. Don’t forget to number them all so you can put them back to their initial position. It’s important because if you mix them up, you’ll find hard to put them back. That’s it and enjoy your new furniture look.
4. Go For Shaker Cabinet Doors
Shaker cabinet doors are kind of on trend now. Don’t miss this up-to-date style just because you don’t want to splurge out on some new cabinets. You don’t need to replace your cabinets. You just need to replace the doors.
Begin this project with measuring the woods. Then, cut them to length. Make the dados. Cut the tongue of the woods so they can fit the dados you made. Then, try to assemble the pieces to see whether they fit perfectly. If you’re satisfied with it, begin to apply the glue to the pieces.
3. Chicken Wire Mesh
Jazz your kitchen cabinet doors up by replacing the flat panel of the doors with chicken wire mesh. The mesh will enable you to see what’s inside the cabinets easily. Besides, it also adds textural elements to your kitchen.
The way to install this wire mesh is almost the same as the way you make shaker cabinet doors. You can also add colored or patterned fabric behind the mesh to make the doors look prettier.
2. Frosted-Glass Cabinet Doors
The blurred plates and kitchen utensils behind the cabinet doors provide great look to your kitchen. Frosted-glass doors are what you need to add the touch of elegance to your kitchen.
Again, why do you have to spend lots of money to get new cabinets? You can get some frosted glasses in the hardware store near you and make the frosted-glass doors yourself.
1. Two-Tone Kitchen Cabinets
Why do you have to stick to only one color scheme if you can get a more marvelous kitchen by combining two different colors at once? Two-tone cabinets are not impossible. You only need to explore your imagination or get some ideas around you, then using a little bit of elbow grease, paint the upper and lower cabinets with your favorite colors.
Those are 10 fabulous DIY kitchen cabinets refacing ideas that you can try at home. Get a new look and new joy from your new kitchen. Whether they are small kitchen or big. And the best thing is you can still salt away your money.
Recommended Lists for You:
As upgrading the furniture has been something essential to be done in life, the inspiring IKEA furniture upgrade ideas might be needed in order to save up more money with the same type of product, color, or even materials. As nobody denies the charm of all IKEA products that look so eye catching, people are trying their best to find the hacks or IKEA products or the upgrade ideas so that at least they can have the same or similar products they wish to have. Frankly speaking, do you know that some of IKEA products should have been upgraded so that it would last long and bring elegance for your home?
The term of IKEA furniture upgrade means that you won’t change all parts of the furniture. The changes would be partial or only a few parts of the furniture. For example when you have a sofa you bought from IKEA with its standard legs then you can upgrade it into the stylish and fashionable legs. Another example that you can look into is that you can add legs into some shelving units. This is the easiest and the fastest way to show off about your upgrades. When most of the shelving units sold by IKEA has no specific legs, by adding legs would make this shelving stands out and becomes your center of attention.
There would be another 35 IKEA furniture upgrade ideas that you can search all over the article with its detail ideas to rely on. You can get all those inspiring ideas you have never heard or read before. It has been guaranteed that you will never end up in your biggest disappointment when you have come this far. Let’s get everything straight and useful at the same time. Go and click this link to read the complete information.
30 Sweet IKEA Table Hacks
IKEA has been the biggest source for the people to look for some ideas and one of them is the IKEA table hacks. As table is one of the mostly used by the people to do activity, to beautify a house, to prepare food, and to do everything at home, people want to make some tables which do not only have a lot of benefits but also have good looks too. Although doing the Do-It-Yourself is not as easy as buying one. You will need a lot of things to prepare and it is not something that someone who is not a handyman can do.
IKEA table hacks grant all of those wishes that people have when they want to have their ideal table at home. They don’t want to have that common look of their tables since it won’t be attractive and also interesting to look. Are you looking for the standard one, the modern one, the fashionable one, the stylish one, or the industrial look? These table hacks have everything that meets your requirements to be the ideal table.
IKEA always brings something unique and it gives specific taste to the place it belongs to. Even when you want to give your mom an IVAR cupboard makeover with flowers, it is possible too! Your mom would be totally delighted since this cupboard will make your existing cupboard looks much more appealing. You will have your cupboard painted and decorated in flowers that don’t really look like artificial. You are able to make your own nightstand and kitchen island too. This won’t be something that you will regret but you will when you miss this good chance of yours. Where else can you get these IKEA table hacks which aren’t that hard to make? Click here to read more information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
What would you feel when you get a lot of information about the IKEA chair hacks? Will you feel excited and glad because you are going to improve the value of your house after getting to know these hacks? Having wooden chairs will never hurt anyone but having much better chair will bring you satisfaction and also pleasure that you might have sought everywhere. You will have no more boring chairs as you will give different touch to every single piece into all of your chairs at home.
Just let me know what kind of chair that belongs to your favorite and ideal chair. When you want to have the monochrome kind of chair, these IKEA chair hacks would be the source you really need to know. You will get to see a wide range of unique and modern chairs that will enlighten your living room and those other rooms that are added with these chairs. Let say like the marble IKEA chair that makes the room look cozier and much friendlier than before, you can apparently make your own version at home by following these hacks.
Seriously, you will never end up regretting after coming here. We will excitedly share this good news to all of you to make your house value gets improved too. Even when you want to make your own version of sling chair or lazy chair, you can even make it on your own and choose your own fabric to make this kind of chair. Although you might be unfamiliar in doing this kind of craftsmanship, you will end up having one at the end. Another chair that you can find out from those 28 ideas is bedside chair. This kind of chair might have plain look since it is made up of wood and it looks totally similar to those chairs you use at school. No wonder, you can simply click this link to find out more inspirations.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.