Traditional home décor is timeless ideas that you can use forever without getting outdated. It originated from the old eighteen century time so you can actually choose several traditional themes to use in your house. This theme will not only make your house become more beautiful but you can really feel the elegant atmosphere that this time will give to every room. No wonder even people with modern house still want to apply traditional theme in their interior since it look very luxurious. You can try to mix and match modern and traditional items if you want so it would still support your modern lifestyle.
Things to Consider in Using Traditional Home Décor
1. Color scheme
The color scheme of traditional house is actually more colorful than you think of. Most people think that traditional house is filled with boring brown color but you can actually use other color. For example you can try to use green or peach color for the main color then use tan or aubergine color for the accent. With this color scheme you will get a colorful pallet which not boring but still have the traditional feeling. Do not forget to use bronze tone for other items to give warm feeling that traditional style should have. (via hgtv)
2. Window treatment
For the traditional home décor window treatment you can use formal treatment with swag as well as panel for the combination. You can make the window appear higher by hanging the swag taller than the window frame thus making faux window frame illusion. To arrange it, you can gather the panel together on the side then tied it with cord that has tassels for decoration. The swag can also be decorated with fringe or other smaller tassels to make it more beautiful, choose textured material so it would not appear cheap. (via zhihu)
When it comes to traditional home décor, pattern is a must but you could not use any pattern that you found since traditional design has specific pattern to use. First pattern that you can use is damask pattern which already famous for traditional theme. Then you can also use floral pattern but make sure that the pattern is all over the surface. Then you can use those patterns on many things such as the wallpaper and the cushion of your sofa or even pillow for your living room and bedroom, but keep the usage moderate so it will not feel too much. (via royaldesignstudio)
4. Oil painting
The best traditional home décor that you must own is an oil painting with still life art or other kind of art that you like. You can put those arts in every room to give it dramatic effect. Combine the art with your family picture which will give the room romantic feeling and even more personal appearance. Not only the painting will increase the value of your design since it now incorporate art, but your design will appear more elegant and sophisticated as well. Try to make the painting to be the center point of the room if possible. (via overstockart)
Usually people will keep minimum lighting for traditional home décor to give the design romantic atmosphere. But you still need to think about the kind of lighting you will use in the room. To enhance the romantic feeling even more, try to give the room chandelier as lighting. Not only chandelier suitable as traditional house lighting but it also very beautiful to look at. Of course you need to choose traditional type chandelier but crystal chandelier also work best with the traditional theme. Make sure the size of the chandelier is suitable for the room so it would not be too big or too small to light everything. (via traditionalhome)
Tips in Using Traditional Design for Your House Theme
Traditional design is classic theme that does not tied with any time, which is why people love to use it since they do not need to change their house theme anymore. If you want to use this theme you should know that the design can give many kinds of feeling into your house according to the way you design it. You can try to create elegant feeling by using simple pieces in your living room to make it more interesting.
Romantic feeling is more suitable for your bedroom or bathroom with more private usage thus you can make use this atmosphere more. Luxurious feeling can also be achieved by using this feeling which you can also apply in your dining room where you could entertain people. All you need to do is to choose which feeling you want to achieve with this theme then design the room accordingly. There are a lot of items that you could use to achieve the feeling such as silverware, flowers in beautiful vase, luxurious material, and many others.
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!