15. A DIY Shoe Shelf: Stylish Round Rod & Bracket Design
Creating my own shoe shelves was a challenging yet rewarding project inspired by a Pinterest find. Here’s how I did it:
You’ll need the following:
- Round rod
- Brackets (e.g., SANDSHULT from IKEA)
- Wood glue
- Hard wax oil
- Measure and cut the round rods to your desired length (e.g., 100 cm and 80 cm).
- Lay the rods on the floor and glue the brackets on top to ensure a straight and level surface.
- Once the glue is dry, carefully flip the shelves and drill small holes for screws to prevent cracking.
Note: This step can be tricky due to the brackets, but persevere!
- Apply two coats of transparent hard wax oil to enhance durability.
While this project offers a stylish and cost-effective alternative to store-bought shoe shelves, be prepared for challenges during the screwing process. Ensure a sturdy installation and enjoy creating functional and chic storage for your beloved footwear collection.
Detail from Inredningsdrommar.wordpress.com