03. A Floating Nightstand for your storage and décor needs.
Believe it or not, you will complete the DIY project in this option in just a few hours, but the results are pretty satisfying with a floating nightstand with a smartphone slot.
- Pick a 1×8 pine board, then cut it into whatever size you want for the nightstand.
- Use this piece as the top side of the nightstand.
- Next, cut a 5/4×6 board the same size as the top panel as the vertical or wall support.
- Create a smartphone slot one inch close to the edge of the top panel. Make sure this slot can accommodate your cellphone, including the case. Also, drill holes next to it for smartphone cords or other electrical needs.
- Glue the top piece to the vertical support forming a 90-degree angle.
- Let it dry, then sand it and apply the stain or color you want.
- Finally, you can mount the nightstand on the wall beside the bed.
More important recommendations by Themerrythought.com.