With a little sweat equity and a bit of creativity, wood crates can be transformed into just about anything, not the least of which being wall storage.
1. Lively Cubbyholes
Small space really doesn’t look great with a lot of furniture on the floor. Avail yourself of the opportunity to use wood crates for wall storage. Mount several wood crates on the wall in a specific pattern so that it will double as wall décor. Note that it’s better if you have each crate in different color to create an intriguing look. Paint them in calming hues of grays, blues or beige to add personality and warmth to your room. These floating shelves are perfect to stash shoes, toys, bags, basically anything! Consider this space-friendly and creative wall storage idea using wood crate for your cramped quarters. (via homebnc)
2. Entryway Shelves
Coat racks are a dime a dozen feature that greet you at pretty much every entrance. Make use of the empty space on the wall by the door as your storage unit. Three wooden crates will make a great three-tiered floating shelf to store your shoes or wicker baskets. Coat the crates with soft white paint to create a harmonious look or choose dove gray, pale blue or beige for a more calming effect. (via homebnc)
3. Wall Bookshelves
Stacking your books on the table doesn’t seem so neat but buying a bookshelf isn’t your option either since you don’t have an extensive book collection. What you need is a custom-made bookshelf and it might perk you up a bit knowing that you can make two bookshelves with just one wood crate. Simply cut a crate in half and mount each one on the wall with brackets. This is surely a no-fuss organization method that you should try! (via onecrazyhouse)
4. Upper Cabinets
If plate racks aren’t appealing to you, then open wooden cabinets might be the thing you’re looking for. Turn your wooden crates on their sides so that the bottom parts are attached to the wall. Secure them with nails you set into the wall or simple brackets. Install them on top of your sink or countertop for easier access when you are washing dishes. Moreover, you still have extra spots to store your cans and jars on top of the cabinets. (via onecrazyhouse)
5. Colorful Towel Stowing
Repurpose your old coffee cans as storage to hoard your combs, lotions, brushes, or your curling irons. Pretty much everybody drinks coffee so Cabinets and drawers are sometimes very pricey and looking at your bank account alone almost make you have a heart attack. Yet, with a simple touch and modification on wooden crates you can create a bohemian style in your bathroom. Adjoin two or more crates and anchor them to the wall or on top of your sink and you will have your own shelves to store your towels and shower caddies. Choose bright tones to make your bathroom fresh and colorful. If you decide to mount more than two shelves, arrange them in an elegant manner to create a beautiful composition so that they will be fascinating to look at. (via usefuldiyprojects)
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from December 2018 :
- 333 Small Kitchen ideas, Organization, and Kitchen Designs.
- Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8, Page 9, and Page 10.
- 100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area.
- Page 2, Page 3, and Page 4 .
- 45 Kitchen Remodel Ideas for People with Low-Budget Condition.
- 40 Bathroom Designs for across generations.
- 10 DIY Kitchen Cabinets Refacing Ideas.
- 10 Bathroom Remodel and Organizing Ideas Under $10k.
- 10 Bedroom Sets Idea for Small Space.
- 10 Bathroom Makeovers That Won’t Rob Your Fortune.
- 10 DIY Bedroom Storage Ideas.
- 10 Creative DIY Kitchen Countertop Ideas.
- 10 Small Bathroom Ideas for Small Property Owner.
- 10 Brilliant DIY Kitchen Cabinet Ideas.
- 10 Cute and Affordable Bathroom Decor Ideas.
- Japanese Home Design to Apply in Your Modern House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Subscribe Our Newsletter and Follow Our Update !