Decorating a home can be a challenging task. After searching the answer from in the internet, you probably get more confused than before. Worry not, this time, you have my hand to tackle that task. Next, this is more than a dozen cheap DIY Home decor ideas you can take and test for yourself by your list maker simphome.com. Start from number 1.
For your learning experience, this list also comes with a video format you can repeat and enjoy as many time as your heart desire.
1. Painting linoleum or vinyl floor
If you use linoleum or vinyl as your flooring, then you can try to paint it to change the look to appear more expensive. More info
2. Closets mirror
Expensive closets has build-in mirror on its door, you can make this your own by using simple DIY home decor project mirror with cheap frame, paint, and attached it to your closets door.
3. Cover your garage with curtain
You might have a garage shelf filled with wire and other tools which always look messy no matter what you do. Try to cover the shelf with curtain to hide the mess from view.
4. Waved your drapery
Messy drapery on your window treatment can be make to be neat by waving it with basket weave. Here’s more info.
5. Brash snap hook your curtain
Decorate your curtain by tying in using keyhole, yarn rope, and a brash snap hook which you can cheaply purchase only for $2 in your local hardware store.
6. Tidy television wire
Messy television wire can be tidy using rod for shower curtain. More detail and requirements
7. Simple decoration for windows
If you do not want to use curtain for windows then you can still decorate it with brackets. More
8. Decorate your shower curtain
It is easy to decorate your shower curtain with this little solution. Just use an old napkin ring then tie ribbons as decoration. Find the supplies in etsy.
9. Sheer curtain
Decorate teenage room with sheer curtain windows treatment by mix and matching the color.
10. Place area rug correctly
In bedroom use the big 8 inch by 10 inch size area rug and place it rightfully under the queen size bed until the headboard or right before the lamp table. In dining room pull out the chair as if you want to sit down on it, and purchase rug size which will fit to the area where the chair stand when you pull it. As for living room, make sure you put front legs of the sofa or chair on the rug. More detailed information
Pause: Fore more info related to source of this list, help yourself by playing this video. In case you feel lost because you cannot find detail information related to this list, help yourself by visiting this pinterest board.Feel free to pin, repin, or comment..
Continue with our list
11. Fancy fridge
Make your fridge fancier with this project. in simple word, spraying it or putting washi tape on it and done. Idea by theeverygirl.com
12. Garage door window
Make a faux garage door window by painting it with black color paint by twopeasinabucket [Play our video in this post to learn more because website is no longer active]
13. Expensive looking flat screen TV
Add designers expensive looking on your flat screen TV by adding frame on it. just choose any material that you want as the frame, from classic, chic, to minimalist style then make a custom frame for your flat screen TV. DIY, Info, and Disguise that flat screen.
14. DIY bedskirt tassel
Ever see those expensive bedding with tassels on the bedskirt. You can actually make it your own. Just use a colorful yarn, cut it in 8 inch length with scissors wrap it to create the tassels, put a clipboard on it, and then just put in on your bedskirt. More information
15. Organize your kitchen sink items
Try to organize your kitchen sink items by putting in on an unused cake stand.
16. Decorate your air ventilation
Add a rubber outdoor doormat that has a lot of spaces in it to allow the air to come through it and attach it inside your air ventilation. Detail
17. Repaint your old air ventilation
You can easily spray paint your old air ventilation with primer and metallic paint to make it look new again. Just purchase one can each for 10 of your air ventilations. IMG
18. DIY canopy bed
Ever want to have canopy bed? You can try to DIY it and make it your own. Just use some curtain rods and drill in on your bed ceiling to surround it. Then hang 6 lightweight fabrics with your favorite pattern on it. There you have your own canopy bed.s underneath it to make it a portable shelf.
19. Accent ceiling
Most modern house only has crown molding on the ceiling with white painting that makes it look boring. But actually you can make your ceiling to be a DIY project accent ceiling by painting it to replace your accent wall function.
20. Decorate your light switch
You might want to have an expensive looking light switch with decoration on it. actually it is very easy to make it your own, just bring your light switch plates to your local craft store and try to find picture frame which can fit it perfectly. If you are handy and want to have uniform frame for all of your light switch then just purchase trim pieces to make the frame yourself.
After you find the right frame use Krazy glue to attached them on the plates. Then you need to spray the frame using top coat paint with gloss clear finishing. Do not forget to do it in a well ventilated area and wear a mask while spraying. After all of them dry, all you need to do is to put back the switch plates to finish your DIY home decor project.
21. Light shade metal decoration
Making your own light shade metal decoration is not that difficult especially since it is cheaper than purchasing the real metal shade. To make it you need a few sheets of punched metal, spray adhesive and E-6000, clothespins, painter’s tape, light panel, cutting disk dremel tool, parchment paper, top and bottom wire ring in 16 inch size, straight pipe in 11 inch size. There is a seven steps easy project tutorial to make this decoration complete with picture that is easy to follow.
22. Make balloon drapery
Have you ever see a balloon drapery on those grand houses which make the window looked grand as well. You can actually make this on your own using curved shape shower curtain which you can attached on top of your window then put drapery on it. If you simply want to buy it, get it here.
23. Repaint your kitchen equipment
If you have old stainless steel equipment inside your kitchen which still function well but appear old and unsightly, try to renew the look by repainting it using liquid paint for stainless steel. Source
24. Taller ceiling illusion
If you have low ceiling and want to create a taller ceiling illusion, then you can try to use two tone painting style. To do this DIY home decor project, all you need to do is to paint half of your wall with different color and let the top part of the wall still in its original white color. Source
25. Create your own rustic look
You can create your own rustic look cheaply by adding wood planks on your room walls then paint it roughly to create the rustic look. It will only cost you $28 for each wall with 6 wood planks, choose fence boards for cheap bargain. Other things that you need is construction adhesive, saw, spacers, sanding block, trim, brush, this link, and of course the paint.
26. Create your own window shade
No sewing needed when making this window shade since it only use magnet so you do not to be really handy. Just choose any color of fabric remnant that you love. Fold on top edge to make the trim then glue 4 magnets on the fold that you have made. Lay scratch paper when you glue the magnet so it would not stick to your table. Cover the fabric seam with ribbon so it would not fry open.
Now you are done with the window shade, next is making the pom pom as decoration by using wool yarn then glue a piece of string on the bottom seam of the window shade while inserting the pom pom every few inches. This project window treatment is now done.
27. Un-stain then re-stain your old drawers
Purchasing new drawer cabinet might cost you thousands of dollars, but here we can remodel your old drawers cheaply. Use spray stripper on the drawers to un-stain them then let them be for a while until the old finish loose then use plastic scraper to strip it off, sand all of it to completely remove the old finishing. Re-stain the drawer with two coats of stainer and finish it with poly coating.
28. Rustic style bathroom mirror frame
Add a frame to your bathroom mirror to get rustic style which match well with other decoration you have in your bathroom. Grab detailed instructions to execute this idea properly here.
29. 3D tile gel sticker
You do not need to change your kitchen backsplash as you can cheaply use a 3d tile gel sticker only for $7.48 each. Just peel and attached it on your kitchen backsplash to update it with this DIY home decor project.
30. Decorate your cord
Try to decorate your old black cord using red suede cover which only cost no more than $2. But the price may already change by now. Update here
31. Create thick baseboards
Put a thin trim a few inches above your original baseboard then paint it with the same color as your thick baseboard. There you will get thick baseboard trim molding. But Of course my short explanation is not enough.
32. Decorate your kitchen cabinets
On top of your kitchen cabinets nail an extra board with crown molding on the edge for decoration. Now you get extra space on top of your kitchen cabinets from this DIY home decor Project.
Done, now you can share this post to anyone close to you in social media. Thank you in advance.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!