Although bathroom is not the first thing your guests will notice, sometimes it still needs revamping in case they need to use it. You do want to impress them, don’t you? in this list, I am going to show you 10 modern bathroom ideas on a budget by simphome.com that will improve your bathroom’s look without making you caught a little short.
10. Begin with Small Things
When you are thinking about renovating your bathroom, and your bathroom sink, what will you probably do? Removing your old vanity and replacing it with a new one? Well, that will surely provide a new look in no time, but it entails a lot of work and bucks. My advice, begin with some simple things like the shower curtain, soap container, and flowers.
Matching some accessories can boost a different nuance to your bathroom. If you don’t have much time and budget to paint the entire bathroom, you can match your shower curtain, flowers, vase, and the soap basket too.
Also, if your bathroom is rather small, hanging white or clear curtain would make it appear expanded, just like what this curtain does. Its basic color is white with some aqua accents completed with aqua jars used to store cotton buds and hold two beautiful hydrangeas. Last, the aqua basket that holds the soaps also complement this room interior as well.
9. DIY Bathroom Remodel by Angela Marie Made
If a tight budget is your real issue, you can always go with some DIY projects that won’t definitely burned deep hole in your pocket. For your bathroom, you can try different DIY projects such as installing beadboard bathroom, changing the tiles, adding a bathroom vanity, etc.
If you have much time to embellish your bathroom, you can begin with making DIY shiplap ceiling. To make the ceiling, you are going to need 4ft x 8ft Plywood sheets, ceiling trim or molding, 1 ¼” brad nails, paint, paintbrush, and some assistance because you can’t install this shiplap ceiling yourself.
Once the ceiling is done, now you can go with the flooring. To save more money and time, try investing in vinyl flooring. Some vinyl flooring is easy to install. You don’t have to remove the existing tiles as you can install it right over them.
8. DIY Toilet Paper Stand by the Merrythought
This toilet paper stand is cute and easy to make. Therefore, you should try it to your bathroom renovation to fill in the awkward space next to your closet.
To make this toilet paper stand, you’re going to need a piece of 1″x6″x6′ board cut into two 25″ pieces and two 8″ pieces, a wooden dowel, screws, drill, sandpaper, and 7/8” forstner bit.
Measure 1 ½” in on sides of the bottom of 8” pieces, and 3/8” from top and bottom. Do the same thing on ends of 25” pieces. Then, drill a hole through the four marks you made to the 8” pieces. Repeat this step to each end of the 25” pieces. Measure 3 ½” from the top of 25” pieces. Using forstner bit, drill a hole on each 25” pieces to insert the wooden dowel that holds the toilet paper. And, voila! You have a super cheap toilet paper stand for your bathroom.
You can apply any finish you like. You can paint or just stain it. but make sure sand the boards first so you can apply the paint or stain easier.
7. Investing in Skylight Tube
Nothing can beat the fruitfulness of natural daylight. It can light your room up without increasing your bill and it can feed your soul with new rejoice too. Instead of installing one or two LED lights in your bathroom, invest in a solar tube.
Unlike any traditional skylights that contribute to eye strain, glare, and heat in the home as the natural daylight passes through the glass window without being filtered, solar tube provides better daylight without heat and glare.
To install it above your bathroom, choose your best spot. Then, cut a hole on your ceiling and roof. After that, assemble the top and bottom of the tube. Lastly, Don’t forget to install the top and bottom portions of the tube before installing dome and diffuser lens.
6. Stencil Tile Floor idea
Feeling bored with your bathroom flooring? Then this stencil tile floor idea is my recommendation. It is straightforward and fast since you only need to apply the stencil over the existing tiles without removing them all.
First, make sure that the tiles and grouts are clean. The cleaner the tiles, the easier and faster the installation of the stencil tile will be.
Paint the tiles charcoal color. Let the paint dry before applying another coat. Once the second coat is dry, you can begin laying the stencil and painting the design. After you’re done, seal the painted floor using polyacrylic.
5. Cheap Master Bathroom Makeover by Just a touch of Gray
Sometimes, to make a new look in a bathroom you need a lot of work and time, However, it doesn’t always need to be expensive. Go grab an antique mirror in a flea market to provide a little bit classic touch to your modern bathroom.
You may also need to consider changing your current vanity. If that idea is “No-No for you, give it a handmade nest egg. Working with details will also improve your bathroom décor such as adding hyacinths in a clear vase to the corner of your bathroom vanity. These beautiful little flowers will definitely freshen up your bathroom.
4. Add More Decorative Accents by remodelaholic
One thing to get rid of the awful look of your bathroom is by adding new accessories like patterned curtain, a piece of art, and a rustic towel holder.
They may seem trivial, but they do change the nuance of your bathroom significantly. Look at the hexagonal accent tile that break down the bland backsplash and improve its look. And the curtain complements hexagonal accent harmonically with a same pattern.
3. Transforming your Bathroom Vanity with gel stain
If you think that your bathroom vanity is something that you don’t want to see, think again. It’s not that bad. You don’t even have to replace it with a new one just to get a more modern look which could end up making you broke.
Instead of splurging out on a new vanity, you can stain your existing vanity with gel stain which allows you to save more bucks. If you are interested in this idea, product installation is no-brainer and it can last for 2 years without leaving you any scratch. To kick it up a notch, you can replace your old knobs with more modern ones.
2. DIY Hand Towel Ring
Who says DIY project is grueling? This one is such a piece of cake instead. It’s a stylist yet easy-to-make hand towel ring idea. All you need to do is cutting a strip of leather for about 8” long, bend it in half, and then wrap around the metal ring. Secure the leather together using hot glue gun and Finally, nail it to the wall next to the vanity.
First, begin with installing white subway tiles as the backsplash and white beadboard for the rest of the wall area.
Next, add some geometric patterns to your floor in order to make your bathroom look more attractive. lastly, if your bathroom is a bit tiny, you might need to invest in white tiles.
So, Those are 10 modern bathroom ideas on a budget that you can try and be proud of. They are mostly affordable, but the result will make your bathroom look upgraded to a new level. I’m sorry if that’s too exaggerated.
That’s it, before you leave, share this post with anyone inside your close friend or family’s list. Come back again next time with more home or decorating ideas, and until that time. Thanks for reading.
Recommended Lists for You:
When you notice that the state of your house is nearly in chaos, making these DIY organization ideas will give you a lot of dollars worth new things at home. As space does matter for most of people, it seems to be a good and nice idea to organize your tiny and miniature stuffs in the right container and places. Most stationery is available in small size. It may help you get the answer on why you keep on missing your tiny yet important things when you want to do something related to paperwork and projects. For examples, you need to have a specific place for the paper clips, double tape, bookmarks, or else.
Indeed, when these tiny things got lost, you can still buy the new ones since it is quite affordable to have the newer ones instead of looking for the missing things. However when you keep on doing this kind of thing, you will hoard your house with these irrelevant things over and over again. Thus, you need to get to know these DIY organization ideas. It will give you another exciting experience you never had before.
When you have so many blankets since each of your family members can’t sleep without having their thick blanket with them, you can make your own DIY blanket ladder. You will be taught on how to make your own DIY blanket ladder. You will need the driftwood as the main material of this blanket ladder. After cutting some parts of the wood in the shape that you wish you would like better, you can start to paint this wood. Then you can choose whether you want to have three layers of four layers or how many layers based on your own preferences. If you wish to know the complete instruction, you can click this link in case you want to make your own blanket ladder.
Hacks for small space are highly needed by those people who have small space. As small space makes the vibe and ambiance of the house become suffocating and uncomfortable, you need to trick it by getting to know the hacks which can help you make the visual looks bigger and wider. No, it isn’t only about adding mirror to add the visual length of the space that you have. it is more about the hacks of the furniture or house utensils which can be double in the usage that people might not be aware of it.
One of the biggest problem occurred when having small space is the limited access of the people in dealing with the pantry. As pantry should have provided all kinds of food, tins, drinks, ingredients for cooking or baking, then it supposed to be the place where space isn’t the biggest matter. In contrast, you can’t change the size of the pantry when there is no more space left for it. However, these hacks for small space will guide you to have better way of living.
You will be taught on how to double the space for your pantry with tons of food and tins and everything around. When you have limited space for doing all of your laundry, you can transform it into a neat and totally well arranged pantry to stock up all of your food during the winter. This is really a good deal for whoever lacks the space for their pantry and ends up in their biggest disappointment. Thus, you can at least make your home to be a better place rather than reducing the food stock in your house for the upcoming winter. These organization hacks for small space would work up perfectly and completely for all of you. Check this link for more information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Have you ever imagined of organizing ideas using binder clips? Most people think that binder clips are only used for binders or papers. These binder clips will be used by the people especially students or college students to hold thick papers. For your information, binder clips are the new innovation for the people when it is related to the home improvement. Will these binder clips be used for taking care of the scattered papers every here and there? Nope. These binder clips can be placed everywhere based on the purpose it will be used for.
Organizing ideas using binder clips hasn’t been noticed by those packs of people since they haven’t heard or read about this article before. They might still use the old version organizing style such as using shelves which add another space at home to be taken up. Think about this. You have so many different chargers from your iPhone, iPad, and also Android which all have different chargers and cables. When all these cables are scattered in the table while you are working, what will happen? Those cables will tangle one another and it is quite annoying to tie them off. Besides, it takes time too.
Thus, the presence of these binder clips can be used to make these tables neat. You can just connect the edge of the charger into the binder clips and they will stay there for the rest of their time until you want to use them. This cheap and effortless way should have been tried at home though. Another idea is that you can use this as the roller of the earphones. As earphones have two different earpieces, you need to make sure that they won’t tangle altogether. It is because when they do, you will spend more time untangling it. You can find another 20 creative organizing ideas using binder clips by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.