A tiny living room can be a dead end for some people as they can do nothing due to the limited space. If you happen to have a small living room, chill! In this video, you’re going to find 10 ideas on how to optimize small living room so that it can be the best place for you to hang out in. As usual this idea is brought to you by simphome.com
10.Combine your Furniture Thoroughly
You might find it hard to get the best furniture that suits your tight living room well; something that is not only functional, but also aesthetics. Here are some tips to pick furniture items for your living room.
A. Go with a large sectional sofa and one or two compact chairs if your living room is in a compact space with one or two wide open sizes. You can also try an armless sectional and a plush ottoman.
B. The sofa will enable you to lounge when you are alone while the ottoman can make a great coffee table to put your popcorn on or an additional seat for more guests. To make it more appealing, you can add a few pillows that have the same patterns or colors as the curtains or ottoman to bring harmony to your limited space.
9.Uncover the Windows
Letting the natural light pass through the living room will make it look bigger and airier. Therefore, don’t go overboard with the window treatments.
If you want to accentuate your big windows as well as protecting you from the glare, you can go with curtains. Make sure that the curtains have the same color as the wall so that they flow into a single unit without any separation.
Don’t forget to pull back the curtains during the day so that your living room can get sufficient lighting.
8.Invest in A Huge Mirror
This is another convenient trick that you can use to make your small living space look visually bigger – a huge mirror.
A huge mirror has the ability to reflect lights and everything in front of it, making the room seem larger than it really is. Well, you can hire illusion to reverse your disadvantage though. Also, this add on will be beneficial for your guest trying to win their self-deprecating problem. However, I don’t recommend this idea if you constantly feel weird every time you stare your own reflection. Mainly in the middle of the night
7.Light Hues Always Work
Painting the wall black and investing in dark furniture will make a living room look elegant. For a small living room, however, dark hues will just make it look more cramped.
On the other hand, light hues like white or baby blue will make the room felt more open and roomier because they tend to reflect lights. Thus, paint the walls white and install big white tiles will be able to make your living room appear larger.
6. Use Multi-functional Furniture Items
A small living room might hinder you from putting many furniture items since they will gobble the room up and you’ll end up not having enough space to move through. If that’s the case, you can try getting multi functional furniture items.
One of the best choices is an ottoman featuring a hidden storage space. Not only for your bottom, you can use it as a coffee table for your snacks when watching Netflix. You can also ditch the tray to get an additional seat, and hide the clutter into the storage space of the ottoman so that your living room becomes clean and clutter-free.
5.Light the Living Room Up
As I’ve mentioned earlier, acquiring sufficient lighting is essential for a tiny living room. If your living room has plenty of windows, congratulations! But if it doesn’t, you can always use artificial lighting. They will just do in a pinch.
First, put a standing lamp next to an armchair or sofa, and second, install some recessed LED lights. Refurbished or brand new Lamp is no problem
4.Go with A Bigger Embellishment
Some people might think that an undersized living room requires small adornments and furniture items. It turns out that those itty-bitty accessories just take up the space without any particular order. So, why don’t you go bigger?
I know that it might sound odd, but don’t you think that one bigger adornment is better than a bunch of smaller ones? Just put a tall vase at the corner or a large painting on the wall. I assume, it would be more exciting.
3.Show What You Are Really Into
Don’t restrain yourself from showing who you really are and what you are keen on just because you have a compact living room. You can still impress your guests by decorating it based on your life style and hobbies.
If you are into beach, you can paint the ceiling and wall white. Add some baby blue or aquamarine items to embody the sea. Fluffy ivory rug can warm your feet up as well as conjuring up the image of the soft beach sand. To kick it up a notch, a coral crystal lighthangs above the coffee table.
2. Use Exposed-Leg Furniture
The idea of optimizing a small living room is to make it seem more spacious as well as looking awesome. And to make it happen, you need to expose any space available in it.
One of the simple ways to expose more space in your limited area is by placing an exposed-leg sofa or loveseat and some arm chairs. The exposed legs enable your eyes to browse empty space under your sofa. Other benefit, when your schedule call you to clean and sweep the floor, you don’t have to search a silly excuse first.
1.Making Shelves Near the Ceiling
Instead of purchasing a bulky shelf that takes up a lot of space, you can make some shelves right under your ceiling. It provides more space on the floor so that you can move through freely.
Besides, installing some shelves near the ceiling will draw the eyes upwards which makes the room appear a bit sized. The other good thing is you can make it yourself which means you can save more money as well as space.
So, That’s all the 10 ideas of how to optimize your compact living room.
Recommended Lists for You:
When you notice that the state of your house is nearly in chaos, making these DIY organization ideas will give you a lot of dollars worth new things at home. As space does matter for most of people, it seems to be a good and nice idea to organize your tiny and miniature stuffs in the right container and places. Most stationery is available in small size. It may help you get the answer on why you keep on missing your tiny yet important things when you want to do something related to paperwork and projects. For examples, you need to have a specific place for the paper clips, double tape, bookmarks, or else.
Indeed, when these tiny things got lost, you can still buy the new ones since it is quite affordable to have the newer ones instead of looking for the missing things. However when you keep on doing this kind of thing, you will hoard your house with these irrelevant things over and over again. Thus, you need to get to know these DIY organization ideas. It will give you another exciting experience you never had before.
When you have so many blankets since each of your family members can’t sleep without having their thick blanket with them, you can make your own DIY blanket ladder. You will be taught on how to make your own DIY blanket ladder. You will need the driftwood as the main material of this blanket ladder. After cutting some parts of the wood in the shape that you wish you would like better, you can start to paint this wood. Then you can choose whether you want to have three layers of four layers or how many layers based on your own preferences. If you wish to know the complete instruction, you can click this link in case you want to make your own blanket ladder.
Hacks for small space are highly needed by those people who have small space. As small space makes the vibe and ambiance of the house become suffocating and uncomfortable, you need to trick it by getting to know the hacks which can help you make the visual looks bigger and wider. No, it isn’t only about adding mirror to add the visual length of the space that you have. it is more about the hacks of the furniture or house utensils which can be double in the usage that people might not be aware of it.
One of the biggest problem occurred when having small space is the limited access of the people in dealing with the pantry. As pantry should have provided all kinds of food, tins, drinks, ingredients for cooking or baking, then it supposed to be the place where space isn’t the biggest matter. In contrast, you can’t change the size of the pantry when there is no more space left for it. However, these hacks for small space will guide you to have better way of living.
You will be taught on how to double the space for your pantry with tons of food and tins and everything around. When you have limited space for doing all of your laundry, you can transform it into a neat and totally well arranged pantry to stock up all of your food during the winter. This is really a good deal for whoever lacks the space for their pantry and ends up in their biggest disappointment. Thus, you can at least make your home to be a better place rather than reducing the food stock in your house for the upcoming winter. These organization hacks for small space would work up perfectly and completely for all of you. Check this link for more information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Have you ever imagined of organizing ideas using binder clips? Most people think that binder clips are only used for binders or papers. These binder clips will be used by the people especially students or college students to hold thick papers. For your information, binder clips are the new innovation for the people when it is related to the home improvement. Will these binder clips be used for taking care of the scattered papers every here and there? Nope. These binder clips can be placed everywhere based on the purpose it will be used for.
Organizing ideas using binder clips hasn’t been noticed by those packs of people since they haven’t heard or read about this article before. They might still use the old version organizing style such as using shelves which add another space at home to be taken up. Think about this. You have so many different chargers from your iPhone, iPad, and also Android which all have different chargers and cables. When all these cables are scattered in the table while you are working, what will happen? Those cables will tangle one another and it is quite annoying to tie them off. Besides, it takes time too.
Thus, the presence of these binder clips can be used to make these tables neat. You can just connect the edge of the charger into the binder clips and they will stay there for the rest of their time until you want to use them. This cheap and effortless way should have been tried at home though. Another idea is that you can use this as the roller of the earphones. As earphones have two different earpieces, you need to make sure that they won’t tangle altogether. It is because when they do, you will spend more time untangling it. You can find another 20 creative organizing ideas using binder clips by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!