People live in a limited space for some reasons. And, more than thousands of them have to deal with a small kitchen every day. If you are one of them, whatever the reason is, don’t let small space prevent you from working comfortably in your kitchen.
If you think your kitchen is getting boring and uncomfortable, and unfriendly, you can always revamp it. I am here for you for that reason. in this post, I am going to show you 10 DIY kitchen remodel ideas that will give new make up to your tiny kitchen. As always, this list is brought to you by simphome.com
10. Kitchen Remodel with Pallets
Are you dying for rustic look? Let’s turn your kitchen into a classic yet charming rustic kitchen by repurposing wooden pallets. Wooden pallets are different from new wood that is available at the hardware stores near you. They provide a perfect well-worn look which is a trademark of rustic style. However, more often than not they give us splinters. Therefore, sand them before you use them. Do it carefully because you only want to get rid of the splinters, not ruin their texture.
After sanding the pallets, coat the surface with non-toxic water-based sealer and sand it again gently. To make the pallets last longer, apply 2 or 3 layers of non-toxic furniture wax made out of beeswax and olive oil. It’s such a great recipe for any wood finish. Once you finished, you can make kitchen cabinets or drawers using these pallets. Or, use them to make new open shelves.
9. Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Style
If you have huge glass windows and glass doors, you’re lucky. They’re bonus in your small kitchen and you need to avail this opportunity to make your kitchen feel more comfortable and healthier. Natural light does make a kitchen airier, appear to be larger, and to turn them look more spacious, you can use white paint, and white subway tiles as a backsplash. Tile you chose will reflect natural lights from outside and that benefit allows you to use less electric power during the day.
You can change your cabinets’ doors with glass doors. Not only glasses, platers, mugs and cups, you can also use it to show off your favorite planter too. Hang three pendant lamps from the exposed beamed ceiling to illuminate your kitchen island and Done.
BTW, I like the three wooden stools standing by the kitchen island. It makes the all-white kitchen area more unique.
8. Under Cabinet Drawers
A common problem faced by a small kitchen owner is having insufficient place to store things up. Which make them end up cramming everything they have inside limited space cabinets. It’s upsetting. And if you bear same situation, look around because even awkward spots in your tiny kitchen like above or under cabinets could relieve your stress!
This idea for example. First, remove the toe kick. Make two or three simple drawers by nailing boards together, and lastly, add slides on both of the drawer’s sides. More detail inside description area. You’ll need it.
7. Rustic Kitchen Design Idea
Rustic look has never failed to impress everyone including myself. A well-worn furniture and interior choice blasts everyone in this kitchen to the past. And, if you are crazy about this kind of look, there are many things you can do to achieve it.
Start with – the lighting. Hang classic but simple pendant lights like those with brass or copper finish. Go to Pinterest if pendant light style in this photo is not your thing. And stay there although a DIY activity is not your favorite because you’ll probably find someone who already pin something cooler from Etsy.
And about ceiling. install tongue-and-grove ceiling planks that have authentic wood looks, because it will add warmth and classic nuance to your kitchen. Connect yourself to the past, because it could be the easiest way people remembers your name.
6. Kitchen Cabinet Remodel with Paint and Crown Molding
Refurbishing your kitchen does not have to make you spend a hefty amount of money. Even repainting the cabinets will create a much fresher look. Your kitchen will look as good as new with this idea. At least for few days.
And if you happen to have an awkward gap between your cabinets and ceiling, cover it. After that, paint a box that covers the gap with a same color as the cabinets so they will look like flowing and uniting with your old cabinet. To perfect it, add crown molding that will accentuate the whole cabinets structure.
5. A New Kitchen On Budget
Repainting your kitchen cabinets will spruce your kitchen up nearly instantly. However, slap new paint to a kitchen is not always easy task. If not done properly, your beloved cabinets will suffer the most. Here are some tips on repainting your cabinets so you can get a best result.
First of all, you need to prepare important tools like drop cloths, paint rollers, brushes, tape, sandpaper, mohair roller, and a self-leveling slow drying paint like Benjamin Moore’s Advance.
Once you are ready, remove all the cabinet doors and drawers after labeling them. I am sure, you don’t want to spend extra time to find appropriate doors for your cabinet after you finished your painting.
Next, clean all your cabinet surface and sand off the top coat of the cabinet frames and apply primer evenly using mohair roller. Use a primer that is close to your finish color. After that, use caulk to fill any caps and seems. Lastly, sand them lightly, and apply the finish. Repeat same steps to your cabinet’s doors.
4. Under sink Cabinet Organizer
Do you like cramming odds and ends under your sink just because it is a hidden place? Indeed, it is useful for the first time. but when it comes to find certain things such as sponges and soaps, you’ll have troubles. To end this perpetual plight, get some baskets, store your soaps and detergents based on their functions or types, and browse simphome.com for more kitchen organizing ideas you need. In case you want more.
3. Hanging Shelf Organizer
Storing tiny things along with bigger ones can trigger a new problem. You will find it hard to get a tiny bottle of food coloring you need because you’ll have to unload everything already inside your cabinet first. My offer, get view hanging shelf organizers you can get less than a hundred dollar from Amazon.
Just imagine! You can now cut your lovely containers off from their lids. And when you need to use them, you don’t have to burn your valuable time unnecessarily.
2. Trash Bag Holder
With this popular idea, you can have one or two trash bag holders under your kitchen sink. The photo makes the DIY becomes self-explanatory. And if you want to save your energy for something else you can get a $9 wall mount holder from Amazon that will work the same as this idea. In fact, with this item you can have a hanging trash bag holder under your cabinet.
1. Recipe Organization
Reading cooking magazines and finding lots of recipes are thrilling. But finding your favorite recipe you want sometimes is not always easy. To overcome that trouble, cut your dearest recipe off from your magazines or internet and attach it to a piece of paper. Now here is the stinker. How will you find the recipe you want quickly among other favorite recipes you already compiled?
Easy! Stack them in a recipe binder and categorize them by types such as appetizers, soups, salads, etc.
Lastly, Cramp those recipes inside a cute paper box and store that box on your worktop or inside your cabinet.
That’s all my 10 DIY kitchen remodel for small kitchen ideas. If you don’t like any of them, give this blog more chances to change, I’ll experiment with more ideas that I hope, will eventually, lead your property to a new level.
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.