There are less people who interested to use steampunk home décor as it is not really popular today. However for you who really use this design, you might find it really interesting since it will make your house atmosphere feel unique. The use of Victorian era design with addition of industrial items will make the perfect steampunk style you want. Here are some items which you can use to make the perfect steampunk style inside your home.
Things You Should Add to Create Steampunk Home Décor
1. Old industrial map and terrestrial globe
No alcoholic drinks photos included in this posts
2. Brick wall
Another signature for this style is the use of brick wall inside the room, so you can try to have it if you can. But if your home structure is mostly made from wood then you can easily apply wallpapers on it.
3. Classic old hats
We all know that steampunk design is used long time ago when people still use top hats as well as bowler. To add the classic feeling in that era you can also try to put it in your room even though you are not really using it for real. Just hang them on a hook in the wall or on the coat hanger to capture the feeling.
4. Old sewing table
Another industrial item which popular in Victorian era is the sewing table. That is why you must have it as your steampunk home décor item. Try to dig it from your grandmother house or you can also get one from your local antique store.
5. Old steamer trunk
If you have an old steamer trunk on your warehouse, then why not use it as a table in your living room. You can also use any of your old suitcases if you want.
No Alcoholic drinks for sure
6. Framed herbariums
If you enjoy making DIY steampunk home décor then this is the project you can take. Use any of your local plantations to make the specimen. But if you feel lazy then you can easily take pages from herbarium book to frame.
7. Black and white Picture
As other people surely everyone love to have their picture on the wall, and in the old Victorian era they use black and white picture as at that time they does not have colored picture. That is why you can also try to use old picture as your steampunk home décor wall accessory or if you want to use your own family picture then you can try to print it in sepia filter.
8. Refurbish style furniture
For the furniture, you actually do not need to use new furniture at all and just refurbish your old furniture to get the perfect look. However if you does not have old furniture to refurbish then there are some new furniture with refurbish finishing to get the old look. Of course if you really want to buy new furniture, then Victorian style furniture should also be added in your steampunk home décor.
Conclusion on Designing Your Home with Steampunk Style
Gear is the key item on steampunk style that you must use on the items you use as home décor no matter what if you really want to capture the feeling. Most common item that has gear on the design is wall clock but actually there are other items which has gear on the design if you look long enough.
Using leather as your steampunk home décor material is essential. Not only it looked beautiful but it will also add luxury feeling inside your house. For this you can use leather sofa as the most common leather furniture which you can easily get anywhere as well, surely it will add some comfort in your room. Then to create some contrast with the other material that you use and add lace along with your leather material. Lace often used by the ladies in the Victorian era not only in their clothing but also in their home. So you can add lace detail on your home items whenever necessary.
Another steampunk home décor that you must apply is the Victorian pattern, as it is able to really capture both of the Victorian and steampunk feeling. Use it on your wallpaper or anywhere you want. For the colors the one that you should use is neutral color in muted tone. Colors such as dark green, brown, cream, sepia, dark red and black are the one suitable for this style. Of course for the industrial items you can use old metal colors such as chrome.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.