There are less people who interested to use steampunk home décor as it is not really popular today. However for you who really use this design, you might find it really interesting since it will make your house atmosphere feel unique. The use of Victorian era design with addition of industrial items will make the perfect steampunk style you want. Here are some items which you can use to make the perfect steampunk style inside your home.
Things You Should Add to Create Steampunk Home Décor
1. Old industrial map and terrestrial globe
No alcoholic drinks photos included in this posts
2. Brick wall
Another signature for this style is the use of brick wall inside the room, so you can try to have it if you can. But if your home structure is mostly made from wood then you can easily apply wallpapers on it.
3. Classic old hats
We all know that steampunk design is used long time ago when people still use top hats as well as bowler. To add the classic feeling in that era you can also try to put it in your room even though you are not really using it for real. Just hang them on a hook in the wall or on the coat hanger to capture the feeling.
4. Old sewing table
Another industrial item which popular in Victorian era is the sewing table. That is why you must have it as your steampunk home décor item. Try to dig it from your grandmother house or you can also get one from your local antique store.
5. Old steamer trunk
If you have an old steamer trunk on your warehouse, then why not use it as a table in your living room. You can also use any of your old suitcases if you want.
No Alcoholic drinks for sure
6. Framed herbariums
If you enjoy making DIY steampunk home décor then this is the project you can take. Use any of your local plantations to make the specimen. But if you feel lazy then you can easily take pages from herbarium book to frame.
7. Black and white Picture
As other people surely everyone love to have their picture on the wall, and in the old Victorian era they use black and white picture as at that time they does not have colored picture. That is why you can also try to use old picture as your steampunk home décor wall accessory or if you want to use your own family picture then you can try to print it in sepia filter.
8. Refurbish style furniture
For the furniture, you actually do not need to use new furniture at all and just refurbish your old furniture to get the perfect look. However if you does not have old furniture to refurbish then there are some new furniture with refurbish finishing to get the old look. Of course if you really want to buy new furniture, then Victorian style furniture should also be added in your steampunk home décor.
Conclusion on Designing Your Home with Steampunk Style
Gear is the key item on steampunk style that you must use on the items you use as home décor no matter what if you really want to capture the feeling. Most common item that has gear on the design is wall clock but actually there are other items which has gear on the design if you look long enough.
Using leather as your steampunk home décor material is essential. Not only it looked beautiful but it will also add luxury feeling inside your house. For this you can use leather sofa as the most common leather furniture which you can easily get anywhere as well, surely it will add some comfort in your room. Then to create some contrast with the other material that you use and add lace along with your leather material. Lace often used by the ladies in the Victorian era not only in their clothing but also in their home. So you can add lace detail on your home items whenever necessary.
Another steampunk home décor that you must apply is the Victorian pattern, as it is able to really capture both of the Victorian and steampunk feeling. Use it on your wallpaper or anywhere you want. For the colors the one that you should use is neutral color in muted tone. Colors such as dark green, brown, cream, sepia, dark red and black are the one suitable for this style. Of course for the industrial items you can use old metal colors such as chrome.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.