Southern living is very popular these days especially since they have very elegant way of living. Especially their colonial classic housing with a lot of plantation surrounds them which make their living style gorgeous and also healthy. That is why a lot of modern houses also try to adapt their architecture and interior design to the new build house. And if you want to try this style in your house, then you might want to use the southern home décor as well. From the country classic to the eclectic style can be achieve by using this home accessories, here are some items that you could use.
Southern Home Décor Inspired Items to Achieve the Southern Lifestyle
First you need to apply light colors to your house, especially when you want to repaint your room wall. The color that you use should be representing southern living such as cream, pale green, beige, light peach, pale blue, and of course the classic white color. This color would be the perfect background or accent of your decoration; this is why tried to use the color carefully. You can also paint the wall with several color for example cream or white color on most of the wall while pale blue or pale green can be used for focal point color on one of the wall. But of course if you think using all blue or green color is not too much, then you are also allowed to do so. (via foxhollowcottage)
2. Throw pillow
Next is to change the appearance of your sofa to be more southern by adding a lot of throw pillows in southern style pattern. If you could find classic flower pillow cover it is the best, but if not then you can also use other floral pattern. Using classic geometry pattern with suitable southern home décor color is also allowed. And if you do not want to use all flower patterns then you can also mix it with plain pillow with light colors that match with the room color. This pillows pattern could also be used on your bedroom if you want to achieve the same feeling inside your bedroom, you will also get extra comfort from the pillows if you do so. (via southernliving)
3. Wicker furniture
Southern lifestyle love to use natural material, which is why you must use some wicker furniture around the house. Most of the time people only use wicker furniture for their patio furniture and pool side furniture, but actually you should not limit them only for outdoor southern home décor. Instead you can also incorporate some of them inside your house. Try to use wicker sofa for your living room, but if you think it is too much then use wicker coffee table instead. You can also use wicker chair as your dining room chair which will give warm and comfortable feeling inside your dining room. (via southernspaandpatio)
4. Tableware décor
Southern bell love their tableware so much, that is why you will see it everywhere around the house. You can also use your tableware as southern home décor, even though you do not have vintage tableware but any tableware will do including those China you had in your cabinet. Display them along the wall or if you think it is too much you can also put them in an open cupboard for everyone to see. You can display them not only in your dining room or kitchen, but also on your living room or bedroom. (via hometalk)
Southern living always tries to get closer to the nature, which is why their house is open and always surrounded by large plantation area. Not only on their outdoor area, but they also try to bring the plantation inside their house as well. That is why for our last must have southern home décor, you have to use several plantation inside your house. Put several indoor plantation around the room if possible but if you think it is too much then you can also bring fresh flowers in vase as decoration. You need to put them around the house by hanging them near the window, put them around the corner, or even hung them inside your bathroom. (via americaunderwater)
Tips in Creating Southern Lifestyle around the House
If you want to use this southern style inside your house, you should think of a way to insert all natural things as your southern home décor. Fabric and other material should be light and natural so you could use light cotton as the fabric, wood should also be used as other material for example for the flooring and furniture. Natural window blind is also recommended as the tropical area where this lifestyle is originates has strong sunlight so they need window blind to limit strong heat from coming in but still allow enough sunlight to keep the room well lighted.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having small bathroom and also bedroom needn’t no worries since there are some space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you can use! When others are busily thinking on how to expand the size of those rooms, you can simply make yourself busy in beautifying the house in “almost” no time and no cost. The point of these 10 creative ideas is to make sure that small size can still have loads of meaning. They can still have bedroom and also bathroom that are clean, neat, and also tidy.
Here I am going to leak some of those space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom for all of you. When you need more space to hang your jacket and coat but there is no, the room can turn to be a whole mess. Thus, you need specific place to hang it. What you will need is not going to be much since it takes most of those essential things you have already had at home. When you need places to hang jackets, you can create your own DIY organizer by using some hangers. It needs no cost and no time to make it done.
Piles of books can also turn your bedroom into a mess when you aren’t capable of making it neater. You need to do something to make your own bookshelf. Although you might not a handyman or craftsman, you can still do it on your own way and style. What you will need is only a pallet and you need to prepare nails, saw, and also hammer. This is the easiest and the most effective way to create bookshelf based on the size that you need. Keep on reading if you want to know eight other inspiring ideas about space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you have never expected to exist! Click here/hyperlink to get more information!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Small bedroom decorating ideas are a list of those inspiring ideas related to how to decorate a small bedroom that you have in a nice and pleasing way. Having limited space of the bedroom doesn’t always guarantee that you will have cramped and also uncomfortable. It doesn’t always go the same way though. In fact, half of the total population who have limited space can still enjoy it and even they can find comfort from what they have. What people need to keep in mind is that efficiency is the key of everything. Whatever you are going to do can be solved when you pay attention about the efficiency.
Apparently, there are some ways that people can do in order to transform the whole bedroom into a cozy and comfortable place. When you have changed the entire look of your bedroom, you can compare the before and after process and which one you like better. Here is the complete guide about the 10 methods of how to decorate your small bedroom to be more appealing and also more attractive. What do these small bedroom decorating ideas provide? Of course you will be able to store those tiny stuffs that you have. There is one way that you can do to overcome this. It is by making corner shelves.
Corner shelves can be installed in your small bedroom since it can manage to hold some books, flower pots, photo framers, toys figurines, miniatures items, and many more. You can even make it by yourself based on the size that you would like to have, the color, the material, and even the place that you wish you could hang it in. Most of the time, people put too much attention on how to buy expensive things to improve the value of their bedroom, in fact something beautiful doesn’t have to be expensive as long as you know what to do. Thus, for more information you can click this link for the complete methods in decorating include shabby.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.