Southern living is very popular these days especially since they have very elegant way of living. Especially their colonial classic housing with a lot of plantation surrounds them which make their living style gorgeous and also healthy. That is why a lot of modern houses also try to adapt their architecture and interior design to the new build house. And if you want to try this style in your house, then you might want to use the southern home décor as well. From the country classic to the eclectic style can be achieve by using this home accessories, here are some items that you could use.
Southern Home Décor Inspired Items to Achieve the Southern Lifestyle
First you need to apply light colors to your house, especially when you want to repaint your room wall. The color that you use should be representing southern living such as cream, pale green, beige, light peach, pale blue, and of course the classic white color. This color would be the perfect background or accent of your decoration; this is why tried to use the color carefully. You can also paint the wall with several color for example cream or white color on most of the wall while pale blue or pale green can be used for focal point color on one of the wall. But of course if you think using all blue or green color is not too much, then you are also allowed to do so. (via foxhollowcottage)
2. Throw pillow
Next is to change the appearance of your sofa to be more southern by adding a lot of throw pillows in southern style pattern. If you could find classic flower pillow cover it is the best, but if not then you can also use other floral pattern. Using classic geometry pattern with suitable southern home décor color is also allowed. And if you do not want to use all flower patterns then you can also mix it with plain pillow with light colors that match with the room color. This pillows pattern could also be used on your bedroom if you want to achieve the same feeling inside your bedroom, you will also get extra comfort from the pillows if you do so. (via southernliving)
3. Wicker furniture
Southern lifestyle love to use natural material, which is why you must use some wicker furniture around the house. Most of the time people only use wicker furniture for their patio furniture and pool side furniture, but actually you should not limit them only for outdoor southern home décor. Instead you can also incorporate some of them inside your house. Try to use wicker sofa for your living room, but if you think it is too much then use wicker coffee table instead. You can also use wicker chair as your dining room chair which will give warm and comfortable feeling inside your dining room. (via southernspaandpatio)
4. Tableware décor
Southern bell love their tableware so much, that is why you will see it everywhere around the house. You can also use your tableware as southern home décor, even though you do not have vintage tableware but any tableware will do including those China you had in your cabinet. Display them along the wall or if you think it is too much you can also put them in an open cupboard for everyone to see. You can display them not only in your dining room or kitchen, but also on your living room or bedroom. (via hometalk)
Southern living always tries to get closer to the nature, which is why their house is open and always surrounded by large plantation area. Not only on their outdoor area, but they also try to bring the plantation inside their house as well. That is why for our last must have southern home décor, you have to use several plantation inside your house. Put several indoor plantation around the room if possible but if you think it is too much then you can also bring fresh flowers in vase as decoration. You need to put them around the house by hanging them near the window, put them around the corner, or even hung them inside your bathroom. (via americaunderwater)
Tips in Creating Southern Lifestyle around the House
If you want to use this southern style inside your house, you should think of a way to insert all natural things as your southern home décor. Fabric and other material should be light and natural so you could use light cotton as the fabric, wood should also be used as other material for example for the flooring and furniture. Natural window blind is also recommended as the tropical area where this lifestyle is originates has strong sunlight so they need window blind to limit strong heat from coming in but still allow enough sunlight to keep the room well lighted.
Recommended Lists for You:
When people underestimate the influence of those simple bedroom decorating tricks, well, they will lose the opportunity to improve the visual look of their bedroom. Believe it or not, bedroom should have been decorated not only to make the bedroom becomes something to be boasted off but also to make the bedroom becomes such a worth place to spend the rest of the night there. Bedroom will be bedroom but because of some special touches, the bedroom would stand out from the common things out there.
If people refer bedroom as the only place to sleep, then there must be something wrong with their bedroom. A bedroom should mean more than that. Most of people spend most of their time in their bedroom after working in the office. You need to make the ambiance to be more relaxing, heartwarming, pleasing, and also comforting at the same time. This isn’t too much for a bedroom to provide since it will always be its right to be so, is it? You need to know those small bedroom improvement tricks to have more ideas on decorating and upgrade your bedroom.
What do these improvement or decorating tricks consist of? These decorating tricks include the placement of some flowers at home, the addition of white candles or aromatherapy candle, and many more things to know. You will find all the answers you need by having the right source of information. Some other people have found their own way to decorate their bedroom and you should do the same thing as well. There won’t be no other time for you to skip this big chance. Think about starting it up now or never having the idea about it. You can decide now whether you will deal with the boring bedroom all the time or the functional and relaxing bedroom. When you choose the second, you can click the button below to get the complete information.100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Cheap bathroom makeover ideas are those inspiring and amazing ideas that you need to have in order to have the complete transformation of a bathroom. Why bother doing the makeover? Yes, it is such a good question. It doesn’t matter how perfect and how flawless your bathroom will be, when someone has finished taking a shower, most of the area will be wet and it will be imperfect and flawed. Then those bathroom changing processes would end up in waste. In fact, when you have bigger space of bathroom and you want to make it looks a bit prettier than before, the idea of having your bathroom in makeover should be on your consideration list.
Cheap bathroom makeover ideas will surely give you different touch from your previous bathroom. When the top of your toilet has nothing on it, you can add some decorative pots that consist of flowers there. Although it does not have a lot of benefits to gain yet you will make these decorative pots with flowers as the center point of the bathroom for whoever comes to the bathroom. There are a lot of people who put decorative wall hangings in their bathroom too. It is aimed to give color and accent even to their bathroom.
Another decorative and simple in effortless way to do the bathroom makeover is by adding stairs. The presence of the stairs is to add beautiful value for the entire bathroom. This stairs can be used to hang the wire basket, the wet towel that you have just used, decorative wreath, and many more. You can even have your own decorative things, or shelves, or anything that pleases you. When you still need other information related to the cheap bathroom makeover, you can directly click this link for more information.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Subscribe Our Newsletter and Follow Our Update !