Southern living is very popular these days especially since they have very elegant way of living. Especially their colonial classic housing with a lot of plantation surrounds them which make their living style gorgeous and also healthy. That is why a lot of modern houses also try to adapt their architecture and interior design to the new build house. And if you want to try this style in your house, then you might want to use the southern home décor as well. From the country classic to the eclectic style can be achieve by using this home accessories, here are some items that you could use.
Southern Home Décor Inspired Items to Achieve the Southern Lifestyle
First you need to apply light colors to your house, especially when you want to repaint your room wall. The color that you use should be representing southern living such as cream, pale green, beige, light peach, pale blue, and of course the classic white color. This color would be the perfect background or accent of your decoration; this is why tried to use the color carefully. You can also paint the wall with several color for example cream or white color on most of the wall while pale blue or pale green can be used for focal point color on one of the wall. But of course if you think using all blue or green color is not too much, then you are also allowed to do so. (via foxhollowcottage)
2. Throw pillow
Next is to change the appearance of your sofa to be more southern by adding a lot of throw pillows in southern style pattern. If you could find classic flower pillow cover it is the best, but if not then you can also use other floral pattern. Using classic geometry pattern with suitable southern home décor color is also allowed. And if you do not want to use all flower patterns then you can also mix it with plain pillow with light colors that match with the room color. This pillows pattern could also be used on your bedroom if you want to achieve the same feeling inside your bedroom, you will also get extra comfort from the pillows if you do so. (via southernliving)
3. Wicker furniture
Southern lifestyle love to use natural material, which is why you must use some wicker furniture around the house. Most of the time people only use wicker furniture for their patio furniture and pool side furniture, but actually you should not limit them only for outdoor southern home décor. Instead you can also incorporate some of them inside your house. Try to use wicker sofa for your living room, but if you think it is too much then use wicker coffee table instead. You can also use wicker chair as your dining room chair which will give warm and comfortable feeling inside your dining room. (via southernspaandpatio)
4. Tableware décor
Southern bell love their tableware so much, that is why you will see it everywhere around the house. You can also use your tableware as southern home décor, even though you do not have vintage tableware but any tableware will do including those China you had in your cabinet. Display them along the wall or if you think it is too much you can also put them in an open cupboard for everyone to see. You can display them not only in your dining room or kitchen, but also on your living room or bedroom. (via hometalk)
Southern living always tries to get closer to the nature, which is why their house is open and always surrounded by large plantation area. Not only on their outdoor area, but they also try to bring the plantation inside their house as well. That is why for our last must have southern home décor, you have to use several plantation inside your house. Put several indoor plantation around the room if possible but if you think it is too much then you can also bring fresh flowers in vase as decoration. You need to put them around the house by hanging them near the window, put them around the corner, or even hung them inside your bathroom. (via americaunderwater)
Tips in Creating Southern Lifestyle around the House
If you want to use this southern style inside your house, you should think of a way to insert all natural things as your southern home décor. Fabric and other material should be light and natural so you could use light cotton as the fabric, wood should also be used as other material for example for the flooring and furniture. Natural window blind is also recommended as the tropical area where this lifestyle is originates has strong sunlight so they need window blind to limit strong heat from coming in but still allow enough sunlight to keep the room well lighted.
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.