For some people, kitchen is one of the best places to blow off steam as it allows them to cook some delectable foods and try out some new recipes. However, small space might make them – or even you – feel uncomfortable. Besides, it will also jeopardize your creativity and good mood. In this post, I am going to show you 10 wall-mounted ideas for your kitchen that will help you optimize the available space as well as accentuating the dull wall so it can boost your mood. As usual, this list is brought to you by simphome.com.
10. Black Matte Wall-Mounted Rack
This pantry is so tiny that you can’t store your kitchen utensils here without cramming them all. The best way to organize both the kitchen utensils and spices is by making some wall-mounted racks, just like what you can see here.
The spices are stored in open shelves at the corner of the pantry, separated from the kitchen utensils. It will help you find the spices that you are going to add to your meal in no time.
The kitchen utensils are hung on three bars hanging on the black matte wall from the floor to ceiling. The S-hooks make a steady line on each bar, holding the pans and pots in place. Painting the bars the same colour as the wall can make a great camouflage, making the kitchen utensils appear to be floating.
9. Stainless Steel Wall-Mounted Rack
These stainless-steel racks are what the real space-saving is all about. Instead of investing in some wall-mounted cabinets that make your small kitchen look more cramped, you’d better install some stainless-steel storage racks.
You can begin with two or three single bars to hang your spatulas. But don’t forget to add some S-hooks to hold them. For bigger things like frying pans and pots, you can install a wider rack right beneath the ceiling. Installing a magnetic knife rack near the countertop is also a great idea so you can grab them in a jiffy, but make sure you install it high enough so your kids won’t be able to reach the knives.
Many people store their spices in the cabinets by simply putting – or even cramming – them. And if you also do this thing in your kitchen, you know how hard it is to find just a single essential spice you need among the clutter inside the cabinets, don’t you?
Let’s try a better idea to store your spices. It’s a DIY spice rack. This spice rack features five open shelves that you can use to organize your spices. Don’t forget to install a thin wooden or stainless-steel bar in each shelf to prevent the spice containers from falling. And to provide more floor space, just hang the rack near the countertop so you can grab the spice you need easily.
7. White Racks with flute Glass Holder
Having one or two wall-mounted racks above a counter-top provides a significant change to your kitchen. It allows you to have more space to work on the counter-top. Therefore, if you have to deal with the chores in your small kitchen every day, you’d better install wall-mounted racks above the counter-top to make it clutter-free.
This counter-top is clean and space-efficient, giving you a spacious top to work on. The author prefers putting bowls and microwave on the racks to the counter-top. With a same idea, you can have a new flute glass holder on the lower rack so there won’t be any mess on the counter-top. With a clean and tidy counter-top like this, slaving over a hot stove will be less tense now.
06. Fruit and Veggie Holders
Storing fruits and vegetables in a fridge is a traditional idea. But, where should you store them if your fridge is full already? You might think that you will just put them on a tray or in a wire basket, and leave them on the countertop. That’s quite practical. But have you ever tried to hang wire baskets on the wall?
Hanging wire baskets on the wall will allow you to work comfortably on the countertop. Besides, the colours of the vegetables and fruits provide natural piece of art on your plain wall.
05 Slim hanging floating rack idea
Are you bored with the mundane look of your kitchen’s wall? Let’s perk it up with this slim floating rack.
To make this rack, you are going to need some wooden planks. Make sure they are at the same length. Then, sand them all so they will look smooth and easy to stain. Connect all the planks using ropes or blind cords. Again, make sure the edges are equals. You can measure one or two inches from the edges to the centre before attaching the planks to the ropes.
Finally, you can hang the rack on the wall and add some S-hooks to hold small planters or your kitchen utensils.
04. Upcycling a File Holder
Who says that a file holder can only be used to keep your documents organized? You might be surprised with this mind-blowing upcycling idea especially if you are a novice in DIY.
Turn your file holder into a behind the door wall-mounted rack. You can hang it near the counter-top so you can get your spatula quickly. Also, hanging some colorful file holders would be nice as they can add pops of colours to your kitchen as well as keeping your clutter off your sight.
03. Wooden Pegboard idea
Harness the versatility of a pegboard and hang it on your kitchen’s wall. This pegboard provides an abundance of adjustable storage floating racks. You only need to insert some wooden dowels to the holes. Make sure that the dowels have the same width as the holes so they can fit in perfectly.
You can organize your kitchen utensils and spices at the same time. Just add some boards and glue them down to the dowels so you can have racks to put spices on.
02. A pretty Wall-Mounted Paper Towel Holder
A paper towel holder and spice rack? Why not? This paper towel holder can make a pretty good and multifunctional rack in your kitchen. With this initiative, you can reach your paper towel and spices easier. I hope. Besides, the modern design will jazz your modern kitchen up.
But if you want to get a cheaper one, you can always make one from a combination of used pallet wood and paper roll. Additional source.
01. Chalkboard Rack with Hooks
I know. This is not a wall-mounted rack for a kitchen, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t put it in your kitchen, right? This wall-mounted rack features chalkboard that enables you to write down a short message for your kids or husband or simple recipe. They will definitely read this message if you hang it near the fridge.
You can also store sauces, olive oil, and your go-to spices here so you can find them easily and quickly. It also features a few hooks that you can use to hang some kitchen utensils. That’s it.
Don’t let limited space conquer your kitchen’s function and style people. Most ideas you already learned are not only worth trying but also functional and stylish. They will make a pretty good centrepieces as well I bet.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!