Everybody loves living in a clean and comfy house, but a few enjoys the cleaning chores because no matter how hard they try to clean the house up, it remains quite the same. Are you cheesed off with these chores? Don’t you worry! In this video, you will find 10 homemade cleaner ideas that can clean up your house effectively without costing you a fortune. As always, this list is brought to you by simphome.com. Check this out!
10.Mind-Blowing Grout Cleaner
This is one of the most perpetual plights faced by many homeowners – dirty grouts. Grouts are prone to dirt as they are lower than the tiles. When you mop the floor, some of the dirt may be trapped on the grouts and, eventually, accumulated.
Surprisingly, you can eradicate the dirt by concocting some ingredients you find in your kitchen. Now, make a run to your kitchen and get baking soda, dish soap, and hydrogen peroxide.
Mix ½ cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide, and dish soap. Once they are all mixed together, apply some of the mixture onto the grouts. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then scrub and rinse them. Or you can simply sprinkle the baking soda onto the grouts, spray with hydrogen peroxide until it is wet. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before you scrub and rinse it.
9. Affordable Fabric Softener Recipe
Getting your clothes cleaned are easy, but softening them are bit tricky. Oftentimes the washing process can damage the fabric and make the clothes less comfortable. Try this affordable fabric softener that can make your clothes so soft that you want to curl up in them.
To make this fabric softener, you are going to need a 12 oz container of any hair conditioner of your choice, 1 ½ cups of distilled white vinegar, and 3 cups of warm water. You just need to mix them well using a whisk, and pour the mixture in a container.
8. DIY Disinfectant Spray All Purpose Cleaner
Being healthy is a must. Therefore, you should keep your health with the utmost care. And to do this, you can begin with the easiest as well as most essential one – hygiene.
One of the most convenient ways to get rid off germs and keep being hygienic is by using disinfectant. But some brands might be toxic. You don’t want to put your kids at risk, don’t you? Try a more natural one.
To make natural disinfectant, you will need a cup of water, a cup of white vinegar, 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol, 20 drops lemon essential oil, and 20 drops tea tree essential oil. You can also add some germ destroyer for stronger disinfectant.
Pour water and vinegar in a glass spray bottle. It has to be a glass bottle, not a plastic one as the essential oils can wreak havoc on it over time. Swirl the bottle a little bit to mix them.
In a small glass bowl, mix the rubbing alcohol and essential oils. Pour the mixture into the bottle containing water and vinegar. Screw on the lid and shake them well.
You can use it to clean your kitchen, bathroom, your kids’ toys, or even food. It is totally safe and edible. It is not meant to be eaten, though.
7. Homemade Citrus Cleaner
Many people think that orange peels are merely waste. Well, nothing could be further from the truth.
If you have an abundance of orange peels at home, don’t throw away them. You can make a powerful, yet cheap cleaner from them.
All you need to do is putting the peels in an airtight container. When the container is full, cover the peels with distilled white vinegar. Put the lid on and let them sit for about two weeks. The citrus cleaner is ready to use when the vinegar turns yellowish in colour and has a strong citrus odour. Strain the peels, and pour the cleaner in a spray bottle. You can dilute it with water if necessary by using 1:1 ratio.
6. Homemade Granite Cleaner
Making the granite countertop stay in its top-notch look can be pricey. But, don’t fret! You can still have a stunning countertop by using homemade granite cleaner.
Take a spray bottle (doesn’t have to buy new), fill it about 1/8th full with rubbing alcohol, add a drop of Dawn dishwashing soap, a few drops of scented oil, fill the rest of the way with water, shake it, and you’re good to go!
5. Homemade Glass Cleaner
Having clear glass windows is everyone’s dream. So, let’s make the dream come true with this simple and safe glass cleaner recipe.
Making this hack is solely a snap. You only need to mix ¼ cup of vinegar, 2 ½ cups of water, and ½ teaspoon liquid dish or hand soap. If you want to add unique and pleasing fragrant to the glass cleaner, you can add 5 drops lemongrass essential oil to the mixture.
Put all the ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake them well. Spray the mixture onto the glass surface, and wipe clean using a cloth. That’s Done. You will be amazed by the fantastic result. I Hope
4.Homemade Wood-Floor Cleaner
Wood floor can make a house look elegant and luxurious. However, cleaning it is not a breeze. You will have to find a cleaner that won’t damage the floor. Once you’ve found one, you will feel reluctant to buy it due to the price.
Instead of splurging out on pricey wood floor cleaner, you can make a cheap version by yourself? You will only need to mix ½ cup of vinegar, 1 tablespoon castile soap, ¼ cup rubbing alcohol, 2 cups warm water, and 15 drops essential oil of your choice for a pleasing aroma.
3.Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipe
Toilet bowl might be the most uninteresting thing at home. But you will be interested in trying this toilet bowl cleaner recipe because it can make your horrible and discoloured toilet bowl as good as new.
Mix a cup of white vinegar, a cup of water, a cup of borax, and 20 drops lemon essential oil. Boil the water and vinegar, add the borax and stir it well until it is completely dissolved. Set it aside to cool. When it is cool enough, add the lemon essential oil. Stir the mixture well.
Now you can apply the mixture to the entire surface of the toilet bowl evenly. You might want to use a toilet brush to do it. Leave it overnight. Then, scrub it using a toilet brush.
2. Homemade Jewellery Cleaner
Jewellery is prone to be discoloured over time. But you can use this natural jewellery cleaner to prettify it.
You will only need to add salt, baking soda, and dishwashing liquid into a bowl of hot water. Get a piece of aluminium foil, and place the jewellery on it. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it in cool water. Don’t forget to discard the solution after using it.
1. Homemade Shower Cleaner
Are you reluctant to linger over the shower time just because your shower is dirty? You’ve got to try this cleaner recipe.
Using microwave, heat up 1 or 2 cups of white vinegar placed in a spray plastic bottle until it is very warm. Pour 1 tablespoon of Dawn dish soap into the bottle and shake them well. Now you’re good to go.
Those are 10 DIY homemade cleaner ideas that you can try at home. They are super easy, yet eminently powerful. Besides, they are safe and can help you to save more bucks. Happy trying!
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Subscribe Our Newsletter and Follow Our Update !