Everybody loves living in a clean and comfy house, but a few enjoys the cleaning chores because no matter how hard they try to clean the house up, it remains quite the same. Are you cheesed off with these chores? Don’t you worry! In this video, you will find 10 homemade cleaner ideas that can clean up your house effectively without costing you a fortune. As always, this list is brought to you by simphome.com. Check this out!
10.Mind-Blowing Grout Cleaner
This is one of the most perpetual plights faced by many homeowners – dirty grouts. Grouts are prone to dirt as they are lower than the tiles. When you mop the floor, some of the dirt may be trapped on the grouts and, eventually, accumulated.
Surprisingly, you can eradicate the dirt by concocting some ingredients you find in your kitchen. Now, make a run to your kitchen and get baking soda, dish soap, and hydrogen peroxide.
Mix ½ cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide, and dish soap. Once they are all mixed together, apply some of the mixture onto the grouts. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then scrub and rinse them. Or you can simply sprinkle the baking soda onto the grouts, spray with hydrogen peroxide until it is wet. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before you scrub and rinse it.
9. Affordable Fabric Softener Recipe
Getting your clothes cleaned are easy, but softening them are bit tricky. Oftentimes the washing process can damage the fabric and make the clothes less comfortable. Try this affordable fabric softener that can make your clothes so soft that you want to curl up in them.
To make this fabric softener, you are going to need a 12 oz container of any hair conditioner of your choice, 1 ½ cups of distilled white vinegar, and 3 cups of warm water. You just need to mix them well using a whisk, and pour the mixture in a container.
8. DIY Disinfectant Spray All Purpose Cleaner
Being healthy is a must. Therefore, you should keep your health with the utmost care. And to do this, you can begin with the easiest as well as most essential one – hygiene.
One of the most convenient ways to get rid off germs and keep being hygienic is by using disinfectant. But some brands might be toxic. You don’t want to put your kids at risk, don’t you? Try a more natural one.
To make natural disinfectant, you will need a cup of water, a cup of white vinegar, 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol, 20 drops lemon essential oil, and 20 drops tea tree essential oil. You can also add some germ destroyer for stronger disinfectant.
Pour water and vinegar in a glass spray bottle. It has to be a glass bottle, not a plastic one as the essential oils can wreak havoc on it over time. Swirl the bottle a little bit to mix them.
In a small glass bowl, mix the rubbing alcohol and essential oils. Pour the mixture into the bottle containing water and vinegar. Screw on the lid and shake them well.
You can use it to clean your kitchen, bathroom, your kids’ toys, or even food. It is totally safe and edible. It is not meant to be eaten, though.
7. Homemade Citrus Cleaner
Many people think that orange peels are merely waste. Well, nothing could be further from the truth.
If you have an abundance of orange peels at home, don’t throw away them. You can make a powerful, yet cheap cleaner from them.
All you need to do is putting the peels in an airtight container. When the container is full, cover the peels with distilled white vinegar. Put the lid on and let them sit for about two weeks. The citrus cleaner is ready to use when the vinegar turns yellowish in colour and has a strong citrus odour. Strain the peels, and pour the cleaner in a spray bottle. You can dilute it with water if necessary by using 1:1 ratio.
6. Homemade Granite Cleaner
Making the granite countertop stay in its top-notch look can be pricey. But, don’t fret! You can still have a stunning countertop by using homemade granite cleaner.
Take a spray bottle (doesn’t have to buy new), fill it about 1/8th full with rubbing alcohol, add a drop of Dawn dishwashing soap, a few drops of scented oil, fill the rest of the way with water, shake it, and you’re good to go!
5. Homemade Glass Cleaner
Having clear glass windows is everyone’s dream. So, let’s make the dream come true with this simple and safe glass cleaner recipe.
Making this hack is solely a snap. You only need to mix ¼ cup of vinegar, 2 ½ cups of water, and ½ teaspoon liquid dish or hand soap. If you want to add unique and pleasing fragrant to the glass cleaner, you can add 5 drops lemongrass essential oil to the mixture.
Put all the ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake them well. Spray the mixture onto the glass surface, and wipe clean using a cloth. That’s Done. You will be amazed by the fantastic result. I Hope
4.Homemade Wood-Floor Cleaner
Wood floor can make a house look elegant and luxurious. However, cleaning it is not a breeze. You will have to find a cleaner that won’t damage the floor. Once you’ve found one, you will feel reluctant to buy it due to the price.
Instead of splurging out on pricey wood floor cleaner, you can make a cheap version by yourself? You will only need to mix ½ cup of vinegar, 1 tablespoon castile soap, ¼ cup rubbing alcohol, 2 cups warm water, and 15 drops essential oil of your choice for a pleasing aroma.
3.Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipe
Toilet bowl might be the most uninteresting thing at home. But you will be interested in trying this toilet bowl cleaner recipe because it can make your horrible and discoloured toilet bowl as good as new.
Mix a cup of white vinegar, a cup of water, a cup of borax, and 20 drops lemon essential oil. Boil the water and vinegar, add the borax and stir it well until it is completely dissolved. Set it aside to cool. When it is cool enough, add the lemon essential oil. Stir the mixture well.
Now you can apply the mixture to the entire surface of the toilet bowl evenly. You might want to use a toilet brush to do it. Leave it overnight. Then, scrub it using a toilet brush.
2. Homemade Jewellery Cleaner
Jewellery is prone to be discoloured over time. But you can use this natural jewellery cleaner to prettify it.
You will only need to add salt, baking soda, and dishwashing liquid into a bowl of hot water. Get a piece of aluminium foil, and place the jewellery on it. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it in cool water. Don’t forget to discard the solution after using it.
1. Homemade Shower Cleaner
Are you reluctant to linger over the shower time just because your shower is dirty? You’ve got to try this cleaner recipe.
Using microwave, heat up 1 or 2 cups of white vinegar placed in a spray plastic bottle until it is very warm. Pour 1 tablespoon of Dawn dish soap into the bottle and shake them well. Now you’re good to go.
Those are 10 DIY homemade cleaner ideas that you can try at home. They are super easy, yet eminently powerful. Besides, they are safe and can help you to save more bucks. Happy trying!
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.