For some people industrial building is like an art piece ready to be renew, which is why people start to use industrial home décor as their interior theme. Although usually this theme is applied on old barn, warehouse as well as other industrial building but now this style also takes storm towards house interior design. Especially since this style has unique detail which makes it really interesting such as industrial fixture and machinery. Rustic items and unfinished design really brings out the manufacturing and mechanical element to your house interior design. Let us start to transform your urban house to more stylish and trendy living quarters that you might love with this industrial style.
How to Use Industrial Home Décor for Your House Interior Design
1. Rustic metal
The industrial theme used a lot of iron and steel items which originated in the era where iron and steel are produced in the US and used all over the world. This is why to apply this style inside your house; you must use several rustic metal items around your house such as lighting fixture, rustic metal hardware on the furniture, plumbing for curtain and shelf, even old metal items and many others. Use brushed nickel, wrought iron, cast iron, copper and other rustic metal items as your industrial home décor. (via amazon, craftthyme, and home-designing)
2. Expose mechanic
On those rustic metal items that you use as industrial home décor some must have some mechanic inside. In industrial era mechanical items is very popular since people are curious on how the mechanic work to run the machine. That is why some of them are exposed so we could really see the mechanical system inside. Use this exposed mechanical items inside your house to really apply the unique theme inside your house. By using those items, it will really change the feeling of your house interior dramatically. (via qnave)
Concrete has been used as the industrial era structure a long time ago, that is why when people who want to apply industrial home décor theme inside their house build the building the first time, they tends to leave the concrete part of their house unfinished as decoration. Some also create concrete structure inside their house such as permanent shelving, bench, or table. But since they are all permanent sometimes it gives some trouble in the future. Luckily in our modern world there are a lot of items which inspired by those concrete structure so they are made with concrete but it is a portable items which you could move easily. Try to add several concrete accent items to your industrial house interior to give nice feeling for it such as table, bookshelf, vase, candle holder, and many others. (via homedit)
4. Choose your background
Since this industrial theme used to be use inside old barn, old warehouse and old industrial building they have unique background. That is why you also need to choose your background to match the real background that they have in the real building to your own house. Of course you do not need to build your house wall from scratch just to apply this style since there are faux wall finishing which you could apply to get the same appearance as that old buildings. Industrial home décor background that you could use is concrete wall, unfinished brick wall, and old barn wood wall. (via vintageindustrialstyle)
Lastly you must try to use industrial home décor furniture that suitable for this style. Most of the time the furniture would be made from wood and metal which unfinished or rustic. You can also use reclaimed furniture as one of your way to decorate your house with industrial theme. Leathers sofa also suitable for this theme as long as they have natural earth tone which could match well with the surrounding. Of course that does not mean you could not use modern furniture since you could still mix your modern piece with the old piece so they could blend together. (via smithe)
Tips in Using Industrial Theme inside Your House
Applying industrial theme inside your house is actually very easy. All you need to do is to think about raw and unfinished appearance and apply it inside your house. That also works when you choose items to put inside your house so try to choose items with rustic, unfinished or refurbish appearance to decorate your house. If you do not want the industrial feeling to be too heavy and take out your entire house you could still insert several modern pieces here and there but make sure that it is still suitable for the industrial theme. For example you should not put items with plastic material since it is not suitable with industrial theme but you can still use it if it has dark rustic metal faux finishing. So really just use your creativity when you want to use industrial home décor.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having small bathroom and also bedroom needn’t no worries since there are some space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you can use! When others are busily thinking on how to expand the size of those rooms, you can simply make yourself busy in beautifying the house in “almost” no time and no cost. The point of these 10 creative ideas is to make sure that small size can still have loads of meaning. They can still have bedroom and also bathroom that are clean, neat, and also tidy.
Here I am going to leak some of those space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom for all of you. When you need more space to hang your jacket and coat but there is no, the room can turn to be a whole mess. Thus, you need specific place to hang it. What you will need is not going to be much since it takes most of those essential things you have already had at home. When you need places to hang jackets, you can create your own DIY organizer by using some hangers. It needs no cost and no time to make it done.
Piles of books can also turn your bedroom into a mess when you aren’t capable of making it neater. You need to do something to make your own bookshelf. Although you might not a handyman or craftsman, you can still do it on your own way and style. What you will need is only a pallet and you need to prepare nails, saw, and also hammer. This is the easiest and the most effective way to create bookshelf based on the size that you need. Keep on reading if you want to know eight other inspiring ideas about space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you have never expected to exist! Click here/hyperlink to get more information!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Small bedroom decorating ideas are a list of those inspiring ideas related to how to decorate a small bedroom that you have in a nice and pleasing way. Having limited space of the bedroom doesn’t always guarantee that you will have cramped and also uncomfortable. It doesn’t always go the same way though. In fact, half of the total population who have limited space can still enjoy it and even they can find comfort from what they have. What people need to keep in mind is that efficiency is the key of everything. Whatever you are going to do can be solved when you pay attention about the efficiency.
Apparently, there are some ways that people can do in order to transform the whole bedroom into a cozy and comfortable place. When you have changed the entire look of your bedroom, you can compare the before and after process and which one you like better. Here is the complete guide about the 10 methods of how to decorate your small bedroom to be more appealing and also more attractive. What do these small bedroom decorating ideas provide? Of course you will be able to store those tiny stuffs that you have. There is one way that you can do to overcome this. It is by making corner shelves.
Corner shelves can be installed in your small bedroom since it can manage to hold some books, flower pots, photo framers, toys figurines, miniatures items, and many more. You can even make it by yourself based on the size that you would like to have, the color, the material, and even the place that you wish you could hang it in. Most of the time, people put too much attention on how to buy expensive things to improve the value of their bedroom, in fact something beautiful doesn’t have to be expensive as long as you know what to do. Thus, for more information you can click this link for the complete methods in decorating include shabby.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.