For some people industrial building is like an art piece ready to be renew, which is why people start to use industrial home décor as their interior theme. Although usually this theme is applied on old barn, warehouse as well as other industrial building but now this style also takes storm towards house interior design. Especially since this style has unique detail which makes it really interesting such as industrial fixture and machinery. Rustic items and unfinished design really brings out the manufacturing and mechanical element to your house interior design. Let us start to transform your urban house to more stylish and trendy living quarters that you might love with this industrial style.
How to Use Industrial Home Décor for Your House Interior Design
1. Rustic metal
The industrial theme used a lot of iron and steel items which originated in the era where iron and steel are produced in the US and used all over the world. This is why to apply this style inside your house; you must use several rustic metal items around your house such as lighting fixture, rustic metal hardware on the furniture, plumbing for curtain and shelf, even old metal items and many others. Use brushed nickel, wrought iron, cast iron, copper and other rustic metal items as your industrial home décor. (via amazon, craftthyme, and home-designing)
2. Expose mechanic
On those rustic metal items that you use as industrial home décor some must have some mechanic inside. In industrial era mechanical items is very popular since people are curious on how the mechanic work to run the machine. That is why some of them are exposed so we could really see the mechanical system inside. Use this exposed mechanical items inside your house to really apply the unique theme inside your house. By using those items, it will really change the feeling of your house interior dramatically. (via qnave)
Concrete has been used as the industrial era structure a long time ago, that is why when people who want to apply industrial home décor theme inside their house build the building the first time, they tends to leave the concrete part of their house unfinished as decoration. Some also create concrete structure inside their house such as permanent shelving, bench, or table. But since they are all permanent sometimes it gives some trouble in the future. Luckily in our modern world there are a lot of items which inspired by those concrete structure so they are made with concrete but it is a portable items which you could move easily. Try to add several concrete accent items to your industrial house interior to give nice feeling for it such as table, bookshelf, vase, candle holder, and many others. (via homedit)
4. Choose your background
Since this industrial theme used to be use inside old barn, old warehouse and old industrial building they have unique background. That is why you also need to choose your background to match the real background that they have in the real building to your own house. Of course you do not need to build your house wall from scratch just to apply this style since there are faux wall finishing which you could apply to get the same appearance as that old buildings. Industrial home décor background that you could use is concrete wall, unfinished brick wall, and old barn wood wall. (via vintageindustrialstyle)
Lastly you must try to use industrial home décor furniture that suitable for this style. Most of the time the furniture would be made from wood and metal which unfinished or rustic. You can also use reclaimed furniture as one of your way to decorate your house with industrial theme. Leathers sofa also suitable for this theme as long as they have natural earth tone which could match well with the surrounding. Of course that does not mean you could not use modern furniture since you could still mix your modern piece with the old piece so they could blend together. (via smithe)
Tips in Using Industrial Theme inside Your House
Applying industrial theme inside your house is actually very easy. All you need to do is to think about raw and unfinished appearance and apply it inside your house. That also works when you choose items to put inside your house so try to choose items with rustic, unfinished or refurbish appearance to decorate your house. If you do not want the industrial feeling to be too heavy and take out your entire house you could still insert several modern pieces here and there but make sure that it is still suitable for the industrial theme. For example you should not put items with plastic material since it is not suitable with industrial theme but you can still use it if it has dark rustic metal faux finishing. So really just use your creativity when you want to use industrial home décor.
Recommended Lists for You:
When people underestimate the influence of those simple bedroom decorating tricks, well, they will lose the opportunity to improve the visual look of their bedroom. Believe it or not, bedroom should have been decorated not only to make the bedroom becomes something to be boasted off but also to make the bedroom becomes such a worth place to spend the rest of the night there. Bedroom will be bedroom but because of some special touches, the bedroom would stand out from the common things out there.
If people refer bedroom as the only place to sleep, then there must be something wrong with their bedroom. A bedroom should mean more than that. Most of people spend most of their time in their bedroom after working in the office. You need to make the ambiance to be more relaxing, heartwarming, pleasing, and also comforting at the same time. This isn’t too much for a bedroom to provide since it will always be its right to be so, is it? You need to know those small bedroom improvement tricks to have more ideas on decorating and upgrade your bedroom.
What do these improvement or decorating tricks consist of? These decorating tricks include the placement of some flowers at home, the addition of white candles or aromatherapy candle, and many more things to know. You will find all the answers you need by having the right source of information. Some other people have found their own way to decorate their bedroom and you should do the same thing as well. There won’t be no other time for you to skip this big chance. Think about starting it up now or never having the idea about it. You can decide now whether you will deal with the boring bedroom all the time or the functional and relaxing bedroom. When you choose the second, you can click the button below to get the complete information.100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Cheap bathroom makeover ideas are those inspiring and amazing ideas that you need to have in order to have the complete transformation of a bathroom. Why bother doing the makeover? Yes, it is such a good question. It doesn’t matter how perfect and how flawless your bathroom will be, when someone has finished taking a shower, most of the area will be wet and it will be imperfect and flawed. Then those bathroom changing processes would end up in waste. In fact, when you have bigger space of bathroom and you want to make it looks a bit prettier than before, the idea of having your bathroom in makeover should be on your consideration list.
Cheap bathroom makeover ideas will surely give you different touch from your previous bathroom. When the top of your toilet has nothing on it, you can add some decorative pots that consist of flowers there. Although it does not have a lot of benefits to gain yet you will make these decorative pots with flowers as the center point of the bathroom for whoever comes to the bathroom. There are a lot of people who put decorative wall hangings in their bathroom too. It is aimed to give color and accent even to their bathroom.
Another decorative and simple in effortless way to do the bathroom makeover is by adding stairs. The presence of the stairs is to add beautiful value for the entire bathroom. This stairs can be used to hang the wire basket, the wet towel that you have just used, decorative wreath, and many more. You can even have your own decorative things, or shelves, or anything that pleases you. When you still need other information related to the cheap bathroom makeover, you can directly click this link for more information.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.