One of the most favorite storage organizers is shelves. They are relatively inexpensive and DIY-friendly. No wonder they have cornered the market for so long. And now, more and more homeowners take these storage organizers to the next level by making them look extraordinary and unique.
If you are looking for something that can make things at your home stay organized as well as decorating the interior, check out these 10 DIY shelf organizer ideas. As always this ideas are compiled for you by simphome.com
10. Put On Labels
Installing open shelves in a kitchen is better than having bulky cabinets. The shelves will enable you to grab the ingredients you need when cooking and put them back more easily and quickly, which saves more time. And what makes them better is they don’t gobble up the space.
Do you often mistake sugar for flour that you put on the shelf? It seems trivial, but can lead to a big trouble. You can solve this problem by putting on a label on each jar so you won’t do the same mistake anymore. Besides, the labels can improve the look of your shelf and kitchen, making them look tidier.
9. Wooden Crate Shoe Shelf
Don’t see waste as a useless thing that you need to get rid of as soon as possible. It can turn into fruitful shelves that you can use to store almost anything in your home. Now roll up your sleeves because you’re going to make the shelves this weekend.
Before making the shelves, you need to get 6 wooden crates. If you already have them, good for you! You can save more time and money.
First, get 6 wooden crates, 4 3” swivel caster rubber wheels, small wood screws, and some other tools. Then, sand the surface of the crates so you can stain or paint them more easily. After that, screw the crates together and install the casters to the bottom. If you want the shelves to look rustic, sand them using a sanding block and some steel wools.
8. Simple Shelf Dividers
Storing trays and cookie sheets vertically can help you save more space comparing to stacking them up. Besides, it will make your shelf or cabinet look tidier. Instead of getting some shelf-dividers that might not suit your shelf and budget, try to make one yourself.
To do this easy project, get some poplar boards, lauan plywood, and brad nails. First, you’re going to need to install the poplar boards at the top and bottom of your shelf or cabinet using brad nails until it’s fully covered. Don’t forget to make a few millimeters gap between the poplar boards to insert the lauan plywood. Then, insert the lauan plywood, and you’re done!
7. Pull-Out Storage Idea
These pull-out organizers will help your kids organize their toys better. The vibrant red containers look great with the wooden shelf.
To make this cool shelf, you’re going to need 2 – 1 x 12 x 8′ pine boards, 2 – 1 x 12 x 4′ pine boards, 3 – 1 x 2 x 8′ pine boards, 2 – 1 x 3 x 8′ pine boards, 9 Ikea Trofast bins, gorilla wood glue, brad nailer, and wood stain.
6. DIY Pegboard Shelf
if you are looking for a multi-functional shelf that is also easy to make, try using a pegboard. Pegboards are extremely versatile. You can even hang it in any room in your house, just like this pegboard. You only need to add some pegboard organizers to hold your stuff in place.
To make these beautiful and functional pegboard organizers, you’re going to need 1/2″ thick plywood, 3/8″ drill bit, wood glue, clamps, chalked paint, and stencil.
You’re going to measure the plywood first. The size can be varied depending on how you want the organizer to be. But, make sure the back part of the organizer has to be longer because it will be hung to the pegboard. Then, cut the plywood.
Before assembling the pieces, drill two holes in the back. Then, you can now glue or nail the pieces together. Paint the organizers the color of your choice. You can also apply stencil if you like. And, finally, you can hang them on the pegboard.
5. Rustic “HOME” Wooden Shelf
Looking for a shelf that can perk your house up in an affordable price? Try this one. Now shop around your home to find any leftover that you can use to make this cute rustic shelf.
Since you’re going to form H-O-M-E out of some pallet, you’d better draw your plan first before cutting up the pallet. Just a little tip, begin with the E. It would be easier. Assemble three pieces to the long board. The hardest part will be the M because it requires you to cut 45-degree angles. But, it’s not a big deal, though.
Once all the pieces have been assembled well, you can apply any finish you want. But whitewash it would enhance the rustic look.
4. Colorful Hexagon Shelf
These hexagonal shapes will color up your days as well as adding pops of colors in your home. It’s a super easy DIY project that won’t waste your weekend for nothing.
You only need to get hexagonal gift boxes, hexagonal mirrored tiles, and double-sided wall mounting tape. Arrange and attach the tiles on the wall. Then, attach a gift box to the center of each mirror.
3. Floating Corner Shelves
When it comes to a small bedroom, every inch and corner count. And that’s why you need to avail the corner of your bedroom by making floating corner shelves.
What you need to do is just getting some boards or leftover, cut them into triangles, and attach them at a corner of your bedroom to store your caps, sunglasses, or decorative plants.
2. Throw-and-Go Toy Storage
Kids are always in a hurry. They like doing things as quickly as they can including storing their toys. These throw-and-go shelves can be a great solution for this problem because they slope down inside. Once you’ve got your boards, lay out the zig-zag side profiles, cut them out, and sand before assembling them.
1. Wire Baskets and Pegboard
The versatility of pegboard allows you to explore your creativity, just like this changing table. A pegboard with some wire baskets hangs over the changing table, allowing you to grab diapers and powder in no time.
Now you know how to make wonderful shelves from scratch. These DIY shelf organizer ideas are super easy, yet can give you all you need. A place to store your stuff? You get it! A decorative item that can jazz your home up? It’s got you covered! Image by Pinterest.com
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.