One of the most favorite storage organizers is shelves. They are relatively inexpensive and DIY-friendly. No wonder they have cornered the market for so long. And now, more and more homeowners take these storage organizers to the next level by making them look extraordinary and unique.
If you are looking for something that can make things at your home stay organized as well as decorating the interior, check out these 10 DIY shelf organizer ideas. As always this ideas are compiled for you by simphome.com
10. Put On Labels
Installing open shelves in a kitchen is better than having bulky cabinets. The shelves will enable you to grab the ingredients you need when cooking and put them back more easily and quickly, which saves more time. And what makes them better is they don’t gobble up the space.
Do you often mistake sugar for flour that you put on the shelf? It seems trivial, but can lead to a big trouble. You can solve this problem by putting on a label on each jar so you won’t do the same mistake anymore. Besides, the labels can improve the look of your shelf and kitchen, making them look tidier.
9. Wooden Crate Shoe Shelf
Don’t see waste as a useless thing that you need to get rid of as soon as possible. It can turn into fruitful shelves that you can use to store almost anything in your home. Now roll up your sleeves because you’re going to make the shelves this weekend.
Before making the shelves, you need to get 6 wooden crates. If you already have them, good for you! You can save more time and money.
First, get 6 wooden crates, 4 3” swivel caster rubber wheels, small wood screws, and some other tools. Then, sand the surface of the crates so you can stain or paint them more easily. After that, screw the crates together and install the casters to the bottom. If you want the shelves to look rustic, sand them using a sanding block and some steel wools.
8. Simple Shelf Dividers
Storing trays and cookie sheets vertically can help you save more space comparing to stacking them up. Besides, it will make your shelf or cabinet look tidier. Instead of getting some shelf-dividers that might not suit your shelf and budget, try to make one yourself.
To do this easy project, get some poplar boards, lauan plywood, and brad nails. First, you’re going to need to install the poplar boards at the top and bottom of your shelf or cabinet using brad nails until it’s fully covered. Don’t forget to make a few millimeters gap between the poplar boards to insert the lauan plywood. Then, insert the lauan plywood, and you’re done!
7. Pull-Out Storage Idea
These pull-out organizers will help your kids organize their toys better. The vibrant red containers look great with the wooden shelf.
To make this cool shelf, you’re going to need 2 – 1 x 12 x 8′ pine boards, 2 – 1 x 12 x 4′ pine boards, 3 – 1 x 2 x 8′ pine boards, 2 – 1 x 3 x 8′ pine boards, 9 Ikea Trofast bins, gorilla wood glue, brad nailer, and wood stain.
6. DIY Pegboard Shelf
if you are looking for a multi-functional shelf that is also easy to make, try using a pegboard. Pegboards are extremely versatile. You can even hang it in any room in your house, just like this pegboard. You only need to add some pegboard organizers to hold your stuff in place.
To make these beautiful and functional pegboard organizers, you’re going to need 1/2″ thick plywood, 3/8″ drill bit, wood glue, clamps, chalked paint, and stencil.
You’re going to measure the plywood first. The size can be varied depending on how you want the organizer to be. But, make sure the back part of the organizer has to be longer because it will be hung to the pegboard. Then, cut the plywood.
Before assembling the pieces, drill two holes in the back. Then, you can now glue or nail the pieces together. Paint the organizers the color of your choice. You can also apply stencil if you like. And, finally, you can hang them on the pegboard.
5. Rustic “HOME” Wooden Shelf
Looking for a shelf that can perk your house up in an affordable price? Try this one. Now shop around your home to find any leftover that you can use to make this cute rustic shelf.
Since you’re going to form H-O-M-E out of some pallet, you’d better draw your plan first before cutting up the pallet. Just a little tip, begin with the E. It would be easier. Assemble three pieces to the long board. The hardest part will be the M because it requires you to cut 45-degree angles. But, it’s not a big deal, though.
Once all the pieces have been assembled well, you can apply any finish you want. But whitewash it would enhance the rustic look.
4. Colorful Hexagon Shelf
These hexagonal shapes will color up your days as well as adding pops of colors in your home. It’s a super easy DIY project that won’t waste your weekend for nothing.
You only need to get hexagonal gift boxes, hexagonal mirrored tiles, and double-sided wall mounting tape. Arrange and attach the tiles on the wall. Then, attach a gift box to the center of each mirror.
3. Floating Corner Shelves
When it comes to a small bedroom, every inch and corner count. And that’s why you need to avail the corner of your bedroom by making floating corner shelves.
What you need to do is just getting some boards or leftover, cut them into triangles, and attach them at a corner of your bedroom to store your caps, sunglasses, or decorative plants.
2. Throw-and-Go Toy Storage
Kids are always in a hurry. They like doing things as quickly as they can including storing their toys. These throw-and-go shelves can be a great solution for this problem because they slope down inside. Once you’ve got your boards, lay out the zig-zag side profiles, cut them out, and sand before assembling them.
1. Wire Baskets and Pegboard
The versatility of pegboard allows you to explore your creativity, just like this changing table. A pegboard with some wire baskets hangs over the changing table, allowing you to grab diapers and powder in no time.
Now you know how to make wonderful shelves from scratch. These DIY shelf organizer ideas are super easy, yet can give you all you need. A place to store your stuff? You get it! A decorative item that can jazz your home up? It’s got you covered! Image by Pinterest.com
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.
Subscribe Our Newsletter and Follow Our Update !