A lot home owners want to décor their house differently so they can stand out more than ordinary design that most people use, that is why you might want to use this southwest home décor as well. The design first reaches its popularity in the eighties where everyone used ethic items inside their home to decorate it, although as other design it does not take the stage for long. But the beauty of the décor still cannot be denied until today, so here we present to you a way to décor your home with southwest style which can make your house more beautiful.
Pottery is southwest home décor accessories that you must have when you want to make your home catch the real feel of southwestern area. Of course, the pottery should be original sun parched one which made with natural color to show the ethnic southwestern style. You can use it as vase in your living room or small decoration in your bathroom.
2. Rustic metal
Metal is another key element which you can use on your decoration. But rather than using shiny metal on your room, you must use rustic style metal instead. Accessories with old style shape made from metal with rustic finishing are easy to find in the home improvement store these days. Use it as your coat hanger, lamp, or even beautiful wall metal craft decoration. (via etsy)
For the furniture you should find something which made from natural material mostly wood as it is the authentic style one. Antique or distressed finishing furniture will add the southwest feeling as well. For the cabinet and vanity, it is best to search for piece that has crafting on the surface as it is the ethnic style which show the southwestern style you use inside your home. If you want more luxurious and comfort for your southwest home décor furniture, then you can also use leather sofa which will also match well with the other furniture material that we mention before. (via canadianloghomes)
4. Bone and skull/faux material
This material is another authentic material which southwestern people use in their home. However if it is rather difficult to find pieces with those material, then you can escape with faux material instead. Of course the price of faux material will be cheaper too. (via remodelaholic)
5. Southwest Arts
Your southwest home décor would not complete without using some southwestern art as this will greatly bring the feeling of authentic style. Painting is the favorite when it comes to the art, but you can also use carving as well. Put several arts here and there inside your room to complete your decoration and make the perfect southwestern house that you want.
Conclusion on Using Southwestern Style in Your Home Easily.
Southwest home use a lot of natural texture including the pottery, bone and skull, and other arts material we mention above. Inside their building they use adobe style walls to present the texture. To incorporate this texture in your modern southwest home décor, you can easily apply compound which already premixed to resemble adobe style walls. You can easily purchase it on your local home improvement store. For the ceiling, old people use wood beam which you can try to copy the design without really function them. That way, your home will have the old western feeling on authentic Southwest home.
Do not forget that colors are big element on the southwestern design that you should pay attention when choosing furniture or arts. Although they use bright and bold colors, however those colors are all natural colors which taken from the land so it makes them blend well with the surrounding. Use chilly color for the red, turquoise color of the sky, desert plants yellow, desert sand color for the beige, and of course the Taos blue color.
Southwestern people love natural light, which is why for the southwest home décor window treatment they use it while still allowing natural light to come inside their home. That is why you only need to use shutter as the window treatment so you can pull it up to allow natural light to come inside your room while still having privacy when you want. Use natural material such as bamboo or even southwest textile to create it.
As we know southwest home décor fabric is a must to use when making southwestern style home. It is rough but colorful filled with natural colors that we mention above. You can use it for almost anything from rug, window treatment to your pillow cover. You can also add tapestries with ethnic motif on your wall to add the southwestern feeling more. For bedroom, you can also use the ethnic motif on your bedding even though you might not like to make it from the real rough material, so you can use ordinary soft bedding material and print the motif on top of it.
Disclaimer: Images in this video are taken from google image and various sources. If you are owner of this image properties and you don’t want your image to be re-uploaded here. email me at admin [at] simphome dot com
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Subscribe Our Newsletter and Follow Our Update !