Small kitchens can be a challenge when it comes to cooking. You need to find appliances that are compact and efficient. Table top hobs with induction are an excellent option for small kitchens. They are compact and take up very little space on your countertop.
They also heat up quickly, so you can get dinner on the table in no time! This article will highlight the benefits of using a table top induction hob in small kitchens.
How Do Tabletop Induction Cooktops Work?
An induction cooktop contains an electromagnet that generates a magnetic field. When a pot or pan is placed on the hob, the magnetic field interacts with the metal of the cookware, causing it to heat up. This process is very efficient and allows for precise temperature control. In addition, because the heat is generated directly in the cookware, there is very little heat loss.
Benefits of Tabletop Induction Cooktops
If you’re in the market for a new cooktop, you may be wondering if an induction cooktop is right for you. Here are five benefits of induction cooktops that may help you make your decision:
1. Energy-Efficient. Because the heat is generated directly in the pot or pan, very little heat is lost to the surrounding area. It makes induction hobs more efficient than gas or electric hobs.
2. Responsive. Since the heat is generated instantaneously, you can very quickly change the temperature of your food. It is beneficial when cooking something delicate like eggs or fish.
3. Safe. There is no risk of burns from touching the cooktop surface because the heat is generated directly in the pot or pan. Additionally, induction hobs will automatically shut off if there is no pot or pan on the surface, making them safer.
4. Easy To Clean. The cooking surface of an induction hob is smooth. Thereby, there are no nooks and crannies for food to get stuck in. A quick wipe with a damp cloth is all you need to clean your induction.
5. Portable. Tabletop induction cooktops are small and lightweight, making them easy to take with you on the go. Whether camping or tailgating, an induction cooktop gives you the flexibility to cook anywhere!
Do You Need Special Utensils for Induction Hobs?
Some people worry that they need special utensils to use a table top induction hob properly. The good news is that you don’t need any specialized equipment to use an induction hob, although there are a few things that you should keep in mind.
Firstly, induction hobs work best with flat-bottomed pans. The magnetic field generated by the hob only affects the area where the pan is in contact with the surface. If you use a pan with a curved bottom, you may find that the heat is not distributed evenly.
Secondly, it’s essential to ensure that your pan is made from a ferrous material such as cast iron or stainless steel. If your pan is made from aluminum or copper, it will not be able to generate the necessary magnetic field and, therefore, will not work with an induction hob.
Finally, remember that induction hobs require less heat than other hob types, so you may need to adjust your recipes accordingly.
So, here is all that you should know about tabletop induction cooktops. An induction cooktop is an excellent option if you’re looking for an energy-efficient, responsive, safe, easy-to-clean cooking surface. Just remember to use flat-bottomed pans made from ferrous materials and to adjust your recipes as necessary.