What is a fresh coat of paint or wall-hung artwork without accessories? They all go together to produce something new and captivating. So read on for probably some of the most creative ways to decorate every part of your home.
When you stare at the blank space in front of you, you begin to think that you have to do something with it. You simply do not want to let dullness conquer your home.
Another reason is you realize that those bare walls have been lying dormant for a long time. Now, you need to tap into them with a few additions that can make a room feel warmer and refreshing.
If you’re ready to turn that bare wall into a stylish focal point, just keep scrolling down.
Behold! These 10 wall styling ideas refresh your mood and space below and add some visual appeal and functions to your home.
🔊10 Wall Styling Ideas to Refresh Your Mood and Space Video:
10. The Vibrant Wall Paint
Are you a type of energetic person? Or, are you trying to liven up your room with the best wall paint scheme?
The fastest way to energize your interior room is to paint the walls in bright colors that relate to the design of your house. Bright blue, for example, can make your home look more inviting and spacious. Besides, blue hues are often synonymous with nautical and coastal styles. Therefore, they can lend a relaxing ambiance to your room in no time.
If you plan to paint the entire walls vibrant colors, add more white to the ceiling and floor to balance the look. This way, your home will not be overwhelmed with boldness.
- 1. If you want to add a pop of color to the room, select one main wall that catches your eye. Paint this wall a shade of vibrant blue.
- 2. These days, painting bold colors on the wall is becoming more popular than ever! Therefore, you can try this out for yourself now! This way, you could refresh your home in a short time.
- 3. If you’re like most other people, you might not know what color scheme to use in your home. Therefore, it is good to let professionals do it for you. Because they know everything about how your living space looks and feels.
A good way of knowing how the colors will look on your walls is to figure out what color scheme will balance your existing furniture and accessories with each other in the best possible way.
- 4. Next, decide which type of hue you want to paint the wall. For example, if you have a warm-colored sofa in your living room, you could use a cool color scheme to create an exciting contrast.
- 5. Lastly, figure out what color scheme best suits your needs. For example, if you like a calm and soothing atmosphere in your interior room, use pastel hues! Furthermore, if you want excitement and energy for your living space, use bright hues instead!
Another way of creating visual appeal is by making the wall look fresh with new paint that reflects light or gives off deep or bold tones depending on the mood you wish to create in your interiors.
9. Experiment with Colorful Wallpapers
Without context, art can seem incomplete. It also happens to the interior decor that lacks a colorful backdrop for the walls!
You might hesitate to incorporate a vast array of colors into a room because it may lead to a haphazard look. Nothing could be further from the truth. It can result in a spectacular appearance instead if you do it properly.
This accent wall, for example, shows you that combining various colors and shapes is not always a bad idea. In fact, designing the walls using colorful wallpaper is a great way to highlight the look and feel of your room.
For instant appeal, you can choose a wallpaper that offers textural elements. You can also opt for the one rich in colors and patterns to perk up your room. Still, remember only to hang it on one wall because you want to create a focal point that steals anyone’s focus.
- A patterned wallpaper is a great way to add unique style to your walls without investing heavily in it.
- For an instant and inexpensive update, use removable wallpaper.
- Pick a wallpaper that complements the existing interior design, such as furniture and other accessories, to tie everything together.
- Choose your wall color before shopping for the wallpaper to see how it looks in your room.
- To make sure that the pattern of your wall doesn’t look too loud or overwhelming, hang art pieces or framed photos at various heights around it and along its lengthwise edge for balance.
- Consider your wallpaper size with your wall and how much of it you want hanging over the floor.
- If you’re unsure what type of wallpaper to choose, look through magazines and save photos of ones you would like to refer back to later.
- When shopping for wallpaper, look for high-quality products with a non-glossy surface since it’s easier on the eyes and will make your other decorative elements stand out more.
- If you have trouble finding or choosing a color or pattern you like for an accent wall, create a collage using magazine cutouts and glue them onto cardboard so that you can move them around until they fit together just right.
- When shopping for wallpaper, look for high-quality products with a non-glossy surface since it’s easier on the eyes and will make your other decorative elements stand out more.
8. Hang Plates above the bed
You may think that plates are supposed to be in the dining room or kitchen. Throw this ancient thought, and let’s try a new breakthrough.
We recommend that you take your collection of beautiful plates and use them as a starting point for your bedroom color scheme.
Arrange each plate based on its size. Try to look for references to the layout of the plate to make it look attractive. Hang the plates on the wall as a focal point and tie your room together. And now you have an idea of designing a blank wall without spending a lot of money.
- To hang the plates yourself, place a nail at the center of the plate and then pull it firmly.
- If you have difficulty changing the plates, you can use a 2×4 or platform to act as a lever to help you hang them.
- You can also make straps from wire clothes hangers and use them to hang plates.
- The metal hanging plate suitable for hanging up to four plates at once is ideal so that they can decorate your bedroom wall easily without breaking the wall’s color scheme or room décor simultaneously.
- For easy storage, you need to put your plates on the wall before putting them away.
- You will find that mounting plates are a little tricky, so don’t rush things if you want to do it properly.
- Place the edges of the frames in a corner and then place them on each side of the corner.
- After that, place the frame in an evenly placed position not to be crooked when they hang up against the wall’s border board.
- Mark where you’ll be hanging each plate by using your pencil as a guide as well as an additional measure of accuracy to turn them perfectly every time.
- Lastly, you must remember to put the screws and the nails well away from the plates to avoid damage.
7. Macramé Hanging Wall
Adding macramé craft decorations can be a good idea to make the interior more attractive.
Its shape is simple yet eye-catching. You don’t need to add other accessories because macramé can liven up your empty walls. There are many kinds of macramé, and you can find them at your favorite online store! Even better, you can make it yourself.
- Use a clothesline and cord.
- Tie a knot at one end of the rope to create a loop.
- Follow the pattern and make a macramé hanging wall with your design!
- When you’re done, hang your art piece up and let it look good.
Macramé is a fun project that you can make yourself and won’t be bored (especially if you already have made different designs before). Even if you haven’t made macramé before, don’t let this scare you! It’s not hard to do, and the process is easy.
6. The Wood Cutting Board Art Idea
How to make it? First, you have to prepare three pieces of clean cutting boards.
Grab scrap wood, and trace letters E, A, and T on the scrap wood. Then, paint them black. Let them dry, then sand the edges of the wooden letters to emphasize them. Glue them to the boards.
To give the finishing touch, wrap burlap thread around the neck of each handle a few times and tie it into a knot.
- No 1. Folding board:
If you’re looking for a DIY project that will allow you to use several different boards, try this one. Using a folding screwdriver, which has the same numbers as the ones in the picture above, carve out two or three letters E, A, and T on each of your wooden boards.
~ Then, keep the wood cutting boards at home and hunt for glue in color and texture you like from the furniture section of any department store or hardware shop.
Place one wooden letter on each board so that they stand upright.
- No 2. Scrap Wood:
Scrap wood is also a good resource for making homemade artworks and DIY crafts.
You can draw on wooden letters with a pencil to sketch your project.
Once you apply the glue to the board, let it sit for a while. You can place it on a shelf or the wall and admire it.
- No 3. Sandpaper:
Making plans with these homemade artworks is also very fun, especially if you’re into DIY projects and painting letters on wooden boards at that time.
For your homemade artworks to look better, use only high-quality sandpaper when sanding down the letter shapes from wood into a beautiful body that looks appealing to anyone who sees it.
- No 4. Letter Tracing:
After making wooden boards that match your room’s décor, try tracing letters on them to make them more decorative.
There are several posters or prints that you can buy and also a good idea for a room’s wall decoration.
- No 5. Use Wood Letters as an Accent:
If you want to use wood letters as the central part of your décor, don’t hesitate to make changes by doing the DIY project yourself. Remember that this is not difficult, especially when you have ample time on your hands.
~ You can cut the wooden boards into pieces, paint them black and arrange everything to fit well with the room’s décor. Then, simply hang them on the wall or place them on the floor.
- No 6. Using Wood Letters to Create a New Name:
Make sure to use wood letters as the central part of your décor by adding your family members’ names, last names, or both. You can also trace out a new name and make it more personal by making it look like a work of art instead of getting a plain wooden board like any other.
~ This DIY project comes with two options: you can make your new name look more sophisticated and elegant by using “fingers” made from letter shapes coming together into one piece for an artwork.
- No 7. Make a Focal Point:
Creating a focal point through wall styling is also a good option because it gives the impression of focal points in real life. You can make them black or brown so that the colors blend with the room’s décor.
- No 8. Make an Accent Wall:
You can create an accent wall by using wood letters traced out on wooden boards or wooden cutting boards to give off the impression of being painted with bold colors from scratch entirely.
~ You can also choose to use brown or black paint to highlight the wooden letters to create a warm and cozy atmosphere for anyone who sees this DIY project.
- No 9. Try a Rug Holder:
Rug holders are usually considered an accessory for the room, but using wooden letters is different because you can make them look decorative by tracing them out on wooden boards or cutting boards.
~ Wooden letters are used almost everywhere. If you want to try another DIY project that mainly focuses on decorating your home’s interior using wooden letters, then here’s a good option that you can do at home.
5. The Wall Mounted Fruit Baskets
When you store fruits in a sealed container, whether ceramic or plastic, they tend to spoil faster than you might expect. With that concern, you can opt for this idea because it keeps your fruits at room temperature and a fresh fruit bit longer before you juice it. Not to forget, the new solution will also upgrade your kitchen interior mildly.
- No 1. Wrap the stems with cling wrap to keep them from drying out.
- No 2. This variety of fruit baskets is popularly used to store bread and cakes in your home. It comes in several designs and colors for different types of decor.
- No 3. This fruit basket is available in many colors and designs to fit any home’s décor. Depending on your preference, you can use it as a stand-alone or wall plate.
- No 4. It can be used as an option for either side of your dining table. Or on the sideboard in your dining room if you have space restrictions on both sides of the tabletop.
- No 5. Use it as a decorative edge piece at the entrance or as a tray in your living room or hallway.
- No 6. This type of fruit basket is available in so many designs and colors that you can easily fit any décor for your home.
- No 7. It is lightweight and easy to carry from one place to another if you want to use it in various areas of your home, like on the sideboard in the dining room.
- No 8. You can hang it on the wall, put it on your kitchen counter, use it for serving and displaying fruits to friends and family, etc.
- No 9. You can also use it as a decorative piece to put on your dining table.
When you store fruits in a sealed container, whether ceramic or plastic, they tend to spoil faster than you might expect.
4. The Wood Palette Beverage Rack Idea
There is no more beautiful view than looking at your favorite beverages arranged neatly on a wall shelf. You just need to check these simple steps.
First, cut the pallet to the desired size. Pull the boards off for the bottom, then cut them into small pieces. Now, it is time to sand!
Once you have sanded it, make holes for the glasses, then drill. Cut the gaps for the glasses. Collect them together. Once everything is done, just hang it on the wall!
- No 1. Pallet Wood Board:
There are many ways to get pallets. The first and easiest way is to ask vendors or suppliers if they have any leftover wood boards from the shipment process.
You can talk with your friends who own a company.
They might have some wood boards in their storage rooms.
It is also possible to get one from the recycling companies that make the packages of different materials.
Still, it will be difficult for you to know which pallet was made of what kind of material, so there is a risk of getting toxic materials if you choose this option.
It may be more desirable to go directly to the manufacturer and order a new pallet made especially for you.
The second option is to find your closest supplier of pallets.
You can always ask your local storekeepers about the types of materials, sizes, and prices of the kind of pallets you want.
- No 2. Screws, Staples & Nails:
You will need large screws, preferably ones with a thick head explicitly made for through-bolts. You will also need metal staples and nails, which function as fasteners in this project. If you do not have metal staples or nails in your garage right now, ask a family member or friend if they can go to the hardware store and buy some more for you.
- No 3. The Pallet Wood:
You will find pallets at most garage sales and secondhand stores. If you do not see any pallets, you can try to ask the local building supply store if they sell pallets. This option is suitable for those new to woodworking and who have no idea where to start. As long as you know the general dimensions of a pallet, you’ll be able to build it yourself with just a few tools from your garage or basement storage space. It is much cheaper than obtaining one from an intermediary service or purchasing it new off the shelf at a lumberyard or hardware store.
- No 4. Wood Pallet:
There are only two types of pallets:
1). The type that is made of wood such as birch or pine and
2). The type that is built from recycled materials.
The first type of pallets can be used for this project, whereas the second cannot be used because you cannot reuse them.
You might have to purchase a new one to create something similar for your project.
After buying a new pallet, you will have to cut it into pieces with a power saw.
The process can take time, but it will save you money in the long run.
- No 5. Tools for this project:
You will only need a jigsaw and a hand saw, both standard tools in many people’s drawers.
Most people do not even have them in their homes, so you will still have to go out and get them.
- No 6. Drill:
A drill for drilling holes is also required to complete this project.
You should get one suitable for your task because the type of drill you have mattered if you want to finish the project successfully.
The job’s material or significance dictates the kind of drill you need and its power source, determining its features and how much force it can apply when used.
- No 7. Pallet Board:
You will need 2-3 pallets for this project, which is a lot considering that you will be just using one piece of pallet for the entire shelf.
There are many places to find pallets like garage sales; you can also ask your vendor or supplier if they have any leftover pallets.
And lastly, you can even look on the internet if there is any sale offering a discount on the type of wood and quantity you need.
- No 8. Wood Stain:
You can find wood stains at most hardware stores, home improvement centers, and online stores, where many brands are manufactured by companies all over the world.
The most popular brands are Minwax, Benjamin Moore, and Varathane.
- No 9. Paintbrush:
Painting the shelf with a brush will be one of your tasks in this project.
It will have been easier to spray paint because it covers more prominent areas with less time and effort.
The nice thing about using paintbrushes is that you control what you apply to your tools and projects.
Using spray paint can make your project lose its quality because some areas or sides may be exposed to the elements or other sources of air that can ruin the effects of your work, such as mildew and mold spores.
- No 10. Sandpaper:
Many types of sandpaper are available in different grades, from very coarse sandpaper to fine quality. The most common type is fine-grain sandpaper because you can use it for various things and projects that require the smoothening of wood, metal, or plastic. There are also grain sizes of a particular type within the same gradation—the lower the number, the larger the grain size.
- No 11. Gloves:
This item is optional, but wearing gloves might be necessary if you want to ensure your safety while working with wood and other materials. You can choose any liner or leather glove that you prefer.
3. The Oversized Art
If you look at your living room and feel something is missing, then you should bet. Oversized paintings can make all the difference in decor, not to mention they are the greatest ally of the personality and style of the occupants.
Usually, most of us place pictures on the wall behind the sofa, but this is not a fixed rule. Artwork can also occupy other environment walls, bringing color and life that decor does not have.
- No 1. Start with a blank face on the wall and use your imagination to create something interesting.
- No 2. Chose a theme you want, then proceed with the “finding.”
- No 3. If you have all materials at hand, you can place some art on your wall without buying anything new.
Don’t be afraid, just go ahead and start painting!
- No 4. Every framed piece of art allows you to add a personal touch to your living room design.
- No 5. Art will always look good behind the sofa when you choose the correct size.
- No 6. You can find an affordable painting and frame it yourself. Check out thrift shops, garage sales, or flea markets to make it easier.
- No 7. Coloring on canvases can also be a great way to add personality and style to your home’s interior design.
- No 8. Your art can be hard-to-find or a blind spot that can make all the difference in decor
- No 9. You love to wear those colorful shirts, so why not put them on your walls?
- No 10. Just like the wall color, you can also choose the frame in various patterns to bring a fresh and unique look to your home decor.
2. The Large Bookcase Idea
We can’t underestimate the importance of a bookshelf in the living room. A great bookshelf will help tidy up a lot of the mess in your living room.
The right bookshelf is an essential piece of furniture in every corner of your home. This one provides space to organize your books and other stationery neatly and help keep them tidy.
This white living room is stylish, with a bookshelf mounted to the wall. A dark-gray chair next to it offers a comfortable place to lounge on or curl up while reading a book. The white vaulted ceiling rounds out the appearance by bringing a lot of lively vibes to this living room.
- No 1. To build it, you need to start with 6 feet by 12 feet sheet of plywood.
Cut it into 18 inches 48 inches rectangle and 5 feet by 48 inches rectangle.
You’ll need a 4-inch by 36-inch piece of trim for each short side and a 2-inch by 24-inch piece for each long side.
Then, you can attach the long sides to the long ends of the base with 1 ½ inch screws. Next, attach the shorter sides onto the ends of the shorter ends with 3/4 inch screws, making sure you leave a 2 ½ inch space between them to create storage space for your books.
- No 2. To cover the shelf with paper, use spray adhesive and smooth it on evenly. Use a wide paintbrush to spread the glue.
- No 3. To adorn the shelf with wallpaper, apply glue in small areas at a time and smooth it out with your fingers. Repeat this step until you’ve covered the entire surface.
Lastly, No 1. A Floor Mirror idea
A floor mirror is one of the perfect accents in living rooms, like this antique mirror in gold style. The great thing about a floor mirror next to a window or on the side of a sofa is it can offset the balance in the room and create a stylish look with an airy touch.
An oversized mirror surrounded by a gold frame can add luxury. Keep the surrounding area bright in the decor not to overwhelm your room visually.
- No 1. Start building the project by first collecting the mirrors and wrapping each piece with decorative paper or wallpaper.
- No 2. Use a strong adhesive like double-sided tape to affix the mirrors to the wall with two inches between each mirror.
- No 3. Make sure the first piece of mirror is level when you stick it on the wall, then adjust accordingly for other mirrors as well.
- No 4. Wrap the last mirror with scrapbook paper and adhere it to the wall. Then use a drywall saw to cut out around the mirror.
- No 5. Attach a hook to the wall about two inches above and below each piece of mirror, using drywall anchors and screws.
A floor mirror is one of the perfect accents in living rooms, like an antique mirror in gold style. The great thing about a floor mirror next to a window or on the side of a sofa is it can offset the balance in the room and create a stylish look with an airy touch.
- No 1. An oversized mirror surrounded by a gold frame can add luxury.
- No 2. Choose the right frame for your mirror; of course, select a gold frame with pure gold furniture.
- No 3. Try to include a few pieces of furniture with similar color and texture schemes in the same room so that they can act as decor accents.
- No 4. Bring in the winter season with a touch of silver and gold accessories, like candlesticks, vases, and table lamps made from silver or gold-plated metal materials.
- No 5. Look for picture frames that have gold or a warm, golden color and put images of family members or favorite vacation spots inside to anchor the space in the home.
- No 6. Make sure you have enough space in front of your mirror so that you can do your makeup without any obstruction.
- No 7. Make your bedroom look bright and attractive with a floor mirror mounted on the wall behind the bed so you can check out yourself while getting ready for bed without even turning on the light.
- No 8. Try adding a floor mirror to an entryway or foyer because it will not only add beauty but also lead guests into your home and make them feel comfortable upon arriving in your living room area.
- No 9. Add a floor mirror next to your sofa or in front of your window so that it can reflect the sky and nature outside, making it look more luminous and airy.
- No 10. Use a small hair mirror to counter the big wall mirror, place a small stool in front of the mirror, so you don’t have to strain your neck while doing makeup.
So to Refresh Your Mood and Space with wall styling because it doesn’t have to be difficult at all. It can also be a fun and exciting project that allows you to choose your style and make the most of what you already have with the proper selection. To sum up, here are several choices you can try after reading all material that the list has to offer
- No 1. Wall sheers
Wall sheers are a great way to use your window space and use the color and pattern you like.
- No 2. Window curtains
Window Curtains are an easy way to add texture and contrast to your space, but make sure that they complement the rest of your decor rather than being an eyesore. You need to ensure that they fit in perfectly with your theme, or else it will look odd.
- No 3. Another Mirrors
Wall mirrors are a great way to make your space look bigger and brighter, especially in smaller rooms. It is also a great way to create an illusion of dimension and depth in your room.
- No 4. Texture
Add texture to your wall with brick panels, marble tiles, or wooden boards. Wallpaper or accessories with a similar pattern can be an option too!
- No 5. Prints
Use prints on your wall to represent who you are as an individual and how you want others to see you, like pictures of family members or quotes inspiring you.
- No 6. Patterns
Another way to add texture and pattern to your room is by using wallpaper panels with a design or color similar to “home furnishings.” This step will help you blend in with the wall and create the effect of space.
- No 7. Color
Choose colors that don’t clash with each other but still pop, like pastels or light colors. They are modern but soften up the look of your room.
- No 8. Lighting
Lighting is another easy way to add character and texture to your walls. You can choose from the most popular designs of chandeliers and pendants to stick in a corner or hang from a ceiling or wall for a beautiful finishing touch.
- No 9. Wall art
This choice is a yes because it can be used as decoration, a room centerpiece, and future investment. Choose it if you have space near the wall, if you think it will bring in the right mood, and if you’re quite willing to put in some effort into picking out frames that complement each other.
- No 10. Artwork
Considering the item is a good idea for substantial wall spaces, and you can also use it for smaller areas. You can choose from framed prints, canvases, or even artwork that the previous owner has put on the wall itself. However, keep in mind that if you’re changing a wall from bare to busy, you might want to avoid this option.
Lastly, think about what your wall represents to you. Is it the finishing touch, which is the reason why you’re even decorating? Or does it serve as a background for other features like artwork, furniture, and plants? Then choose accordingly to achieve a look that works for you.
In the end, your room will fall short of the ambiance you’ve been looking for. The light switch should be up above head height so your eyes can see it easily. And you need to know that the overhead pendant light adds ambient light while still helping to illuminate your room.
Well, you’ve got 10 wall styling ideas to refresh your mood and space for your home interior. Get started with your interior decorating hassle-free!