When it comes to a bedroom with limited space, investing in wall-mounted furniture will be your greatest bet, including wall-mounted bedroom cabinets.
Bedroom cabinets can accommodate your need to stay organize without taking up a lot of space. Besides, they are DIY friendly. And if you are looking for wall-mounted cabinets that are brilliant, practical, and affordable, you’ve stumbled upon a right post as I have listed 10 wall-mounted bedroom cabinet upcycling ideas by Simphome.com.
Put your thinking cap on and let’s start the count down.
10. Upcycle an Old Suitcase idea
Upcycling things is a good way to get what you need without burning a hole in your pocket. And if you happen to find an old suitcase in your storage room, do not throw it away as you can make a pretty good cabinet in your bedroom by tweaking it a little bit.
All you need to do is just adding two boards inside the suitcase to make three compartments. Before adding the boards, you can attach any wallpaper of your choice to make the cabinet look prettier. Once the boards are already installed, screw the suitcase on the wall, and you’ve got a new cabinet to incorporate additional storage space.
9. A Stackable Wooden Cabinet idea
One thing that you have to keep in your mind – always store your leftover supplies somewhere because you might need them again someday. And they can be a potential treasure for your next DIY project too, just like these cabinets.
These cabinets are constructed from simple wooden cabinet structures and if you prefer to purchase them, you can get them almost from any furniture stores. Next, attach them together with view screws or wall screws if you want to secure them with your wall. My last advice is optional and you’re free to decorate them with any art pieces you like after you acquire them in your bedroom.
8. Ikea Besta Storage Hack idea
Ikea has many wonderful products that you can hack to meet your desire and creative genius. One of them is Ikea Besta storage.
Ikea Besta storage usually comes with four small legs that allow you to put it on the floor. But this time, the legs have been removed, and Ikea Besta storage has turned into practical wall-mounted cabinets that will maximize your space.
The homeowner of this bedroom has meticulously designed the storage space to get things organized without compromising his own comfort. He placed two bigger cabinets on both sides of the bed, and hang Ikea Besta above the bed. The larger cabinets look as if the owner have anchored the Ikea Besta in place.
Relevant topics related to Furniture and makeovers:
60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers.
45 IKEA Makeover Products.
37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas.
32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA).
31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room.
30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA).
30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers.
30 Small Bedroom Furniture ideas.
30 Sweet IKEA Table Hacks.
28 Clever IKEA Chair hacks.
10+ Room Furniture makeover ideas.
10 Tricks to Give Your Old Furniture a Fresh Look.
7. How to turn Old Drawers into floating Shelves
This is another brilliant idea to give a second life to old stuff. Who would have guessed old drawers can be. First pick your wall. Second, scrap some old drawers or unused storage or wardrobe cabinet and clean them thoroughly from dust or insects. Next, paint (which is optional) and screw or nail them on your wall.
6. Wooden Crate Cabinet ideas
Wooden crates are versatile. If you happen to have plenty of wooden crates in your storage room, don’t throw them away as you can make lots of new furniture or decorative piece by upcycling them. You can even make a custom DIY wardrobe or a new storage solution too from them which is super easy and cheap.
To make this wardrobe, all you need to do is just sanding down the crates and apply some paint to make it look more appealing and up to date. Then, you can stack them together. To make the wardrobe sturdier, you can screw the crates to your wall. And, don’t forget to have some space in the centre (just like seen in the picture), so you can install a rod to hang your clothes.
Relevant topics related to organizing ideas:
100+ Organization how to Small bedroom into a Calming Sanctuary.
33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas.
31 DIY Organization Ideas.
22 Useful Organizing inspiration for anyone living in a small space.
20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger.
5. A Wall-Mounted Industrial Shoe Rack idea
If you are interested in a rustic look of steampunk style, this wall-mounted shoe rack is for you. Steampunk style is all about how you bring the industrial look in your space. Therefore, it usually entails furniture that is made of distressed wood and industrial pipes, just like this one.
For this idea. You need to provide some pipes, connectors, flanges, screws, wooden boards and of course locations and dimensions of your new rack shoe rack.
Before installation started, you may also need to use some spray paint to make your rack look more attractive. And some stain or polyacrylic to make wooden structures of your rack last for a longer period of time.
4. Stylish Wooden Crate Shelve ideas
This is another brilliant idea of repurposing wooden crates and turning it into practical storage space in your bedroom. Just like old drawer makeover idea I already discussed, wooden crates can be transformed into open shelves that can host smaller items like gloves, scarves, or even your jewellery.
All you need to have to craft one of this idea is of course some old wooden crates, stain or paint, your weekend, a little bit of elbow grease, and a little bit of creativity.
The first thing you need to do is sand the surface of your crates thoroughly, so you will be able to apply your stain or paint, easier and smoother. Once the stain or paint is done and dry, screw your crates to the wall, and you’re done! If you want your shelves to hold your necklaces, you can add some screw hooks first.
3. Jewelry Cabinet structured from Old Barn Door idea
Give a little bit touch of farmhouse style in your bedroom by making this jewellery cabinet. You will need to implement your carpentry skills when making this cabinet since you have to cut the boards and dowels, and then assemble them using nails. Next, screw them on the wall, and install the old barn door as the cabinet door. Last, use wrought iron hinges and handle bar to accentuate the rustic look of your new cabinet.
2. Repurpose Medical Cabinet idea
Medical cabinets are supposed to be used to accommodate first aid kit. However, it can make a great jewellery box, too. You will only need to add a twist in your medical cabinet like adding some hooks for the necklaces or bracelets and a ring tray sponge or ring holders. Finally, you’re good to go!
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Lastly Number 1. Old Washboard Cabinet Door idea
Did you know that with an old washboard you can craft a nice wall-mounted cabinet? Besides, the washboard can add textural element to your bedroom.
To make this wall-mounted cabinet, you will only need to make a wooden box from the leftover you find in your storage room. After that, install the washboard as the door of your cabinet using hinges. To attach it on your wall, you can use your reliable drill and regular screws. Done
So, Upcycling things is one of the best ways to cut down on waste and to get a custom furniture you want on the cheap.
These wall-mounted bedroom cabinet ideas I hope give your new upcycling perspective and until we meet again in next list, thanks for your attention.
10. Upcycle an Old Suitcase | Loveproperty
9. Stackable Wooden Cabinets | Make Space and Qanvast
8. Ikea Besta Storage Hack | Forbes
Photo by Holly Marder – Browse Scandinavian bedroom ideas.
7. Old Drawers Have Turned into Shelves | Make Space | Apartment Therapy
6. Wooden Crate Cabinets | Deco Cuartos
5. Wall-Mounted Industrial Shoe Rack | Pinterest
4. Stylish Wooden Crate Shelves | Huffpost | The Rustic Willow
3. Jewelry Cabinet from Old Barn Door | Jays Custom Creations
2. Repurpose Medical Cabinet | Pinterest
1.Old Washboard Cabinet Door | Hung Fu
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.