- Paint Your Walls: A new coat of paint is one of the easiest ways to infuse life into your living room. With so many colors, you can create any mood you want! Or Add Colorful Wall Decor: A colorful wall is a great way to add life to even the most dull-looking spaces! A few bold paintings hung up on the wall can create a dramatic shift in a room that may otherwise be boring.
- Add Artworks: Small art pieces can add a big personality to your living room. A few framed pictures or magazine pages can brighten up even the darkest corners of your space.
- Design a Wall Shelf: You can create a feature with a good-looking shelf if you have an empty wall at the end of the room. You can also make it into something more permanent by painting it yourself!
- Set Up a Bookcase: Bookcases are often an afterthought, but they can be very stylish and practical at the same time.
- Hang Plants from Your Ceiling: You don’t always need to put a plant on your bookshelf – hanging plants from your ceiling gives an instant pop of green without being too much of a hassle to take care of!
- Add Floor Rugs: Rugs bring color and texture into the room, giving it more personality and warmth.
- Arrange Your Furniture Differently: Sometimes, all you need to change is the furniture arrangement in your living room to change the entire look!
- Take inspiration from Pinterest: If you’ve never tried decorating your living room with Pinterest, now’s the time to try it out. Pinterest is a treasure trove of ideas, inspiration, and tutorials that will help you quickly get the look you want.
- Bring in Some Plants with special chemical production: If you don’t have enough green around the house, adding a few plants to your living room will add life. There are lots of options – some plants have pretty flowers while others are just attractive leaves! Some plants can get rid of bugs, for example; Basil, Catnip, Chives, Citronella plant, Lavender, Marigolds, Rosemary, Sage Bush, and Venus Flytrap. Others can reduce your home’s electricity bills, such as Acaena, Alhagi, Aloe Vera, Anthurium, Bird of Paradise, Dracaena, Ficus tree, and Gerbera Daisies.
- Add Bookshelves: Like bookcases, libraries can be a great way to create storage space and add character to your living room.
Picking the right colors can have a significant impact on the space. However, some people are too hesitant to do some experiments with colors. Thus, they opt for white. There is nothing wrong with it, but don’t you want to add pops of colors to your home?
Vibrant colors bring energetic vibes into your house, which could be a reason behind the craze.
If you are looking for ideas to adopt those hues without making your home look chaotic, here are 10 vibrant living room ideas you can use to spark some interest and style. As always, Simphome presents with the list.
10. Highlight or Cover it
Creating a colorful room requires at least more than one hue. It could go with just one, but it might look mundane. Therefore, you need to mix a couple of more colors, but be careful not to overdo it as it could create a mess.
Color can either highlight or hide something by making it look clear or blurring. An uneven wall or one with cracks are just some of the common examples you may find in the living room. A dark color would be the best choice to conceal those flaws, or pick a similar one that can camouflage them.
- Find the weak area of your living room and then search for the best color to cover it.
- Paint or cover the wall or furniture with that color and see if the weakness is still noticeable. If yes, proceed to the next color until you find something that complements your living room.
- Once finished, check your living room again to see if it makes a big difference in its overall look by using different colors.
- Combine Two Hues (When possible)
Remember you are trying not to overdo it when choosing more than one hue for your living room? It is best to stick with two hues at most per house area, particularly when working on a project that requires precision, such as painting or carving.
9. Apply Several Colors simultaneously
Getting bored of something that has been there for a long time is a natural feeling. Therefore, you need to do makeover projects sometimes. If you do not want to spend much money and time, you can try applying some vibrant colors to a wall.
This vibrant idea would fit to address teenager or young adult vibes. It looks so much fun having several colors painted on the same wall. The black and white color rug on the floor is the perfect means to reduce the bright atmosphere. The dark blue couch is also a great addition to the living room.
1. To lower your chance of error, you better choose one color that you would use for a larger space.
2. Choose another color for the smaller part and repeat the same step until you reach your desired result.
3. Stick with Subtle Patterns
Small patterns are common, but using bold and large patterns could prevent the room from appearing chaotic. Using tiles or a paintbrush, you can create a geometric pattern on the wall or ceilings. This vibrant idea will be such fun to try on your living room if you have enough budget to spend on making it happen. However, it is not a must-have since this idea can still work with bold hues painted on the walls and floors and add accessories with interesting details or shapes into the space.
4. Add Some Paint To Your Furniture too
You may be surprised with the benefits paint could bring to your living room. A painted table or wooden chair could complement the vibrant hues of your living room. Adding vibrant colors could build fun and inviting atmosphere in your living space with this idea.
1. Make sure you have chosen a durable finish type (e.g., water-based enamel) to secure its long lifespan and better performance as it will be exposed to mildew, heat, and moisture.
2. Clean the furniture appropriately and then use a primer to enhance its lifespan and color intensity for at least 12 months before applying the final coat.
3. Apply the paint and let it dry before putting it in your living room.
4. Get Rid of The Useless Things (When possible)
It is difficult to make over a room without getting rid of any useless thing. We mean anything that does not serve its main purpose, such as unused furniture and other things you do not need, or maybe your old TV set.
Straighten your room first by getting rid of everything that could hide or conceal something needed for the purpose, such as table lamps, decorative wall art, etc. You can then add flavors by hanging colorful accessories such as lamps, vases with bright colors, some paintings on the wall or your floor, etc.
8. Keeping your room Natural Tone
Combining colors would be much easier with white as the base. But what if you only have exposed brick walls that are the hallmark of rustic and industrial style?
The reddish bricks are a natural beauty. They can add pattern and texture simultaneously. Besides, they can be as versatile as white walls when creating a vibrant living room.
Since the walls are red, you may need to consider painting the ceiling white to balance. This way, you can apply vibrant furniture without making an eyesore.
But remember adding color does not always have to be about the walls or ceilings. There are many other features you need to consider. The floor would be one since it contributes considerably to the living room.
7. White and Pinkish Hues
Welcome to the living room with a sweet sense of color choice. The dark couch and rug make other colors look much brighter as they intended to.
The pinkish tone is hard to resist as it takes place on the doors, windows, and ceilings. When sitting, you would naturally face forward or even above as the room has a bold choice of coloring.
The white walls perfectly contrast the pinkish hues, while the mini yellow tables really splash a beauty and a center of attention on the floor.
- Get to know the meaning of vibrant first.
- Determine how many colors you want to incorporate in the living room.
- Choose several colors for each area of your living room unless you will have a single color on a wall or furniture surface or you want it to be white instead.
- Stick with one dominant color as it would complement other hues much better than having many shades in one area at once, especially when combining two hues equally into a space.
- Create a sense of unity.
You do not need to paint every wall and ceiling in the same color. You can create interesting patterns on the floor or ceilings for an interesting look. You could also opt for a subtle pattern such as repeating rug designs or vases filled with fresh flowers.
- Add Colored Accessories
You could add accessories with different colors and tones. Vases, small decorative tables, lamps, and paintings with vivid hues are some examples you might consider adding to your living room.
- Coordinate Accessories with the Walls
You can coordinate accessories to match the wall color, especially if you already have a favorite color that you would like to incorporate. For example, if your favorite wall color is blue, you could select accent accessories and furniture in shades of blue or green. Your living room would be cohesive and harmonious, although not all the walls will take on a similar nuance.
- Opt for Dark Natural Wood Floors
If you have ever been intimidated by owning furniture made from natural materials such as wood, try this out, as it might fit your needs.
6. A Beautiful Rough Surface living space
No sweat. There are thousands of wallpaper ideas that you can purchase and stick on the walls.
The wall will look stunning with a rough surface and lovely colors. But if you prefer conventional style, the terracotta wall would be a great choice.
- Choose your favorite pattern and then measure it.
- Craft your pattern with a piece of paper first. Then, put it on the wall and trace the pattern with a pencil. With this, you will be able to cut the pattern with a sharp knife accurately.
- Stick your pattern onto the wall and then remove it carefully.
- Paint directly over your pattern with 2-3 coats of paint in a similar color. Brush out any unevenness with a brush or even sandpaper lightly to give texture to your living room walls.
- Remove all leftover bits of paper from your living room wall before the final painting is completed
Additional idea: Stick your painting on the wall and then smooth it with a broad brush or roller. Don’t forget to use the primer before painting.
5. Get Some Pillows
Everybody would agree that white is the most common palette used in many buildings, including the living room. It brings peace and calm and can go with lots of other colors.
This living room challenges the white tone with some pinkish objects that romantically brighten the room. When you need to add some more colors, pillows are the best alternative.
You could just switch the furniture to different colors, as white hues would make a lovable base background.
4. Enrich your interior with your Plants
An open room that receives sufficient light can make the colors look much better. Some suggest putting a mirror to create a vibrant room with a lack of space.
Thinking of something to elaborate a vivid living room idea, a natural choice feels just right. Yes, adding plants is another way to decorate it when you have already painted the wall and added colorful couches.
Plants really are a great addition to balance the living room in terms of color. They have various leaves and flowers to save the day.
Step by step instructions:
1. Choose and grow your plants.
2. Grow them on the planters first and then move them to your living room.
3. Without harming the plant roots or cutting the flowers, feed them once a week, as this would allow their growth and survival.
4. Provide sufficient light for your living room plants because they don’t need to put much effort into growing up to 6 feet high.
5. Water it regularly so that germination doesn’t happen due to lack of care
6. Keep an eye on the plants when you’re not at home – this will ensure that they don’t wither away in a blink!
7. Don’t forget about air conditioning and humidity levels in the house as well
8. After the plants grow well, you should trim them beautifully. Hanging up your plants can make them reach up to the ceiling.
9. You can place a decorative light fixture above your table or floor lamp to highlight your indoor garden outside the window for a more brilliant look.
10. Rake the leaves and scatter them around to make it look like you have a natural neighborhood outside your window!
Additional idea: Get some colorful pillows for extra atmosphere and perhaps even some flowers on top of the tables for more color and vibrancy!
3. Get a Rug To complete your interior
Blue and white make a calm environment. The terracotta walls look pretty in white. You can’t go wrong with hanging some art pieces in a wide size. If you want the room to seem more spacious, you may consider removing some furniture from the room.
It will create some new space and make the room look pretty. If the floor doesn’t go together with the wall or you want to fancy it, a solution would be to lay a rug. This striped rug fits the white wall, bringing a fresh and cool ambient to the living room.
2. Change the Old Lamps
Windows hold a significant role in creating a vibrant room as they allow the light to enhance the painting on the walls. Those skylights become necessary when you include plants in the living room.
When redecorating the living room, there may be some things that you should change to match the new appearance. Lamps are one of the items mentioned above.
Install new lamps with shapes and brightness that suit the current setting to increase the vibrant feel.
Lastly, Number 1. Cover It with Curtains
When the living room naturally receives abundant sunlight, getting curtains are a great idea to counteract the light explosion. Curtains can also improve the room with their beautiful patterns and style.
As a result, curtains are still a popular option to decorate the living room. As curtains typically come in wide sizes, it would significantly impact when they have vibrant hues. A table can be the center of the living room as it would be wise to have a wonderful one around the chairs. You can have a white, black, or gray table here, which shouldn’t be a problem.
1. Choose the color for your living room curtains.
2. Measure your window, then purchase the curtains that match the size to create a harmonious affinity.
3. Hang your curtains on your window or sliding door while adding a curtain rod at your window’s width.
4. If you have wide windows, you can have two or even three curtains to make them look beautiful and more appealing! More than one curtain will create a luxurious feel in your living room!
5. You can hang them on the ceiling to hide some unevenness in the room.
6. You can also hang them on walls to create different feelings. You can try the idea when you have already chosen particular paint colors for your living room!
- Hang a beautiful painting on the wall and create a framed artwork around your curtains, in style and theme!
- Add some lovely tableware, such as a vase with fresh flowers and some decorations for a more artistic appeal
- Incorporate some stylish and colorful pillows
- Add some lovely artwork or a beautiful lamp to the room
- Add some furniture that’s in matching tone with your new curtains and color
- Remove the Old Carpets and Start from Scratch
If you’ve added a new rug in your living room, it would be great for you if you removed the old carpets. You may need a wood floor to destroy the old carpet. When it comes to painting, adding a rug is great because it breaks up the space and produces an interesting atmosphere naturally.
- Add Colorful Sofas to Make the room more lively and welcoming. When you decorate your living room, and it already has vibrant colors, then it’s time to add some unique items. The traditional sofa is a great idea when you’re going with bright and vivid hues.
Trying out something new can be daunting sometimes. But if you do not give it a shot, you will not know how it turns out. So, you should consider these 10 vibrant living room ideas to carve out a nuance.