- Simplifying the style of your bedroom does not have to be expensive.
- The Right lighting is more than sufficient to make the bedroom feel more comfortable.
- A little creativity and imagination can make any room stylish, comfortable, and personalized.
For example, let the bedside table decorate with porcelain dolls painted pink or soft lace sheets if you want a feminine look. For a masculine room with a twist of style and color, try adding an old-fashioned television that you can hang from the ceiling-this will help keep it out of sight but still accessible when you need it.
- Let the Calmness Rule Your Bedroom and your Life
Clutter is one of the biggest destroyers of a room’s beauty and calmness, and this is why people are rushed to clear out their closets, their desk drawers, and so on. If you want to look more relaxed, let your bedroom be clutter-free by using storage solutions that help keep your things organized. For example, ensure that there’s enough space to keep all necessary accessories under control, e.g., change the table and chest that keeps everything in good condition.
- Transform the Color of Your Bedroom
The color of the bedroom is also a crucial part of your transformation. Dark colors make it feel like a room is closed in and cramped. Bright colors are easy on the eye and can help boost one’s mood in the morning.
- To get your bedroom softer, you can opt for a fuzzy throw blanket, add some drapes, or even change your sheets.
Whether your bedroom is big or small, you deserve a comfortable place for a good night’s sleep. Nevertheless, acquiring comfort is not only about investing in a soft mattress and fluffy pillows. You still need to consider the embellishment that can please your eyes and relax your mind.
Decorating a bedroom requires creativity, budget, and time. It may sound complicated at first. It turns out that it can be pretty straightforward.
Without further ado, check out these 10 soft and simple bedroom look transformations that are still genius because they are effortless yet effective in adding a facelift to your sleeping space. As always, Simphome presents you with the list.
10. The Open Frame Night Stand Idea
The nightstand may not be an essential part of a bedroom. Still, it plays a significant role because it allows you to set down your table lamp, a clock, or even a glass of water.
A nightstand that features an open base will give the room an airier and more open feel. Besides, it can add some sort of style to the space.
This nightstand, for example, is chic with thin geometric legs and a round mirror top that complement the mid-century modern style. Furthermore, the gold finish adds a bit of luxury to the space.
9. The DIY Drop Cloth Curtains idea
Dropcloth curtains can be a good idea to transform a bedroom quickly and effortlessly. Besides, they are relatively cheap, which is perfect for those who want to revamp the space without costing a small fortune.
Although this idea is originally for a kitchen, you can still implement and add a twist to it to meet your need.
The materials you should prepare for this DIY project are a canvas drop cloth, fabric hem tape, curtain rod, and curtain ring clips. You will also need flexible ring clips, scissors, and an iron.
Here are the steps to perform the DIY no-sew curtains from drop cloths.
- Measure and plan your window using the flexible tape measure.
- Wash and prep your drop cloth because a canvas is usually stiff. You can soften this material by soaking it in a mixture of two cups of bleach and 1:10 hydrogen peroxide and water. Then, wash it with any laundry detergent in a hot wash and dry. Finally, iron it.
- Cut and hem the drop cloth to size correctly by applying your hem tape to the entire length of your cut side.
- Hang and enjoy the new bedroom look.
8. How to deal with your pet’s bed
Your beloved pet influences your daily life, especially in your space. If you have one, it is difficult to deal with the smell of a pet’s bed. Do not worry; you can create a beautiful room decoration using an elegant upholstered headboard. You need an upholstered headboard, plaid fabric or canvas drop cloth, a wooden frame for the headboard, and a staple gun for this project.
The other simple idea is by utilizing space under your bed
If you have a large pet living with you, a hidden pet bed would be the most appropriate idea to consider. You can provide extra space and allow the pet the sleep close to you.
During the day, you can simply slide the pet bed under your bed and use it at night for your pet to sleep.
Instruction to build under the bed pet bedding idea:
- Step 1: Select an unused space under your bed.
- Step 2: Cut a piece of plywood to measure 11 x 17 inches to fit the space by subtracting 1/2 inch for each side.
- Step 3: Purchase a foam mattress and cut it to measure 5 inches thick by adding 2 inches for seam allowance. Next, cut the foam in half lengthwise.
- Step 4: Cover the bottom piece of wood with foam and then apply glue to the top side of the plywood and attach the upper half of the sleeping pillow.
- Step 5: Create a cushion under the pet bedding by cutting a piece of cotton fabric that is 24 x 24 inches with a 4-inch hem allowance on all four sides.
- Step 6: Sew the bottom of the fabric to the top of your wood with a sewing machine.
Repeat until you have attached all sides of the fabric.
- Step 7: Attach a piece of Velcro on one side and attach it to the underside of a vinyl mat. Repeat on all sides and enjoy!
7. Re-Organize Your Closet
Did you know that organizing a closet is another genius idea to transform your bedroom look? Try this idea if you have many things filling your space and making everything look messy.
There are some steps to do it simply as follows:
- Prepare and plan by keeping everything you used last year.
- Sort what to keep and not to keep. Sort the items based on categories, such as belts, clothes, purses, shoes, etc.
- Organize the items based on their groups. Install extra shelving whenever necessary, including a shoe cabinet, handbag shelf, and others. This way, you will make finding things easier.
- You can also organize your close by installing a shelf dedicated to your beautiful perfumes and jewelry.
- You can create an extra small closet for your clothes to hang properly. Shop a space saver that shortens the closet rod when you need extra space in the wardrobe.
- Hang a jewelry organizer on the back of the door to hold all your accessories.
- Build a small closet for your undergarments by using a shoe shelf and storing them there.
- Create another closet for shoes of different sizes by installing a custom shoe rack.
- Make sure to use a bedside table to hold your jewelry, lip gloss, and other accessories. Keep it next to your bed if you wake up in the middle of the night.
Another idea to transform your bedroom with closet organizing is adding a coat rack or additional shoe rack. You can also paint your closet’s doors to match the color of the walls or create a unique design.
Relevant closet organization ideas you can consider you can choose because they won’t cost you a lot of money:
- Idea no 1: A coat rack on either side of the door or the wall above the door is a great way to keep your coats off the floor and separated for easy access.
- Idea no 2: Store long-handled items like shovels, rakes, and brooms in a hanging shoe bin with a lid. This idea will give you easy access and easily find what you are looking for.
- Idea no 3: Use an extra shelf above your closet door to hold storage boxes, small baskets, hampers, decorative containers, drawers, or open shelving to further organize your closet.
- Idea no 4: Use a door with a mirror to hang washcloths, towels, etc.
- Idea no 5: Add a shoe organizer behind the door to keep space-saving items like hangers, scarves, gloves, etc., from sliding off the closet shelf.
- Idea no 6: Install Privacy Curtains. You will need a curtain rod, a pair of double-sided hooks, and a curtain rod cover. Purchase a nylon curtain fabric to cover the rod. You can adjust the curtains to fit the height of your closet. You can place the hooks at any height up to 3 feet. And on either side of the door to hang items.
- Idea no 7: Add extra storage by installing shelves above your closet doors with baskets, baskets, or drawers that are long enough so that they do not obstruct the door opening when it is opened.
Idea no 8: Use a coat stand. After getting the coat stand, you can simply hang the coat on top of the stand and place other items next.
- Idea no 9: Use an area rug to create a wall accent by grouping all household items on one side of your closet.
- Idea no 10: Organize your closet with Pegs and Hooks.
After you get the peg, you continue with the following steps:
- Take a stud finder and locate the studs in your closet wall.
- Use a pencil to trace the inside of your closet rod onto the wall.
- Use a wood chisel to create holes for beginning to mount the hooks.
- Adding two or more hooks will help you save space and store more items at home.
After you finish hanging all the hooks, you continue with the following step:
- Hang your closet rod up and begin filling it with your clothes.
- Then, use a towel or rope to restrain the closet rod and hang your clothing.
- After you finish hanging the clothing, place the peg at a height convenient for you.
- Store all your items in the closet immediately.
This idea is how you can transform your bedroom look by creating room for more storage and organizing your closets.
6. Choose Ambient Lighting
Layering the lighting is a worth-trying idea. You can try using various sources like recessed lighting, bedside table lamps, or overhead lighting.
Here are the tips on how to choose the best lighting:
- Use lighting that comes with adjustable brightness and warmth.
- Minimize the clutter and wires.
- Layer the light sources by mixing overhead and task lighting.
5. Choose a More Soothing Color
Altering the color scheme of your bedroom can be a convenient way to add a facelift to your sleeping space. You might come up with bright color, which is perfectly fine. However, have you ever tried calm colors?
Calm colors like white, gray, or pastel blue can offer a soothing effect that can make you feel more relaxed.
Note that the natural light color paint will make the space feel airy during the day and warm at night. Consider using the same colors in your bedding and a few accents to present a clean, classic color palette.
4. Decorate The Fifth Wall
Many designers call the ceiling the fifth wall. Thus, if you ever think about embellishing the walls surrounding your bedroom, you should also consider this fifth wall.
The easiest way to revamp the ceiling is by painting it a different color than the walls. This way, you can accentuate it by displaying contrast, which becomes an instant appeal.
Position your bed close to the bright white walls and choose the same bright colors for the bed cover and pillow. Then, you can have the ceiling painted darker to earn the contrast you are trying to display.
What is the fifth wall?
It is a wall that is not part of the basic components of a room. There are various types of fifth walls, each with its characteristics.
- In a Theatre: It is located at the back of the stage and separates it from the auditorium. It produces an illusion to manipulate an audience’s perception of depth and distance from the scene on stage.
- In Photography: The fifth wall is part of four walls surrounding a staged space or room to create an illusion of appearing like a homeroom or a reallocation for photography purposes.
To decorate the fifth wall, you can:
- Paint it a different color than the walls.
- Add a picture of your family or pets to it.
- Create a different design, such as stripes, polka dots, circles, or squares, to make it eye-catching.
- Hang up a large mirror on the wall to make your bedroom look larger and brighter than before.
- Use light colors to mimic the sky and unexpectedly add depth to your room.
To acquire the fifth wall inside your bedroom, your instructions are:
- Step 1: Draw the lines on the wall to establish the shape of your fifth wall.
- Step 2: Place your bed in the center of the fifth wall.
- Step 3: Paint a lighter color, such as white, on your ceiling and baseboards.
- Step 4: Use bright paintings or photographs to contrast your light color for an interesting effect.
Extra: Use colorful furniture and throw pillows to add a touch of warmth to your bedroom.
3. Introduce An Accent Wall
An accent wall is one of the unique and easy ways to transform a bedroom layout. Thus, you can definitely introduce an accent wall with symmetrical touches to feel different.
If painting the wall yourself is impossible, there are lots of wallpaper you can choose and purchase.
Add also twin beds or playful table lamps to complete the design. Note, fit each item to create a beautiful match to your bedroom color scheme.
- You can acquire a new accent wall for your bedroom by painting the wall or applying new wallpaper.
- Symmetrical touches can apply to your head-to-foot bed configuration, where you position your bed on the right or left side of the room.
- Options to incorporate symmetrical touches are matching nightstands, rugs, lamps, and curtains.
- If the headboard is part of your bedroom décor, display it with a matching shade and texture as the rest of your bedroom.
- If you choose to position the bed on the right side of your bedroom, use a larger-than-life mirror with a stylish frame to balance your look.
- In case you decide on installing twin beds, choose matching nightstands for both sides.
Curtain Up Your Bedroom
There are many reasons to put up curtains in the bedroom window: blocking sunlight, decreasing noise, and hiding an unsightly view can be among them. Decorating with curtains can also make a room feel like yours, which is key to creating the right ambiance.
If you choose to go with decorative curtains, do not limit yourself to plain and simple ones. You can create an interesting effect for your bedroom with the right selection.
For ideas about curtain designs, look at modern or antique fabrics. Also, consider what colors would best match the color scheme of your bedroom wallpapers and accent pieces. For example, if you have a light tone wall color and a white bed cover, hang a thick draping curtain to create contrast.
If you have an earth tone color scheme, use large prints or bold colors to display your personality.
Depending on the layout of your room, choose patterns that will create a contemporary or traditional effect. For example, if you have a bed set up in the middle of your bedroom with a desk and closet on either side, use long curtain fabrics that drape down from the top to create visual interest.
2. Set Up A Console Table
Another best option to consider in transforming the bedroom look is adding a console table. A console table is highly functional to settle for traditional nightstands and some unique accessories like an oversized mirror, petite table lamp, and framed artwork. As you notice, you can even put your favorite books on it.
Lastly, number 1. Consider Versatile Bunk Beds
Instead of using an end ladder, a designer Cortney Bishop recommends placing a small staircase in the middle of the bunk beds. It offers an unexpected twist and a built-in look. The full beds underneath can be pulled out to allow for adding desks as the children grow up.
Versatile bunk beds are more suitable for families with more children. These beds help you save bedroom space. As in the picture, bright colors are preferable to create an airy and open space feel.
So, you can choose a new bedroom transformation from a simple one to a complex one like what we recommended here. It also depends on your taste and preference. But anyway, you do not need to be a professional designer or renovator to give your room a facelift. Whatever style you choose, it is always worth the money spent and effort to achieve a new look for your bedroom.
Also, Realize that your bedroom is where you spend about one-third of your life in a day. Your bedroom is where you live your most personal life, so it deserves your attention and care. It should be comfortable, welcoming, and supportive to your mind, body, and spirit.
All in all, there is nothing to worry about outdated bedroom space. Our 10 soft and simple bedroom look transformation that is still genius will inspire you on how to deal with your old bedroom. Well, have a fun project!