When things are limited, you cannot bound the function of an items. The storage spaces must be plenty for numerous purpose. Thus, choose your furniture carefully.
1. Use Area under the Stairs
Having a small space forces you to utilize every corner of the house. The area under the stairs is usually overlooked, due to its awkward and unsymmetrical shape. As long as it could store something, there must be a way to create something. Find some professional help to build some drawers under the stairs. If you want something bigger, ask for a wardrobe. You could put boxes of seasonal clothes in it, freeing spaces in the bedroom. (via diyhowto)
2. Stack Several Layers
Monotone color is the simplest way to get an impression of bigger space. However, layer could do similar trick with elegant way. Play with some contrasting color and patterns, providing some depth in your room. Pick some spots first, for example sofa and table. Cover the seat with patterned blanket, and double the cushion alternating from dark to light color. This principal also applies for the table. Go with your own experiment to match the contour, color and pattern. (via cokee)
3. Sneak Some Curves
Boxes in a limited space would be boring. To spice things up, give some options of curvy furniture. It will give new look and great accent to the room. Not only the furniture, you could also buy curvy vase, mirror, chair, and other interior decoration. If you love standing lamp in the corner, pick the one with rounded head. Let the rectangle carpet laid on the floor: it will serve as the boundary for your room. (via walmart)
4. Divide the Area
Small will be even smaller when the things inside is not organized well. Decide the purpose for each corner of the house. You can go to the store to purchase room divider screen if you want something aesthetic and classic look. Another option is to put the furniture as the divider. For example: putting sofa facing the television, separating it from working table just in front of it. Probably your wardrobe could help you sleep better without being noticed by your guests who are watching football game on TV. (via festivalsalsacali)
5. Take Multipurpose Furniture
When things are limited, you cannot bound the function of an items. The storage spaces must be plenty for numerous purpose. Thus, choose your furniture carefully. Make sure it could handle at least three purposes. For example, pick a bed with a drawer on head bed and front side. Let the under bed empty, so you could push in some baskets. If you are a couch potato, find a bed that could also serve as sofa or bunk bed. It will be extremely useful when having a sleepover. (via realivin)
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from December 2018 :
- 333 Small Kitchen ideas, Organization, and Kitchen Designs.
- Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8, Page 9, and Page 10.
- 100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area.
- Page 2, Page 3, and Page 4 .
- 45 Kitchen Remodel Ideas for People with Low-Budget Condition.
- 40 Bathroom Designs for across generations.
- 10 DIY Kitchen Cabinets Refacing Ideas.
- 10 Bathroom Remodel and Organizing Ideas Under $10k.
- 10 Bedroom Sets Idea for Small Space.
- 10 Bathroom Makeovers That Won’t Rob Your Fortune.
- 10 DIY Bedroom Storage Ideas.
- 10 Creative DIY Kitchen Countertop Ideas.
- 10 Small Bathroom Ideas for Small Property Owner.
- 10 Brilliant DIY Kitchen Cabinet Ideas.
- 10 Cute and Affordable Bathroom Decor Ideas.
- Japanese Home Design to Apply in Your Modern House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.