Rustic decor is favored because it blends well with both traditional and modern house designs. More on that later, now hold your breath for a while, pause 5 seconds later if you have to because you need your whole focus to read 5 Rustic decor ideas for small space by your one and only Simphome.com
1. Cart wheel or ship’s helm
Cart wheel or ship’s helm (steering wheel) is a rustic decorative element that can be applied to everything. You can mount an unused cart wheel or helm on the wall or design a circular window that looks like one. Smaller decorative elements, such as clock, mirror and table, can also adopt the shape of both objects. Cart wheel and ship’s helm have always been favorite rustic objects to be adopted by homeowners who wish to add a rustic atmosphere to their home. (via twitter and amazon)
2. Pallet table
Wood pallets are mostly discarded after use. You can reuse them to create rustic furniture at your home. Table is possibly the easiest furniture piece to make from pallet. You can disassemble the pallet and use the planks to make a new table or leave the pallet as it is and do some alterations to it to transform it into a fancy table. Wood pallet may look unsightly, but with some treatments, including sanding and varnishing, if needed, it will look attractive. (via upgradesigner)
3. Glass bottle vase
Rustic design is mostly about reusing what used to be garbage and transforming it into a functional and beautiful item. If you have some glass bottles scattered around, you can clean them and use them as flower vases. Attach them to a wood board using metal strap then mount the board on a wall. You can use board that is taken from wood pallet to enhance the rustic look of the vases. You can also hang the bottle using a plant hanger. (via colorsandcraft)
4. Ladder shelves
In a small room, shelves play an important role in reducing clutters. With more shelves, you will have more space to store your items. To make a rusty shelf in your room, mount an unused wooden ladder horizontally on the wall. You can put your books and other small items on it. If you prefer a hanging shelf, you can hang the ladder horizontally facing down using ropes or chains on the ceiling and put your kitchen utensils on it. (via designrulz)
5. Spool table
An old wooden spool for winding cable or rope can be reused as a table. Simply tumble down the spool so that it lies horizontally on floor and use its top as table and its inside as a rack for books and anything else. This multi-functional furniture piece will make your small room less cluttered although its size is relatively large. Don’t forget to sand the wood and varnish it to make it smoother and to prevent its wood splinters from hurting your hand. (via oresundscienceregion)
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from March 2019 :
- 100+ ideas How to Transform your Small bedroom into a Calming Sanctuary. (With Some Videos)
- 10 Small Space Ideas to Maximize Small Bedroom.
- 10 Pantry Storage and Organization Ideas.
- 10 DIY Modern Kitchen Cabinet Ideas and Storage.
- 10 Modern Bathrooms and DIY Improvement Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Storage Ideas.
- 10 DIY Shoe Bench Project Ideas.
- 10 Small Laundry Room Organization Ideas.
- 10 DIY Cabinet Ideas for Small Bedroom.
- 10 Smart Closet Organization Ideas.
- 10 Clever and Cheap Indoor Garden Ideas.
- 10 Cheap Cabinet Makeover Ideas for Limited Kitchen.
- 10 Bedroom Organization DIY for People with Limited Floor Space.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.