Rustic decor is favored because it blends well with both traditional and modern house designs. More on that later, now hold your breath for a while, pause 5 seconds later if you have to because you need your whole focus to read 5 Rustic decor ideas for small space by your one and only Simphome.com
1. Cart wheel or ship’s helm
Cart wheel or ship’s helm (steering wheel) is a rustic decorative element that can be applied to everything. You can mount an unused cart wheel or helm on the wall or design a circular window that looks like one. Smaller decorative elements, such as clock, mirror and table, can also adopt the shape of both objects. Cart wheel and ship’s helm have always been favorite rustic objects to be adopted by homeowners who wish to add a rustic atmosphere to their home. (via twitter and amazon)
2. Pallet table
Wood pallets are mostly discarded after use. You can reuse them to create rustic furniture at your home. Table is possibly the easiest furniture piece to make from pallet. You can disassemble the pallet and use the planks to make a new table or leave the pallet as it is and do some alterations to it to transform it into a fancy table. Wood pallet may look unsightly, but with some treatments, including sanding and varnishing, if needed, it will look attractive. (via upgradesigner)
3. Glass bottle vase
Rustic design is mostly about reusing what used to be garbage and transforming it into a functional and beautiful item. If you have some glass bottles scattered around, you can clean them and use them as flower vases. Attach them to a wood board using metal strap then mount the board on a wall. You can use board that is taken from wood pallet to enhance the rustic look of the vases. You can also hang the bottle using a plant hanger. (via colorsandcraft)
4. Ladder shelves
In a small room, shelves play an important role in reducing clutters. With more shelves, you will have more space to store your items. To make a rusty shelf in your room, mount an unused wooden ladder horizontally on the wall. You can put your books and other small items on it. If you prefer a hanging shelf, you can hang the ladder horizontally facing down using ropes or chains on the ceiling and put your kitchen utensils on it. (via designrulz)
5. Spool table
An old wooden spool for winding cable or rope can be reused as a table. Simply tumble down the spool so that it lies horizontally on floor and use its top as table and its inside as a rack for books and anything else. This multi-functional furniture piece will make your small room less cluttered although its size is relatively large. Don’t forget to sand the wood and varnish it to make it smoother and to prevent its wood splinters from hurting your hand. (via oresundscienceregion)
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.
Subscribe Our Newsletter and Follow Our Update !