Retro home décor for interior design clearly made a comeback in the last year or so. With bold colors to bring out retro’s appeal it is the time you need to try such inspiration for your living spaces. Simple and chic retro decoration is sometime can make a huge difference for any house and if you want to add retro style, it does not mean you need to go overboard with vivacious patterns and bright colors. That’s why; today we love to share some ideas about retro home design.
Retro Home Décor Endless Inspiration
First, consider the era that you want to apply for interiors. You need to dig to the past era when you want to take retro style for home décor and a lot of homeowners love to choose old furniture in mid 20th century which focuses on 30s to 60s, while there are some trends from 70s to 80s as well. Why you need to consider this? Because each era is have their own patterns and colors to choose for and of course you need to pick the one that match your style best. Second, never thrown away your old furniture or accessories for decoration pieces since they maybe will come back in fashion for your retro home décor ideas below:
1. Do not forget that lighting to illuminate the room in retro style
You have a lot of options when it comes with lighting that has retro feeling. Maybe you prefer the one which so popular back in 70s, the metal arc floor lamp with big lampshade that welcome everyone in the living room or maybe you want to have pendant fixtures instead with introduction of some aluminum into the wall? Whichever lighting fixtures that you may want to have for your retro style, you can find your favorite lighting manufacturers to see whether there is any lighting reproduction for the floor, walls, and ceiling. (via antiquefarmhouse)
2. Furniture should match the architecture
Make sure that the furniture you want to put inside the rooms match with the architecture of your house. Many homeowners let the architecture of their house to decide what kind of furniture they should have. This idea is perfect for those who want to have retro home décor with streamlined furniture to balance expansive views and windows. That’s why you can dig into history to find whether your favorite retro furniture will complement the architectural style. (via decorpad)
3. Diner style kitchen for interior design
When choosing inspiration for your kitchen interior, you can go with vintage retro home décor ideas to build diner style kitchen. Pick vintage kitchen furniture and appliances to incorporate 50s style of family diners with metallic finishes and a booth with high contrast colors to create the feeling of dining out at some local neighborhood. Add that pop art pieces with contrast colors in kitchen tiles and furniture mixed with pastel color or stainless steel appliances to enhance the retro feeling. (via hubpages)
4. Wonderful retro accessories
If you do not want to add full retro decoration in your house meaning that you just wanted to keep it subtle then you can go with retro accessories. Go with vintage metal tins then put it on the side table or popular 60s sunburst mirror on wall. There are lot of home accessories which make wonderful retro feeling, eclectic collections of dishware or retro clock, whatever you choose you can shopping those online or in the yard sale to find the best one. (via mkumodels)
5. High contrast colors and textile for the bedroom
You cannot say your house have the best retro home décor yet without high contrast colors that popular in 70s era such as orange, yellow, purple, green, and turquoise. You can apply those contrast colors inside the bedroom with some touch of lava lamps and prints in dynamic and bold shapes since many home designers love that thing as well. You also cannot forget some color pop pillows and velvet upholstered headboard to improve the retro taste in the bedroom. (via increiblefotos)
More Retro Home Décor Ideas!
We already shared some ideas for retro interior décor and now it is the time to go outside to décor your exterior as well and nothing can beat outdoor retro style porch. Heavy gauge steel or metal furniture with pastel hues are so gorgeous for the front porch and you can add more modern feeling with all-weather seat cushions in nice patterns such as polka dots, stripes, and floral. With those decoration charms, your diy retro home décor ideas are finally done.
Last but not least, if you cannot find specific era that would go well with the rest of your house then you can just pick your favorite colors for the sofa, appliances, wall artwork, and the lamp. You will be surprised that from a standalone color, you can build your own retro style inspiration. Anyway, we like to know what kind of retro decoration that inspires your home as well, share to us!
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!