You might have seen people turning a pallet into fabulous furnishings. Somebody even transformed it into a house, complete with furniture! It is mind-blowing and inexpensive.
But if you are not yet ready for a pallet house, you can start with a pallet bedroom first. We know it isn’t easy to decide where to start, what to make, and its design. Therefore, these following pallet bedroom sets and DIY project ideas will lead you to create the dream bedroom. For more detail, follow the Simphome link pasted inside the reference area.
In general, to start, your new pallet bed projects you need to:
- Measure your walls. If each pallet is 8’x4′, you’ll need four for one side and two for the other two.
- Use a table saw to cut off a few inches from the Top and Bottom of your boards (you can always trim more later). Remember, this will leave you with an upside-down diamond shape when done.
- Arrange your boards and use L brackets to secure them together at the top corner.
- Flip it over so that it looks like a bed frame on its head with about 6″ of space between each board for storage.
- Secure at the bottom corners.
- If you want, use a nail gun to attach the boards together at the Bottom on both sides.
- Turn the frame over and secure it with L brackets.
- If you didn’t use a nail gun, lift each end so that they don’t hold down wood against wood.
- Use your table saw to cut a board 45 degrees from each end of the frame (you can always trim more later).
- Use your table saw to make several 45-degree cuts in sections of thick wood about 2″ wide across your board. You can use shorter and longer boards for this step as well. All will be attached at these two ends for strength and stability.
9 Useful Ways to Repurpose Pallets:
Ways number 1: You can make a natural fermentation cradle at your home or in your garden.
Ways number 2: You can make pallet furniture such as tables, chairs, and shelves.
Ways number 3: You can also make a giant pallet ladder for children and adults to climb on.
Ways number 4: You can use pallet wood to build a trellis for gardening.
Ways number 5: Pallets are also used to build garden boxes for tomatoes and other vegetables.
Ways number 6: Also, you can even make a fire pit out of it using the bottom boards as the base and leftover boards as the lid.
Ways number 7: You can also make a planter box with pallets.
Ways number 8: You can even make your own table using pallet wood and some DIY ideas.
Ways number 9: And last but not least, you can even make a bench out of it so that you can sit on it while gardening, drawing, or doing other tasks.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor
- 10 DIY Wooden Couch Ideas
- 10 Wooden Furniture Ideas For Limited Living Room
- 10 Before and After Wooden Chair Makeover Projects
- 10 DIY Shoe Rack Project and Storage Ideas
- 12 DIY Multifunctional Furniture for Small Space Ideas
- 12 Folding Desk and Space-saving Ideas
- 20 DIY Outdoor Wooden Project Ideas
- 50 DIY Home Décor Wooden Projects
10. An Environmentally Friendly Bedroom Set Project Idea
Did you know that you can create a new pallet bedroom set as fun and straightforward as finishing a lego project? It, however, will save our jungle from over-exploitation.
Simply stuck some pallets into the preferred height to make a bed frame. At the same time, create some narrow under-bed storage for couples of thin stuff.
Lay a pallet next to the bed for a side table and consider covering the top with something so you can put small things on. The only furniture that needs a bit of work is the seating. This time you need to re-purpose the window shutter and new pallet.
To make the room more alive, install floral décor and LED lights on the bed frame or the headboard.
9. A Custom Headboard Project Idea
If you think your old headboard is way too dull, try pouring your creativity on the pallets. It can be simple letters like this, graffiti, or something more challenging like a mural.
Paint the pallet in contrast with the letter to pop the aesthetic value your bedroom probably needs. Some best color combinations are black and white, yellow and blue, beige and brown, and light pink and purple.
If necessary, layer the top with a new slat to re-purpose the area as a shelf section. Mount sconces on the headboard to reveal its beauty during the night or simply get string lights.
8. The DIY Pallet Dressing Table Idea
For a woman, a bedroom set is incomplete without a dressing table and a mirror. Luckily, pallets are outrageously versatile so that you can transform them into a unique vanity. The one in the picture is just one of many designs you can adopt. You can tell how DIY-able the furniture is just by seeing it.
To make this dressing table:
7. The New Make-up Shelf with a Mirror Project Idea
Some people, especially men, don’t use many accessories daily or require make-up process extensively. If you are not one of them, this project is fitting for you.
You can install your mirror on the platform by removing some slats and secure it back from behind. Then, using another cut of pallet, make the shelves next to the mirror. Coat it first with your preferred color when needed. Last, consider installing mirror lights on the top or left and right side for better visibility and decorative style.
6. The Effortless Closet Project Idea
The good thing is a new wardrobe made of pallets doesn’t have to be the same as a conventional piece of wardrobe with doors, shelves, and drawers. It can be just a simple open closet without doors, even a back cover.
Consequently, making this one is practical, and the assembly itself is easy. You only need to connect two pallets with thick and robust planks then install a rod. Once done, the surface offers new space for shoes, bags, and boxes for folded clothes. If necessary, you can add casters to move anywhere you want.
5. The Pallet Bedroom Project Idea with A unique Style
The entire furniture in the picture is made out of pallet wood, from the bed frame to the shelves. It consists of durable and strong pallet wood that can accommodate not only children but also adults. The author completed the idea with a table beneath that supports the bed and saves more space. It is functional as a second bed or primary one. Finished with enough room for new pallet boxes underneath the table or the mattress itself. Using an old headboard or other pallet wood, you can craft a new bench to serve guests.
4. The DIY Rustic Couch
This rustic project idea requires two pallets of identical size and posts. But you can customize the size to fit your space.
First, begin with smoothing the surface using sand, then cut the posts for the arms and legs. After making sure everything fits perfectly, continue assembling the frame. Last, create the cushion by covering the cutting foams with burlaps.
3. The Simple Bedside Table Idea
A bedroom ought to have a bedside table. So, never neglect it when embarking on a DIY project. Moreover, you can upcycle to build one and suit it with your need. This is another idea to try.
First, prepare two pallets just in case you need to eliminate some rotten slats. Next, decide the size you want and make two rectangular frames for the top and bottom. Next, attach every slat neatly onto the frames and left the front side uncovered. Last, add a shelf and a drawer.
2. A DIY Friendly Pallet Dresser
To create a rustic pallet look decoration, do a little makeover to the existing furniture. You can also apply this to change the particular part you don’t like from your current wooden dresser.
This one, for instance, got a new different look after the owner had replaced the drawers. Like him, you can do it by removing the front side of your drawer then attaching pallet slats.
They look great and leave some nail holes for your creative touch. If not, simply cover the unwanted holes using filler, then sand the surface. It is an easy DIY project that everybody can finish in a couple of hours.
Lastly, Number 1. The Master Storage Bed Project Idea
You might have collected a considerable number of pallets and have no idea what to build. To reduce the piles, try to make yourself busy with this particular project. The final product will give you a bed frame with roomy boxes underneath and a colossal headboard with storage.
The bed frame-making process and the headboard are similar to the bedside table we’ve talked about previously. You can construct the boxes by resembling crates with ropes as the pulls. If possible, cover your bedroom floor with pallet flooring or at least removable shiplap wallpaper. If not, floral wall arts or indoor plants would be sufficient to freshen the room to a different level of consciousness.
The idea of pallet projects is actually unlimited, but that’s all for now. Hopefully, one of those 10 pallet bedroom projects and DIY will inspire and refresh your mood. Remember to always consider the pallet quality before constructing your new piece of furniture, and good luck with that.
6. Mydesiredhome.com, Diypalletsprojects.com
5. Diypalletsprojects.com, 1001pallets.com