There’s nothing more difficult to decorate than a compact living room. And if you hate every moment that you live in it, then maybe those large, shin-bruising clunkers that you call ‘furniture’ are to blame. Efficient organization is the key to living in small spaces. You have to minimize clutter and ensure that you redo your furniture and décor pieces in a way that it maximizes your available space, or at least creates an illusion of it.
Today I have for you list of 20 Organization Projects and decoration for your small living room include with a relevant video you can enjoy. By the end of this post, I hope you will be teeming with décor ideas and mostly, a more functional and aesthetic living room.
FYI, when you browse number 17,14,10,7,2,1, you’ll find this symbol 🔊. That symbol means you need to watch this next video to find more detail. That is if you want to visit author link inside sub heading later or if you prefer learning through video.
If you have only small amount of time on your hand, I suggest you to skip this video and visit hyperlink instead.
Other Interesting topics with a relevant video like this that I can recommend for you:
- 20 Creative DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Small space
- 20 DIY Projects for anyone living in a Boring space
- 22 Home Curb appeal ideas
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage ideas that’ll keep clutter in check
- 20 Lit Small bedroom organizing ideas
- 20 Decor Projects that will upgrade your home
- 22 Useful Organizing Inspiration for Anyone Living in a Small Space
20 How To Make a 3-in-1 Upholstered Tray Bench
This upholstered tray bench can be repurposed from just about any unused wooden flat surface in your home, like a sewing bench, as this DIYer has done. And it is an incredibly versatile furniture piece that can be used as a bedside table, a lap desk or a seating surface.
All it takes is some 3” thick foam, a soft fabric for the upholstery and some hot glue. You can swap the regular foam for memory foam if the intended use is solely as a seating surface. If you will be using it more as a serving tray, then using a dark fabric will hide the occasional spill or two.
19. MID-CENTURY INSPIRED PLANT STAND DIY
This Mid-Century Inspired Plant Stand is minimalistic and sleek. More importantly, it requires zero woodworking skills. Some pre-cut wooden circles, three wooden dowels, L-brackets and some hot glue. You can then work on customizing the finish to your liking. The author recommends chalk paint and a good wood sealant. There’s so many ways in which you can personalize this. Add multiple circles, size up or size down, play with the height or make three of these in ascending lengths to create a cascading cluster of plant displays.
18. DIY Room Decor: How To Make A Steel Pipe Chandelier
Chandeliers need not always be ornate or decked with crystals. Here’s one with a rugged, chic look and its made from steel pipes. You can give it a coat of your favorite metallic color or just rust-protect it. It has disproportionate dimensions which further amplifies the barebones, industrial look. Pair it with retro-styled bulbs and you have the perfect complement for a farmhouse styled table or kitchen sink.
Do you love repurposing old stuff and using it for décor hacks? Have an old file holder lying unused? You can turn it into a floating wall storage unit. It can hold books, your remote control and other small essentials that can otherwise look ungainly. As always, I recommend that you add your own bit of signature customization to make it pop out. Pair it with a flower vase and you have an aesthetic and functional addition to your living room.
16. Combined your space with Open Bedroom idea
Whoever said that homes needed to have walls? Check out this micro-apartment design that neatly integrates the bedroom within the living room. Not only does it make the apartment look much bigger than it actually is, it also keeps things bright and airy by allowing unabridged airflow. At the same time, the bedroom looks like a separate portion entirely due to the elevated loft design. Perfect for the empty nesters or small nuclear families.
15. Garden DIY: Mounting a Staghorn Fern
Vertical farming has really taken off and it isn’t uncommon to find walls adorned with wall mounted indoor plants these days. If you have always wondered how to achieve the look, then here’s some inspiration for you. This DIY technique allows you to wall mount your favorite indoor plant. In this case, it’s a staghorn fern. But you can mount staghorn, bromeliads and epiphytes. I have even seen orchids mounted on the wall. Oh, all that it takes is a piece of old wood, the plant and some wet moss. Inexpensive but effective.
Indoor plant décor ideas continue to impress me and several other DIY bloggers. Here’s another very interesting one. Use some old photo frames to create a stylish greenhouse for your plants. While the basic idea is to create one that looks like a miniaturized green house, you can go one step ahead of the curve and experiment with shapes. Round, square, rectangle, whatever works. Put your arts and crafts experience to good use. The results can be stunning to say the least. (Play video to preview missing source of this list)
13.How to Make a Pretty DIY Window Privacy Screen
Curtains and drapes are so passé. Privacy screens are the order of the day and why buy off the shelves when you can customize them? This DIY tutorial shows you how to make a privacy screen that can be moved up or down or just removed altogether when you are craving for some extra solar energy. It’s a fun DIY activity and you can choose a sheer or a thicker fabric depending on the amount of diffused light that you wish to let into the room.
12. $25 SOFA TABLE TUTORIAL
When you are crunched for space and every square inch in the house is a premium, then you’ll love the practicality that this super sleek sofa table brings. It remains wedged in between the wall and the sofa, almost working like a headrest shelf for the sofa. You can park your wine glass as well as store books, flower vases or anything else that you need within arm’s reach. Certainly beats having to get up from the couch during your personal leisure lazing. As always, the sizing is just what best suited the author. You can always customize it to your liking.
11. Build hanging corner shelf
Corners are the most underutilized spaces in a house and they can be the perfect place for some additional storage. At the same time, they need not look frumpy as this hanging corner shelf design shows us. This is a very practical design that allows the shelves to be moved up or down if need be. Independent shelf brackets support the shelves, which can be used to store books or décor pieces. If this is the first time you are installing hanging shelves that can be moved up or down, then those channels are called ‘Standards’.
10. IKEA hack painting ideas 🔊
Sometimes, all it takes is a fresh paint of coat to restore a forlorn furniture piece. But we know what you are thinking. Sanding, priming, painting, it’s a chore that you’d best avoid. Here’s an easier solution. This IKEA painting hack allows you to quick-paint your favorite furniture piece without sanding or priming it. All that it takes is two coats of any milk or chalk paint and a coat of sealant to protect it. Gives the furniture a vintage look. You can sand it slightly (completely optional), if you wish to achieve a distressed look. Pair it with brass hardware to complete the hack. Cheap and effective. More about IKEA makeover is here, here, and here.
9. DIY Leather and Brass Teardrop Hanging Planter
This leather and brass teardrop hanging planter draws inspiration from the Himmeli geometric structures that are a rage with interior designers, particularly in contemporary décor themes. Some brass tubing, a leather strap and a planter of your choice, you are all set to create this teardrop planter.
As always, customization is only limited by your imagination. There are umpteen ways to add your personal touch. Spray color the tube, fiddle with the geometric shape or just go contrasting with the leather strap. Like everything Himmeli, you’d be spending a fair amount of time creating the shape. But in the end, it will be a refreshing change from the normal planters.
8. Convert Bookcases into Built-Ins
Bookcases bring balance and symmetry to a room, especially if there are two of them flanking your center piece, like a television for instance. With this DIY hack, you can convert them into a built in case instead that looks like a seamless extension of your wall. It looks like an expensive bespoke furniture piece and is an easy weekend project that can be completed in a few dedicated hours. Ensure that you get the measurements right before you begin procuring the materials needed for the remodel.
This simple leaning desk has clean lines and an almost geometric design that saves space and looks equally good. It has a thick, flat desktop surface for a work desk or for a study desk for kids. You can customize the height depending on the type of chair you have or just use it as a walking desk instead. Most importantly, the manual is straightforward and will cost less than $50 with the finish and stain. That’s much lesser than what a similar desk would cost at IKEA or any other retail outlet.
6. wall of bookshelves
What’s better than a conventional bookshelf or a built-in one? It’s a wall full of floating shelves that to neatly flaunt your books. We love floating shelves and this one creates perfectly aligned rows and columns of shelving that can even accommodate your décor pieces. Creating it is as easy as buying (or DIYing) pre-cut shelves, and hanging them on the wall. The instructions are given to the minutest detail.
5. An engaging reading Corner
How do you create the perfect reading corner in a room? Well, for starters, it needs to be well lit. So, a corner next to the window is the perfect position. You can use sheer curtains to diffuse the lights or drapes if you wish to cut it out completely for a mid-read nap. Use a corner shelf or a floating bookshelf so that you have your books handy at all times.
A compact sofa or a lounge chaise with plush armrests will keep you good company. For the night owls, there’s the option to add a ground lamp which can be blended with either the couch or the curtain upholstery to create harmony. And if you are too bored to rack your brains too much, then here’s everything on a platter for you.
4. DIY Geometric Bowls
These DIY Geometric bowls might appear too arts and craftsy to some. But it solves one of the biggest challenges one faces in a home. Organizing the tiny things. Things that tend to disappear into thin air. And these are so easy to make that we wonder why anybody wouldn’t want a few on their desk.Office supplies, jewelry, hair clips, there are tons of things that can be stored in these. You’ll be glad that you made one.
P.S. You can download the template and just cut it out according to the instructions. That’s a no-brainer.
3. DIY 3 D Mirrors – Diamonds for your walls
This is one of my personal favorites. These diamond-shaped 3D mirror decorative art, reflects light and makes the room appear bigger than it is. It can be used just about anywhere in the house from the living room to the bathroom.
You can even club it with a floating shelf or an indoor plant to create a cool reflective effect. Remember that amazing rain cloud smart light that we shared with you? Hang it right above this for an amazing array of reflections in a dark room. The idea will give you sense of achievement without breaking your bank.
I have enough of indoor plants and decorative planters for a while. Here’s something that looks equally good but is super low on maintenance. This is the 3D Floral Wall art that’s incredibly fun to make. All you need is a bunch of faux florals and a 3D art canvas. With your focus, you should have a 3D floral bouquet in less than 10 minutes. I assume it will looks great on any wall.
Tip: You can even use the florals to create a 3D tiara on your favorite photo. Just cut the floral at the bud and hot glue it to the photos.
1. DIY Shadow Box 🔊
Here’s a little DIY tutorial for a coffee/side table with its own shadow box. The shadow box has an openable lid that can be made of heavy duty glass and a sufficiently deep compartment that can be used for décor or for storage. And despite looking like a cumbersome project, this tutorial makes it so easy even for beginner woodworkers. If you have an old coffee table that can do with a fresh lease of life, then go ahead and convert it into a shadow boxed one right now.
That’s it folks. How’d that go?
I hope to see some comments and suggestions as well of how these turned out for you.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having small bathroom and also bedroom needn’t no worries since there are some space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you can use! When others are busily thinking on how to expand the size of those rooms, you can simply make yourself busy in beautifying the house in “almost” no time and no cost. The point of these 10 creative ideas is to make sure that small size can still have loads of meaning. They can still have bedroom and also bathroom that are clean, neat, and also tidy.
Here I am going to leak some of those space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom for all of you. When you need more space to hang your jacket and coat but there is no, the room can turn to be a whole mess. Thus, you need specific place to hang it. What you will need is not going to be much since it takes most of those essential things you have already had at home. When you need places to hang jackets, you can create your own DIY organizer by using some hangers. It needs no cost and no time to make it done.
Piles of books can also turn your bedroom into a mess when you aren’t capable of making it neater. You need to do something to make your own bookshelf. Although you might not a handyman or craftsman, you can still do it on your own way and style. What you will need is only a pallet and you need to prepare nails, saw, and also hammer. This is the easiest and the most effective way to create bookshelf based on the size that you need. Keep on reading if you want to know eight other inspiring ideas about space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you have never expected to exist! Click here/hyperlink to get more information!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Small bedroom decorating ideas are a list of those inspiring ideas related to how to decorate a small bedroom that you have in a nice and pleasing way. Having limited space of the bedroom doesn’t always guarantee that you will have cramped and also uncomfortable. It doesn’t always go the same way though. In fact, half of the total population who have limited space can still enjoy it and even they can find comfort from what they have. What people need to keep in mind is that efficiency is the key of everything. Whatever you are going to do can be solved when you pay attention about the efficiency.
Apparently, there are some ways that people can do in order to transform the whole bedroom into a cozy and comfortable place. When you have changed the entire look of your bedroom, you can compare the before and after process and which one you like better. Here is the complete guide about the 10 methods of how to decorate your small bedroom to be more appealing and also more attractive. What do these small bedroom decorating ideas provide? Of course you will be able to store those tiny stuffs that you have. There is one way that you can do to overcome this. It is by making corner shelves.
Corner shelves can be installed in your small bedroom since it can manage to hold some books, flower pots, photo framers, toys figurines, miniatures items, and many more. You can even make it by yourself based on the size that you would like to have, the color, the material, and even the place that you wish you could hang it in. Most of the time, people put too much attention on how to buy expensive things to improve the value of their bedroom, in fact something beautiful doesn’t have to be expensive as long as you know what to do. Thus, for more information you can click this link for the complete methods in decorating include shabby.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.