Nautical theme has always been favorite interior design theme for a lot of people even though their house might not near any beach. If you want to apply this theme inside your house, it is actually very easy since you could use nautical home décor to do so. Even with a little decoration, you could change your room to be better and feel like a beach house. Start with something simple to do and see if it suits your taste. Then you can move to bigger decoration to completely change your house into those coastal homes you always dream of.
Nautical Home Décor Inspiration to Create Pretty Coastal House Design
1. Use blue and white color
A signature color of nautical themed interior design is the use of blue and white color. Those colors represent the blue sea and the white sand which is very beautiful. Then you can use those colors all around the room to apply the beach feeling inside your house. Do not forget that you need to keep those two color balanced so if you use blue background then use lots of white items and vice versa. You can apply the style not only in your living room but also your bedroom, kitchen, and even dining room. (via amberyin)
2. Use fish scale tile
If you have some areas that need tiles, then try to find tile with fish scale pattern. The color of the tiles does not need to be in white and blue since it could be anything from aquamarine to crème sand color. The most common place that you could use those scale is in your bathroom, both on the wall or on the flooring will do for nautical home décor. Another place that you could apply the tile is on the kitchen backsplash or on the fireplace. (via cuttingedgestencils)
3. Hang old map on the wall
To absorb old nautical time when people still explore the world to find new island, you can hung old nautical map on the wall. But if you could not find old map then any map will do. Try to frame the map if you can, or just attach them directly on the wall. There are also some old map paintings that you could use as nautical home décor. You can place the map anywhere around the house, most common would be on your living room but you can also use it on the bedroom or even dining room. (via etsy)
4. Sailing boat miniature
Sailing boat is an icon of nautical theme room, which is why you must try to use some sailing boat miniature as part of your nautical home décor items. The sailing boat could be big if you have room to place it but if you do not have that much space, then small miniature which you could put on the shelf is enough. It could be old sailing boat with wooden color, or modern sailing boat with white color. Just choose sailing boat style which suitable with your room color scheme. (via oliviadecor)
5. Wooden material
Nautical theme also suitable with wooden material, so you can use a lot of wooden brown tone on your beach themed room. If you have wooden structure ceiling, you do not need to get rid of it since it is already suitable with your coastal theme. If you lack of wooden material, then you can use it on your furniture such as seating, table, bed and many others. Then you can add several nautical home décor that we have mention above to your room and complete the design. (via elledecor)
6. Small decoration
Easiest way to create beach themed house is to spread small decoration around the house. Whether it is wall art, craft or even painting that you could hung on the wall, some accessories that you could put on top of your tables, or even other useful accessories which has specific function. Choose those small decorations that has nautical theme, and then you will be able to create coastal house easily. However you must spread that nautical home décor evenly around the house and not just pile them on one corner since it will make them unbalanced and weird to see. (via tnfjackets)
Tips in Creating Your Dream Beach Themed House
If you want to create the perfect beach themed house, then you should try to pay attention towards the detail. Mix and match each nautical home décor so you could find the perfect balance on each room inside your house. But do not overdo in using the decoration since it will be too much and people will feel suffocated from it. That rule also applied for the blue and white color since if you are not be careful you may use too much blue color which make the room become blue room instead of nautical room, so balance is really the key to create your dream nautical house.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Subscribe Our Newsletter and Follow Our Update !