Nautical theme has always been favorite interior design theme for a lot of people even though their house might not near any beach. If you want to apply this theme inside your house, it is actually very easy since you could use nautical home décor to do so. Even with a little decoration, you could change your room to be better and feel like a beach house. Start with something simple to do and see if it suits your taste. Then you can move to bigger decoration to completely change your house into those coastal homes you always dream of.
Nautical Home Décor Inspiration to Create Pretty Coastal House Design
1. Use blue and white color
A signature color of nautical themed interior design is the use of blue and white color. Those colors represent the blue sea and the white sand which is very beautiful. Then you can use those colors all around the room to apply the beach feeling inside your house. Do not forget that you need to keep those two color balanced so if you use blue background then use lots of white items and vice versa. You can apply the style not only in your living room but also your bedroom, kitchen, and even dining room. (via amberyin)
2. Use fish scale tile
If you have some areas that need tiles, then try to find tile with fish scale pattern. The color of the tiles does not need to be in white and blue since it could be anything from aquamarine to crème sand color. The most common place that you could use those scale is in your bathroom, both on the wall or on the flooring will do for nautical home décor. Another place that you could apply the tile is on the kitchen backsplash or on the fireplace. (via cuttingedgestencils)
3. Hang old map on the wall
To absorb old nautical time when people still explore the world to find new island, you can hung old nautical map on the wall. But if you could not find old map then any map will do. Try to frame the map if you can, or just attach them directly on the wall. There are also some old map paintings that you could use as nautical home décor. You can place the map anywhere around the house, most common would be on your living room but you can also use it on the bedroom or even dining room. (via etsy)
4. Sailing boat miniature
Sailing boat is an icon of nautical theme room, which is why you must try to use some sailing boat miniature as part of your nautical home décor items. The sailing boat could be big if you have room to place it but if you do not have that much space, then small miniature which you could put on the shelf is enough. It could be old sailing boat with wooden color, or modern sailing boat with white color. Just choose sailing boat style which suitable with your room color scheme. (via oliviadecor)
5. Wooden material
Nautical theme also suitable with wooden material, so you can use a lot of wooden brown tone on your beach themed room. If you have wooden structure ceiling, you do not need to get rid of it since it is already suitable with your coastal theme. If you lack of wooden material, then you can use it on your furniture such as seating, table, bed and many others. Then you can add several nautical home décor that we have mention above to your room and complete the design. (via elledecor)
6. Small decoration
Easiest way to create beach themed house is to spread small decoration around the house. Whether it is wall art, craft or even painting that you could hung on the wall, some accessories that you could put on top of your tables, or even other useful accessories which has specific function. Choose those small decorations that has nautical theme, and then you will be able to create coastal house easily. However you must spread that nautical home décor evenly around the house and not just pile them on one corner since it will make them unbalanced and weird to see. (via tnfjackets)
Tips in Creating Your Dream Beach Themed House
If you want to create the perfect beach themed house, then you should try to pay attention towards the detail. Mix and match each nautical home décor so you could find the perfect balance on each room inside your house. But do not overdo in using the decoration since it will be too much and people will feel suffocated from it. That rule also applied for the blue and white color since if you are not be careful you may use too much blue color which make the room become blue room instead of nautical room, so balance is really the key to create your dream nautical house.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having small bathroom and also bedroom needn’t no worries since there are some space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you can use! When others are busily thinking on how to expand the size of those rooms, you can simply make yourself busy in beautifying the house in “almost” no time and no cost. The point of these 10 creative ideas is to make sure that small size can still have loads of meaning. They can still have bedroom and also bathroom that are clean, neat, and also tidy.
Here I am going to leak some of those space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom for all of you. When you need more space to hang your jacket and coat but there is no, the room can turn to be a whole mess. Thus, you need specific place to hang it. What you will need is not going to be much since it takes most of those essential things you have already had at home. When you need places to hang jackets, you can create your own DIY organizer by using some hangers. It needs no cost and no time to make it done.
Piles of books can also turn your bedroom into a mess when you aren’t capable of making it neater. You need to do something to make your own bookshelf. Although you might not a handyman or craftsman, you can still do it on your own way and style. What you will need is only a pallet and you need to prepare nails, saw, and also hammer. This is the easiest and the most effective way to create bookshelf based on the size that you need. Keep on reading if you want to know eight other inspiring ideas about space saving ideas for small bathroom and bedroom you have never expected to exist! Click here/hyperlink to get more information!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Small bedroom decorating ideas are a list of those inspiring ideas related to how to decorate a small bedroom that you have in a nice and pleasing way. Having limited space of the bedroom doesn’t always guarantee that you will have cramped and also uncomfortable. It doesn’t always go the same way though. In fact, half of the total population who have limited space can still enjoy it and even they can find comfort from what they have. What people need to keep in mind is that efficiency is the key of everything. Whatever you are going to do can be solved when you pay attention about the efficiency.
Apparently, there are some ways that people can do in order to transform the whole bedroom into a cozy and comfortable place. When you have changed the entire look of your bedroom, you can compare the before and after process and which one you like better. Here is the complete guide about the 10 methods of how to decorate your small bedroom to be more appealing and also more attractive. What do these small bedroom decorating ideas provide? Of course you will be able to store those tiny stuffs that you have. There is one way that you can do to overcome this. It is by making corner shelves.
Corner shelves can be installed in your small bedroom since it can manage to hold some books, flower pots, photo framers, toys figurines, miniatures items, and many more. You can even make it by yourself based on the size that you would like to have, the color, the material, and even the place that you wish you could hang it in. Most of the time, people put too much attention on how to buy expensive things to improve the value of their bedroom, in fact something beautiful doesn’t have to be expensive as long as you know what to do. Thus, for more information you can click this link for the complete methods in decorating include shabby.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.