Nautical theme has always been favorite interior design theme for a lot of people even though their house might not near any beach. If you want to apply this theme inside your house, it is actually very easy since you could use nautical home décor to do so. Even with a little decoration, you could change your room to be better and feel like a beach house. Start with something simple to do and see if it suits your taste. Then you can move to bigger decoration to completely change your house into those coastal homes you always dream of.
Nautical Home Décor Inspiration to Create Pretty Coastal House Design
1. Use blue and white color
A signature color of nautical themed interior design is the use of blue and white color. Those colors represent the blue sea and the white sand which is very beautiful. Then you can use those colors all around the room to apply the beach feeling inside your house. Do not forget that you need to keep those two color balanced so if you use blue background then use lots of white items and vice versa. You can apply the style not only in your living room but also your bedroom, kitchen, and even dining room. (via amberyin)
2. Use fish scale tile
If you have some areas that need tiles, then try to find tile with fish scale pattern. The color of the tiles does not need to be in white and blue since it could be anything from aquamarine to crème sand color. The most common place that you could use those scale is in your bathroom, both on the wall or on the flooring will do for nautical home décor. Another place that you could apply the tile is on the kitchen backsplash or on the fireplace. (via cuttingedgestencils)
3. Hang old map on the wall
To absorb old nautical time when people still explore the world to find new island, you can hung old nautical map on the wall. But if you could not find old map then any map will do. Try to frame the map if you can, or just attach them directly on the wall. There are also some old map paintings that you could use as nautical home décor. You can place the map anywhere around the house, most common would be on your living room but you can also use it on the bedroom or even dining room. (via etsy)
4. Sailing boat miniature
Sailing boat is an icon of nautical theme room, which is why you must try to use some sailing boat miniature as part of your nautical home décor items. The sailing boat could be big if you have room to place it but if you do not have that much space, then small miniature which you could put on the shelf is enough. It could be old sailing boat with wooden color, or modern sailing boat with white color. Just choose sailing boat style which suitable with your room color scheme. (via oliviadecor)
5. Wooden material
Nautical theme also suitable with wooden material, so you can use a lot of wooden brown tone on your beach themed room. If you have wooden structure ceiling, you do not need to get rid of it since it is already suitable with your coastal theme. If you lack of wooden material, then you can use it on your furniture such as seating, table, bed and many others. Then you can add several nautical home décor that we have mention above to your room and complete the design. (via elledecor)
6. Small decoration
Easiest way to create beach themed house is to spread small decoration around the house. Whether it is wall art, craft or even painting that you could hung on the wall, some accessories that you could put on top of your tables, or even other useful accessories which has specific function. Choose those small decorations that has nautical theme, and then you will be able to create coastal house easily. However you must spread that nautical home décor evenly around the house and not just pile them on one corner since it will make them unbalanced and weird to see. (via tnfjackets)
Tips in Creating Your Dream Beach Themed House
If you want to create the perfect beach themed house, then you should try to pay attention towards the detail. Mix and match each nautical home décor so you could find the perfect balance on each room inside your house. But do not overdo in using the decoration since it will be too much and people will feel suffocated from it. That rule also applied for the blue and white color since if you are not be careful you may use too much blue color which make the room become blue room instead of nautical room, so balance is really the key to create your dream nautical house.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.