Every homeowner will do anything to make their home become the most comfortable place to dwell in. Thus, some of them regularly experimenting new home makeover project to make their home comfier as well as pleasing and inspiring.
Today, you’re going to learn another inspiring project samples dedicated for those seeking for modern style home improvement. This is 10 modern home makeover ideas by Simphome.com. Let’s begin our countdown.
10. A Minimalist Bookshelf storage idea
If you want to add a little bit of modern touch in the existing décor of your home, you can begin with adding a piece of less fussy furniture, just like this simple bookshelf.
As you can see here, this shelf is basic and barely showcase any decorative element.
It does not mean you can’t use it for decorative purposes, though. The absence of sophisticated accents and curves has made it a perfect choice to utilize modern style home makeover.
To follow this idea, you can repurpose wooden crate or treat pine plywood from home depot. After you acquire your main material include your measurement and metal frame from overstock or anywhere else, grab some stain and polyacrylic for the finishing touch.
9. Mix and Match
Many people think that if you want to swap the old style of your home for a more modern style, going with monochromatic color hues is the key. Well, that’s not quite true. You can still add a few other colors as long as they add a personality boost to your space.
Mixing and matching furniture and colors is a common way to embellish your living room. However, you have to keep in mind that everything should remain simple as it is a modern style choice.
This living room, for example, composes different colour hues like seaweed, gray, and burnt orange. Although it doesn’t feature monochromatic colors, the modern style can still be seen from the clean-lined furniture and the absence of window treatments.
8. Invest in Minimalist Wall-Mounted Shelves
Being minimalist does not mean that you have to give up your creativity in adorning your living room. Instead of making a wall-mounted shelf that is a dime a dozen, try making these honeycomb shelves.
To make these shelves, you will need some wood planks that have been cut in 30-degree angle, sandpaper, wood glue, staple gun, and the wood finish that you like. Once the pieces are ready, you can assemble them to form a hexagon. Attach the pieces using wood glue, and reinforce the joints using staple gun or screws.
7. Be Creative with your Lighting Fixture
Another easy home makeover that you can do to renew your décor choice this weekend is by replacing the lighting of your living room. Lighting fixture is not just about shedding some light to the space and eradicate darkness. It is also about style.
For a modern style, you should skip installing crystal or antler chandeliers that entail fussy design. Keep the light simple or minimally encased but still aesthetically pleasing, just like these pendant lights. It cost little space and the design itself mimic the shape of the side table legs, bringing a sense of unity.
6. an Open Concept Kitchen idea
Open concept kitchen may ring a bell to you as it is not a new thing anymore. This idea is widely used in contemporary or modern homes due to its minimalist style.
The concept is simple. You only need to get rid of any barrier like doors or walls that separates one room with another, and fill it with furniture pieces or clean-lined cabinets.
This kitchen, for example, loose its barriers that separate it with the living room and dining room, expanding the space immensely and making the design look simpler and direct. Big windows and lots of natural light give extra light to the room and lowers power consumption. That’s positive thing you need to reconsider if you plan to skip this idea.
10 DIY Bedroom Furniture Sets You Can Try at Home
10 Limited Budget Bedroom Set Ideas
10 Modern Small Kitchen Makeover ideas
10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas
10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas
5. Invest in Furniture with Sleek Surface and Clean-Lined Edges
The point of a modern kitchen is the use of sleek and clean lined furniture. Everything has to be kept down to a minimum. Therefore, make sure your kitchen doesn’t have any trims. Just like sample image in this post.
If your kitchen space right now is completed with a hanging shelving over your kitchen island, remove them, and re-optimize your kitchen cabinet to store kitchen utensil you usually hang outside.
4. Keep your Floorspace Clean
Do you want to make your small bathroom look modern? This is my next recommendation. Accommodate your bathroom with mirrors and eradicate any sophisticated furniture (if any). and replace it with simpler one.
This small bathroom for example. Look minimalist but still stylist with a built-in shelf that isn’t mounted outward, which creates more space in this bathroom. The sliding mirrors do a double duty well and a vanity that is mounted on the wall give extra space which expands the bathroom storage capacity to a whole new level.
3. Bring in Neutral Colour Palette
Neutral colour palette is a familiar item used to enrich a modern style bedroom. And it usually comes with white wall or white hues which are versatile and compatible with any colour palette and choice.
This bedroom, for instance, is decorated with neutral colour palette like white, beige, and grey, which makes it look simple but is still elegant. The furniture features simple designs with minimal to none curvy edges or fancy carving. And on the floor, you’ll find a soft beige carpet assemble from a furry or a simple-style Persian rug.
2. Let Natural Light basks your Room
One of the most common elements in a modern bedroom is large windows. If you like this idea but struggle with your space, trick your problem with floor-to-ceiling windows. Next, take down your wall art (if you have any) and let your room enjoy more empty space.
Also, avoid installing fancy shades, blinds, shutters, multi-colour or ombre curtain. Keep it simple and if you are worried about the glare of the sun or prying eyes, you can change your windows glass with smart glass or regular window shade.
Lastly number 1, Keep your design Simple
Is a modern style always about sleek design? Well, not really actually. Incorporating natural element like wooden floor and walls can also make your modern bedroom look epic too.
This bedroom for instance is a product resulted from a combination of modern and rustic style décor choice. The use of simple clear-cut wall-mounted bed and cabinet denote the modern style and the vibrant red hue makes a great accent wall for the modern backdrop perfectly.
So now you know that altering your home style into a modern style is not that hard. By implementing these modern home makeover ideas, you’ll get the style with ease.
Source of List:
10. A Minimalist Bookshelf storage idea | How Does She
9. Mix and Match | Room and Board
8. Invest in Minimalist Wall-Mounted Shelves | How Does She
7. Be Creative with your Lighting Fixture | The Spruce | Zr Architects
6. an Open Concept Kitchen idea | Cow Hide Outlet
5. Invest in Furniture with Sleek Surface and Clean-Lined Edges | Design Like
4. Keep your Floorspace Clean | Guru Decor
3. Bring in Neutral Colour Palette | Room and Board
2. Let Natural Light basks your Room | The Spruce | Photo by IvanWuPl via iStockphoto
1. Keep your design Simple | The Spruce | Photo by virtua73 via Fotolia.
Our Recommended List Archived from March 2019 :
- 100+ ideas How to Transform your Small bedroom into a Calming Sanctuary. (With Some Videos)
- 10 Small Space Ideas to Maximize Small Bedroom.
- 10 Pantry Storage and Organization Ideas.
- 10 DIY Modern Kitchen Cabinet Ideas and Storage.
- 10 Modern Bathrooms and DIY Improvement Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Storage Ideas.
- 10 DIY Shoe Bench Project Ideas.
- 10 Small Laundry Room Organization Ideas.
- 10 DIY Cabinet Ideas for Small Bedroom.
- 10 Smart Closet Organization Ideas.
- 10 Clever and Cheap Indoor Garden Ideas.
- 10 Cheap Cabinet Makeover Ideas for Limited Kitchen.
- 10 Bedroom Organization DIY for People with Limited Floor Space.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.