Every homeowner will do anything to make their home become the most comfortable place to dwell in. Thus, some of them regularly experimenting new home makeover project to make their home comfier as well as pleasing and inspiring.
Today, you’re going to learn another inspiring project samples dedicated for those seeking for modern style home improvement. This is 10 modern home makeover ideas by Simphome.com. Let’s begin our countdown.
And FYI, it comes with next relevant video that you can share or watch together with anyone inside your social media circle.
10. A Minimalist Bookshelf storage idea
If you want to add a little bit of modern touch in the existing décor of your home, you can begin with adding a piece of less fussy furniture, just like this simple bookshelf.
As you can see here, this shelf is basic and barely showcase any decorative element.
It does not mean you can’t use it for decorative purposes, though. The absence of sophisticated accents and curves has made it a perfect choice to utilize modern style home makeover.
To follow this idea, you can repurpose wooden crate or treat pine plywood from home depot. After you acquire your main material include your measurement and metal frame from overstock or anywhere else, grab some stain and polyacrylic for the finishing touch.
9. Mix and Match
Many people think that if you want to swap the old style of your home for a more modern style, going with monochromatic color hues is the key. Well, that’s not quite true. You can still add a few other colors as long as they add a personality boost to your space.
Mixing and matching furniture and colors is a common way to embellish your living room. However, you have to keep in mind that everything should remain simple as it is a modern style choice.
This living room, for example, composes different colour hues like seaweed, gray, and burnt orange. Although it doesn’t feature monochromatic colors, the modern style can still be seen from the clean-lined furniture and the absence of window treatments.
8. Invest in Minimalist Wall-Mounted Shelves
Being minimalist does not mean that you have to give up your creativity in adorning your living room. Instead of making a wall-mounted shelf that is a dime a dozen, try making these honeycomb shelves.
To make these shelves, you will need some wood planks that have been cut in 30-degree angle, sandpaper, wood glue, staple gun, and the wood finish that you like. Once the pieces are ready, you can assemble them to form a hexagon. Attach the pieces using wood glue, and reinforce the joints using staple gun or screws.
7. Be Creative with your Lighting Fixture
Another easy home makeover that you can do to renew your décor choice this weekend is by replacing the lighting of your living room. Lighting fixture is not just about shedding some light to the space and eradicate darkness. It is also about style.
For a modern style, you should skip installing crystal or antler chandeliers that entail fussy design. Keep the light simple or minimally encased but still aesthetically pleasing, just like these pendant lights. It cost little space and the design itself mimic the shape of the side table legs, bringing a sense of unity.
6. an Open Concept Kitchen idea
Open concept kitchen may ring a bell to you as it is not a new thing anymore. This idea is widely used in contemporary or modern homes due to its minimalist style.
The concept is simple. You only need to get rid of any barrier like doors or walls that separates one room with another, and fill it with furniture pieces or clean-lined cabinets.
This kitchen, for example, loose its barriers that separate it with the living room and dining room, expanding the space immensely and making the design look simpler and direct. Big windows and lots of natural light give extra light to the room and lowers power consumption. That’s positive thing you need to reconsider if you plan to skip this idea.
10 DIY Bedroom Furniture Sets You Can Try at Home
10 Limited Budget Bedroom Set Ideas
10 Modern Small Kitchen Makeover ideas
10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas
10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas
5. Invest in Furniture with Sleek Surface and Clean-Lined Edges
The point of a modern kitchen is the use of sleek and clean lined furniture. Everything has to be kept down to a minimum. Therefore, make sure your kitchen doesn’t have any trims. Just like sample image in this post.
If your kitchen space right now is completed with a hanging shelving over your kitchen island, remove them, and re-optimize your kitchen cabinet to store kitchen utensil you usually hang outside.
4. Keep your Floorspace Clean
Do you want to make your small bathroom look modern? This is my next recommendation. Accommodate your bathroom with mirrors and eradicate any sophisticated furniture (if any). and replace it with simpler one.
This small bathroom for example. Look minimalist but still stylist with a built-in shelf that isn’t mounted outward, which creates more space in this bathroom. The sliding mirrors do a double duty well and a vanity that is mounted on the wall give extra space which expands the bathroom storage capacity to a whole new level.
3. Bring in Neutral Colour Palette
Neutral colour palette is a familiar item used to enrich a modern style bedroom. And it usually comes with white wall or white hues which are versatile and compatible with any colour palette and choice.
This bedroom, for instance, is decorated with neutral colour palette like white, beige, and grey, which makes it look simple but is still elegant. The furniture features simple designs with minimal to none curvy edges or fancy carving. And on the floor, you’ll find a soft beige carpet assemble from a furry or a simple-style Persian rug.
2. Let Natural Light basks your Room
One of the most common elements in a modern bedroom is large windows. If you like this idea but struggle with your space, trick your problem with floor-to-ceiling windows. Next, take down your wall art (if you have any) and let your room enjoy more empty space.
Also, avoid installing fancy shades, blinds, shutters, multi-colour or ombre curtain. Keep it simple and if you are worried about the glare of the sun or prying eyes, you can change your windows glass with smart glass or regular window shade.
Lastly number 1, Keep your design Simple
Is a modern style always about sleek design? Well, not really actually. Incorporating natural element like wooden floor and walls can also make your modern bedroom look epic too.
This bedroom for instance is a product resulted from a combination of modern and rustic style décor choice. The use of simple clear-cut wall-mounted bed and cabinet denote the modern style and the vibrant red hue makes a great accent wall for the modern backdrop perfectly.
So now you know that altering your home style into a modern style is not that hard. By implementing these modern home makeover ideas, you’ll get the style with ease.
Source of List:
10. A Minimalist Bookshelf storage idea | How Does She
9. Mix and Match | Room and Board
8. Invest in Minimalist Wall-Mounted Shelves | How Does She
7. Be Creative with your Lighting Fixture | The Spruce | Zr Architects
6. an Open Concept Kitchen idea | Cow Hide Outlet
5. Invest in Furniture with Sleek Surface and Clean-Lined Edges | Design Like
4. Keep your Floorspace Clean | Guru Decor
3. Bring in Neutral Colour Palette | Room and Board
2. Let Natural Light basks your Room | The Spruce | Photo by IvanWuPl via iStockphoto
1. Keep your design Simple | The Spruce | Photo by virtua73 via Fotolia.
Our Recommended List Archived from December 2018 :
- 333 Small Kitchen ideas, Organization, and Kitchen Designs.
- Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8, Page 9, and Page 10.
- 100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area.
- Page 2, Page 3, and Page 4 .
- 45 Kitchen Remodel Ideas for People with Low-Budget Condition.
- 40 Bathroom Designs for across generations.
- 10 DIY Kitchen Cabinets Refacing Ideas.
- 10 Bathroom Remodel and Organizing Ideas Under $10k.
- 10 Bedroom Sets Idea for Small Space.
- 10 Bathroom Makeovers That Won’t Rob Your Fortune.
- 10 DIY Bedroom Storage Ideas.
- 10 Creative DIY Kitchen Countertop Ideas.
- 10 Small Bathroom Ideas for Small Property Owner.
- 10 Brilliant DIY Kitchen Cabinet Ideas.
- 10 Cute and Affordable Bathroom Decor Ideas.
- Japanese Home Design to Apply in Your Modern House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!