When it comes on minimalist home design the number one characteristic is the ‘less is more’ motto. You can also see it on the style that the design tends to use simple things but still appears beautiful to see. If you like this kind of style, then you can try to use minimalist theme to decorate your house. Of course you need to be careful to keep everything minimum to create minimalist theme that still stylish and useful. For you who need some ideas to be used in your house design, here are some inspirations that you can try to follow.
Minimalist home design ideas for simple and functional house
For the minimalist home design colors, you will be able to use basic and neutral color for all walls in the house. Neutral colors that you can use are white with black combination which already becomes a signature color of this theme. You can also use basic color such as natural colors and metal colors. Mix and match your furniture and other decoration item that has those natural and metal colors. These color combination will make the minimalist design feels warmer even though most people think that minimalist theme is cold because it is too simple. (via allopportunities and deplain)
Simplicity should be applied in every area of your design, especially on the minimalist home design lines. The lines on your design should be clean, try to have as minimum curve as possible or even no curve at all. This should be applied on the exterior lines, interior lines as well as furniture lines even when something have to had a specific shape, it should have clean lines such as rectangular. With clean lines all of your design will feel pleasing to look by keeping this simple signature of minimalist theme. (via ujecdent and puppysphotos)
If you think those ideas are too simple for your taste, we will know talk about the minimalist home design arts. For the arts you can use any kinds of colors and style since this art should be the point of interest in your house. This is an aspect of minimalist theme that you can be free at, even though you might want to keep them in high art aspect. If you need to frame the art, you will still need to use frame with natural color and simple lines to still put the minimalist characteristic in the arts you use. (via benishop and petyourlife)
4. Open layout
To keep everything minimal, you need to be able to see everything easily. This also means no barrier in the house including room separator. Try to create open layout in your house to keep everything in one room. Of course if you need some privacy you can have your own private room, but the other common room should be open. This will make the family interact easier since everything is done in the same room no matter what you do. That might be one of the reasons why people love to use minimalist home design for their house. (via thebeyerfoundation and opensportproject)
Every house need some greenery in their interior to make you feel relax. Some even love to have flowers but if you truly want to keep the minimalist theme then you might want to consider other plant type. The minimalist home design plants that you can use are succulents and cactus since they are more suitable for the minimalist theme. Moreover they are easy to maintain and does not need a lot of waters which make it suitable for indoor plants and busy lifestyle that you have. Put them in beautiful minimalist pot to accessorize your interior. (via thebabyscales and fennsheetal)
Tips in creating minimalist house for living space
For you who want to use minimalist theme, then you should be able to organize everything perfectly. Invest in a storage system that could give you extra space to store all items and organize it for easy usage and find. Try not to use a lot of useless items, if possible try to use item with multiple usage such as multipurpose furniture. This will greatly save the space use and make your life easier by using functional items. Make sure that the rooms are always clean since it is another signature of minimalist theme and a lifestyle that you should have.
Those ideas are also be the reason why minimalist home design is suitable for small house. This theme will be able to save more space in the small house and use available space as efficient as possible. Lighting is also important part of minimalist design that you should pay attention to. Try to have every room lights up perfectly and do not forget that you can use artistic fixture as a form or art that you can use to decorate the house. If you love technology then minimalist theme is perfect for you since appliance has suitable style that match with minimalist style.
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!