Mediterranean home décor is a nice thing to have since you will feel you are in Mediterranean country without really moves out from your house. So if you want to have holiday trip feeling every day, then you can add some nice decoration on your house and create your own Mediterranean sanctuary. For you who do not know how to do this, you can follow a few tips that we give here to make your dream sanctuary come true.
Tips in Using Mediterranean Home Décor to Create Your Dream Sanctuary.
As you know Mediterranean house uses looked warm because of the color selection that it use. That is why you need to follow those colors to make your home feel warm as well. Use color with earth and sky tone as it is the signature color of Mediterranean house. You can use colors such as blue from cobalt, red color of terracotta, yellow ochre tone, lavender dusk tone, and many others. (via freshome)
Another detail that you should add to your house is the texture of Mediterranean house as they use unique rough texture on the surface of their house. One of the textures that you should use is the stucco texture where you can put it on the wall or ceiling. Venetian plaster can also be used if you want to have more elegant feeling inside the home. There are many techniques that you can use to create those textures easily. (via houzz & 123rf)
Usually we only use tile in ordinary way according to the pattern given by the manufacturer, however for Mediterranean home décor you must create tilework instead of just put them plainly. Moreover you can use the tilework everyone from above your ceiling to the wall and even put them on the floor. All work with nice tile as decoration item. Do not forget to choose tilework shape that you really love as the accent inside your room. (via homeflooringpros)
Of course, it might be difficult for you to really choose authentic Mediterranean furniture to use inside your house. However you can still achieve the same feeling using normal furniture that you can find on your local home improvement store. What you need to do is to choose furniture which made using hardwood as it is the natural material that Mediterranean people use. Moreover you need to choose big size one as people in Mediterranean country love to have large scale on almost everything in their house. Use dark wood tone on the furniture and add some nice craft as the detail you should not miss on Mediterranean home décor furniture. (via interiordesign.lovetoknow)
5. Metal pieces
Try to use metal pieces all around your house as it is also one signature of Mediterranean house you should not miss. However the metal that you use should have deep tone instead of shining tone that you use on modern style house. Metal such as wrought iron, copper and bronze are the one that you should use. Try to add those materials on your railings, fixture, and even other hardware items throughout your house. (via grandviewriverhouse)
Conclusion on How to Apply Mediterranean Style to Your Own House
When you want to add those items we mention above, you should think of it as detailed as possible. For example for the tilework, you can try to add them to your home by creating a clock on your wall which surrounded by detailed tilework in mosaic style. Or you can add a few pieces of tile which you hand paint yourself onto your kitchen backsplash tiles that have neutral color to make it more colorful. If you have archway you can also try to line them with some tilework which will make them more beautiful. Last if you can get your hand on some authentic Mediterranean tilework, you can also try to display them in an easel on top of your cabinet or rack to make a nice Mediterranean home décor.
When creating the stucco or plaster texture inside your home, it might be too hard to create the real thing since it might cost more money or even more time to do so. That is why you can actually do a faux finishing technique to achieve the same look using easier method. Try to take faux finishing class if you want to make this Mediterranean home décor detail yourself inside your home.
When you work to redecorate your house, do not forgot about your outdoor area since Mediterranean house is also about outdoor living as well. Even though you live in an area where winter last longer then you should still add some decoration to your patio as well. Mediterranean home décor patio will make it feeling warmer; you can add iron patio sets, with a few lanterns on the side of the patio. Or you can use fountain with mosaic detail, giant terracotta pots for your plants. Do not forget to change the texture of your outdoor wall as well.
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from February 2019 :
- 75 Cheap Dollar Store Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 40 Smart IKEA Organization ideas for whole aspects of your life. (With a Video)
- 33 Organizing Small Household Item ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization ideas How to Make Small Room look Bigger. (With a Video)
- 31 Easy IKEA hacks for your Kid’s room. (With a Video)
- 20 Small House Decor ideas. (With a Video)
- 20 Easy Interior Design Ideas for Small Apartments.
- 10 Home Makeover Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in a Small Bedroom.
- 10 Home Decor Furniture Ideas for Anyone Living in A Small Space.
- 10 Bedroom Ideas for Small Sleeping Room Owners.
- 10 DIY Small Living Room Decor Ideas.
- 10 Living Room Interior Design Ideas for People in a Budget.
- 10 Small Living Room Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Room Makeover Ideas for Cheap.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Design Ideas.
- 10 DIY Project Home Decorations.
- 10 Bedroom Design Ideas for Kids.
- 10 Wall Decor Ideas for Boring Walls.
- 10 Creative and Cheap Spice Storage and 5 from Recycled Stuff.
- 10 Clever Closet Systems You Should At least Try Once.
- 5 Creative Garden Container Ideas.
- 5 Cute Planter Ideas for Your Small Garden.
- 5 Space Saving and Easy DIY Organizer Ideas for Limited Space Garden.
- 5 Ways How To Build Brilliant Garden Container ideas.
- 5 Easy and Cheap Vertical Organizer Ideas for Indoor Garden.
- 5 Clever DIY Organizing Ideas for an Eye-Catching Rooftop Garden.
- Fleur De Lis Home Décor for Luxury House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.
Get New Updates From Your Own Inbox!