Kitchen storage cubes are a great way to declutter and organize your kitchen. They can be easily installed on the wall or built from scratch using wood panels. These cubes are perfect for storing kitchen essentials such as spices, mugs, and cooking utensils. Not only do they provide extra storage space, but they also add a touch of style and personality to your kitchen decor. So if you’re looking for a budget-friendly and DIY-friendly way to organize your kitchen, consider adding kitchen storage cubes to your home.
The kitchen is the beating heart of your home, a place where memories are made, and meals are shared. But all that activity can lead to clutter and disorganization. So, if you’re tired of a messy kitchen, it’s time to add some storage solutions!
Are you tired of searching for lost kitchen tools? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with a list of 10 budget-friendly and DIY-friendly kitchen storage cubes that will help you declutter and organize your space in no time.
From floating shelves to pull-out drawers, these storage ideas are sure to spark inspiration. So, don’t wait any longer; get a notepad and discover which storage solution fits your needs and style the most. With these ideas, you’ll have a functional and beautiful kitchen in no time. As always, Simphome curates and presents you with the list.
10 Kitchen Storage Cubes Video
10. Turn IKEA Expedit into Handy Kitchen Island With Wheels
Complete your kitchen by adding a handy kitchen island with wheels. This furniture will give you extra space to prepare meals and Storage to store your cooking utensils.
You do not have to buy a brand-new kitchen island to go with this idea. Try to make it instead. You just need several wooden boards to build the island’s body, wheels, countertop, and a set of IKEA Expedit (a second-hand one is also okay).
- First of all, assemble the Expedit unit into a rack.
- Once you have done it, cut the wooden board to create a countertop and place it on the assembled rack. Make sure you drill it correctly so that both elements can stick firmly.
- Then, install the wheels.
- Next, start building the island.
- Cut the wooden board to make the countertop. The area should be wider than the rack’s countertop.
- Then mount it to the wall.
- Use the L-bracket to the underside.
- Last, have the leg part support the other part of the countertop, which is not attached to the wall.
9. Make a new Cabinet from Cheap Cubes
Who says that cheap cubes cannot make sturdy Storage? This cabinet has proven that it is not always the case. Although this is a bathroom cabinet, you can still adopt this idea for your kitchen.
- To make this cabinet, you will need two Closetmaid cube organizers.
- Then, cut 2x3s to create the legs and attach those pieces to each cube’s sides.
- After that, cut a piece of 3/4″ MDF to create the bottom shelf of each cube. If you want a more finished look, add a 2×2 to the top and bottom of each side.
- Then, cut 1×4 furring strips to create the top.
- Finally, install the beadboard panel using hinges to make the door.
8. Another Kitchen Island transformation with Storage and an extra Breakfast Nook
Building this multipurpose kitchen island is pretty simple. You can repurpose your cube shelf. Then, get some wood panels to cover the back side of the shelving.
- Paint all over the surface thoroughly.
- Then, you can attach a wooden board as a countertop using screws.
- Next is installing some stools to complete your breakfast nook area. Try to purchase old stools from a thrift store. It definitely will save you money.
- The seating area may look worn; if that is your case, renew them by changing the upholstery.
- Once it is finished, place the stools around the island.
7. Turn an IKEA Kallax into a Kitchen Island
You can build a kitchen island with an Ikea Kallax shelf unit. However, you also need to get different sizes of wood panels to make the base side and the countertop.
- First, assemble the Ikea Kallax shelf unit based on the instruction.
- Then, grab 2x4s that have been cut into two pieces 57 3/4-inch long and two pieces 12 1/2-inch long.
- Lay them on their side and secure them. Now, you have got the frame.
- After that, lay the frame on the floor and top it with Ikea Kallax.
- Secure them together.
- Then, install four sliders in each corner.
- Now, grab your 1x2s, lay them across the shelf, and secure them.
- Then, make your IKEA Kallax stand properly and install the countertop using 1x10s.
- Finally, install trim to round out the look.
6. The L-Shaped Expedit Kitchen Island Project Idea
The l-Shaped Expedit Kitchen is a bar and kitchen island mix. To own this type of furniture, you will need two IKEA Expedits, Vika Amon Table Top, Vika Curry Table legs (only the top part), 4 Besta Legs, Drawers, and Skrews.
- Start by assembling the Expedits, then screw them together with some brackets.
- Next, screw the Vika Curry Tops to the table top and drill holes into the Expedit for screws from the bottom.
- Last, you can add some drawers from Schwedenpunk to get more color.
5. How to Transform wooden Cubes into a Mini Bar
Purchasing a finished cabinet for your mini bar could be pricey. Instead, transform your cube into it by applying several DIY tricks!
- First, you may need to sand lightly all over the surface. This will help make the painting job easier.
- Then, attach four units of hairpin legs to the bottom of the cube cabinet.
- Next up, paint the outer surface of the cabinet. It would be best if the color matched the hairpin leg.
- Once you finish, you can install some wine glass hangers on the top section of the cube unit.
- Then you can start loading the stuff in it.
4. A Dining Table cube idea with Storage
If you have a limited kitchen space, consider having several multipurpose pieces of furniture, for instance, combining your dining table and storage room.
To have that one, get a set of Ikea Kallax shelf units, four pieces of Capita legs, a finished pine table top, and three pieces of Olov adjustable legs.
- First, assemble the Ikea Kallax shelf unit.
- Then, add Capita legs to the Kallax shelf, creating a higher table than a regular dining table.
- Once finished, install 3 Olov legs to the countertop and then fix the countertop to the Kallax shelf with Liquid Nails.
3. A Kitchen Cabinet transformation idea with IKEA Kallax
Another multipurpose furniture idea is a combination of kitchen cabinets and an island. It starts with building a base unit consisting of a 2×2 Ikea Kallax shelf, an Ikea Evarli bamboo shelf, and four furniture feet.
Assemble the Ikea Kallax shelf, attach the feet to the bottom side, place the Ikea Evarli bamboo shelf on the top, and fasten it with four screws.
2. Display Your Mugs or Spices on the Cubes
Don’t keep your unique mug collection or colorful spices hidden away in a cabinet; let them shine and add a personality to your kitchen decor by displaying them! A great way to do this is by arranging them on open shelving cubes. You can easily customize this DIY-friendly idea to fit your style.
You can start from scratch, build your shelving units using wood panels, and paint them to match your kitchen decor. Or, if you need more time, you can purchase pre-made cube cabinets and attach them to the wall.
Once your shelving is in place, you can arrange your mug collection or spices visually appealingly. This adds a touch of personality to your kitchen and makes it easy to find what you’re looking for.
1. A Kitchen Cabinet idea for your dealcoholized wine collection
Transform your kitchen into the ultimate wine lover’s paradise by adding a custom wine rack. The process is simple, and you can complete the project in just a few easy steps.
- First, install a METOD cabinet and shelves in the desired location. This will serve as the base for your wine rack and provide ample storage space for all your other kitchen essentials.
- Next, add a KALLAX insert for bottles. This handy little piece is specifically designed to hold wine bottles and will keep them securely in place.
- Finally, assemble the wine rack pieces and insert them into the KALLAX. Now you have a beautiful and functional wine rack perfect for storing your wine collection in style. You can easily access your bottles and show your collection to your guests.
This wine rack will be a functional addition to your kitchen and add a touch of style and sophistication to your home decor. Whether you’re a wine connoisseur or enjoy a glass now and then, this custom wine rack is the perfect way to complete your kitchen.
Furthermore, you can take it to the next level by adding lighting to highlight your wine collection and create a cozy atmosphere. You can also consider adding label holders to organize your bottles and make it easy to find the one you’re looking for. So, why not treat yourself and add a wine rack to your kitchen today?
Those are all 10 kitchen storage cube ideas. Hope it helps you solve the problem. Go, give it a try!
6. Ikeahackers.net, Artinterior.blog.hu