If you only have limited space for your kitchen, you need some tricks to bring its best function. Having a small kitchen means that you have to be creative with the decoration and utensils. One of them may be just a simple thing like changing the lighting or color scheme.
Even the tiniest space can be at its best with some innovation or little investment. Check up our list of 10 clever ideas to trick petite kitchenette. So, have a look and start designing your kitchen. Maybe one or two is perfect for you. And as always, follow the Simphome.com link pasted inside the description area to find more detail, or maybe a special offer limited for today.
10. Update the Lighting
Lighting is an important part of a room. The amount of light determines the comfort you will get while doing things in the room. However, you can make the lighting more stylish with pendants or chandeliers. Not only will you make the room brighter, but also draw the eyes to look up. So, you will not focus on the limited area of the kitchen.
As ambient lighting, chandeliers and pendants are a perfect choice. The size of the lighting you are going to install depends on your room footage. Well, you don’t want them to take most of your space, do you?
9. Replace the Upper Cabinets
Cabinets can keep your kitchen from unsightly views, such as a jumble of dishware while making it look tidier and neater. However, a petite kitchenette would look even smaller.
Some kitchens don’t even have room for upper cabinets. So, they use open shelves instead of bulky storage. This picture, for instance, uses open shelving to display favorite cups and dishes. As a result, the space feels clutter-free and airy.
8. Liven up With Plants
Placing greenery in the kitchen makes the room feel fresh. However, if you want to decorate your kitchen with plants, there are several things to consider.
First, the plants should thrive indoors. The types of greenery that can serve this purpose are ivy, aloe vera, cast-iron plant, aluminum plant, spider plant, basil, or snake plants. While beautifying the room, they can also purify the air.
Second, if you have pets, you should choose plants that are safe for them. Third, low-maintenance plants will make your life easier. When you are busy preparing the meal for your family, you don’t occupy your mind with the plants that require new attention.
7. Go for This New Cabinet Organizer and Storage Idea
Be smart with your storage. Maximize every corner, end, in-between, and even inside the cabinets.
Adding a lazy Susan or a cabinet turntable, for example, make a good bottle organizer. You can also try to assemble pull-out cabinet drawers like in the picture. They are perfect for maximizing the space as you can stack your pans and pots. Interested? Here are the steps.
First, install the adjustable shelf with the screws provided. Next, select your area and make sure the hinge move freely. Next, Release the slide by pushing the black trigger UP on the LEFT side and DOWN on the Right side. Then, Remove the organizer from the slide frame by pulling it forward.
Next, Align the front side and screw the side frame into the cabinet. Align and reinsert organizer into slide frame and finally, Push organizer into slide frame until it CLICKS into place and ready to use.
- 1 (ONE) Pullout Cookware Pots and Pans Roll out Organizer for 15" to 18" Base Cabinet Height 9" x Width 11-1/2" x Depth 18-3/4"
- SMOOTH SLIDES: 100 lb rated Full-extension Ball-bearing slides. Roll out drawers make it easy to reach items stored in the back of your cabinet.
- QUALITY LONG LASTING: Heavy-duty wire construction. Mounts to cabinet bottom or shelf. Minimum cabinet opening: 11.5" . Installs with just 4 screws (screws included).
- EASY INSTALLATION: Take control of your kitchen with this easy-to-install cabinet organizer. With just a screwdriver and a few minutes, you can quickly restore order in your kitchen giving it that extra level of functionality and space! Includes one package of the bottom piece pictured*
- Kitchens have become the ultimate space for multitasking - we cook, dine, entertain, play, and even use it as a home office. It is the hub of the home making it the ideal candidate for clutter and disorganization. Take control of your kitchen with this easy-to-install cabinet organizer. With just a screwdriver and a few minutes, you can quickly restore order in your kitchen giving it that extra level of functionality and space!
Last update on 2021-04-22 at 05:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Return to the cabinet turntable, I consider you to choose YouCopia 2-Tier Height Adjustable Crazy Susan Kitchen Cabinet Turntable (and spice organizer). Amazon awarded this product “#1 Bestseller” and it only priced under $30. To learn more follow the link inside the description area or the blog link
- Adjustable Height (5", 6" or 7") to maximize vertical space
- Includes 3 removable bins with handles
- Rotates smoothly on stainless steel ball bearings
- Non-slip feet keep turntable in place
- One minute set-up, no installation required
Last update on 2021-04-22 at 05:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
6. Kitchen Island and Dining Table Combo
In a minute kitchen, you are sometimes confused about having a kitchen island or dining table. Well, why don’t you have both?
Doubling the kitchen island as a dining table is a smart solution. It is a great idea to add extra surface, whilst keeping the room a sociable space.
You can choose an island with drawers for extra storage. The countertop should high enough so the stools fit snugly. You can also add a rack of baskets below the table to store extra linens and dishware.
5. Go Minimal
If you like something simple, you will like this idea. Free up the space of your small kitchen by removing the rarely used appliances. Just keep what you use most and go minimum.
Use open shelves for storing your favorite items. Install a smart storage system for the cabinets below and arrange your appliances there.
Avoid displaying too many items above your countertop. By doing this, your tiny kitchen will look more spacious. Because you want it to be simple, decorate it with subtle colors that make the room feel lighter.
4. Use a Table as Room Partition
Using a kitchen table as a room partition is a clever idea. When you don’t use it for eating, it can act as a wall divider.
A dining table is commonly used as a divider between the kitchen and living room. The size should fit the area immensely. Just enough to serve you when having a meal.
Using a dining table as a room divider is both functional and classy. Moreover, you can easily expand the room by removing the table.
3. Organize your Drawers
Drawers are prone to a mess. When not well organized, you will find it difficult to find things inside. To overcome this perpetual plight, try to invest in dividers.
There are many types of dividers available in store that will help you to organize things better. This way, you can see the items clearly and access them with ease. With the right organization, you will know which utensils you need or not. Removing unused tools helps you to save extra storage.
- Accomodates Entire Cutlery With Ease: This organizer tray is an upgrade to your kitchen drawer. Featuring 8 compartments, our cutlery drawer organizer helps you maintain your silverware and utensils organized
- Expandable & Adjustable: The 6-8 compartments organizer is designed to fit most drawers, measures 2” in height x 17” long, it expands from 13” to 22” inches, making it ideal to fit most home drawer
- A Natural Organic Wood Product: Our Bamboo kitchen drawer organizer is made from natural bamboo; an eco-friendly and renewable material that is sturdy and elegant, and requires very little maintenance.
- Versitile Use - You can use this expandable drawer organizer for other storage and organization practices like jewelry, tools, office & art supplies, cosmetics, and personal accessories or general junk drawer organizer
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed - We’re confident our product will solve all the clutter in your kitchen, but if for any reason you’re not satisfied with our product, you can contact us for a replacement
Last update on 2021-04-22 at 08:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you have extra cash to spare, you can learn more about this Expandable Kitchen Drawer Organizer – 8 Slots Bamboo Utensil Silverware Holder Drawer Dividers. The main feature of the product is It is Expandable & Adjustable: The 6-8 compartments organizer is designed to fit most drawers, measures 2” in height x 17” long, it expands from 13” to 22” inches, making it ideal to fit the most home drawer. And it is environmentally friendly, obviously
2. Extend your kitchen Cabinets to the Ceiling
Don’t leave any space remain dormant, including the area above the cabinets. Therefore, you need to extend the storage to the ceiling.
Tall cabinets will make your space appear larger. While adding more storage for the kitchen utensils, they decrease your household chores as you do not have to dust the area above the cabinets anymore. Finally, install cabinet doors with invisible handles so that they will look seamless.
Lastly Number 1. Boost the Mood with Color
Kitchen color can boost your mood greatly. The right combinations also affect the perception of the viewer.
The best color scheme can make a petite kitchenette feel less claustrophobic. You can use whites, pastels, or earthy tones to personalize your kitchen.
Before painting your kitchen, carefully think about the mood you want to create and the amount of natural light the room will receive. For a tiny kitchen, two or three shades of color would be sufficient. But you can add vibrant tones here and there to add a lively look.
Although you have a petite kitchenette, you need not worry. With some tricks, you can make your small space at its best function while maintaining a stylish look. Our 10 clever ideas to trick petite kitchenette will add a different look to your home. Be inspired and stick with us!