Using fabrics in your home décor is a must since by adding them your design will be complete. However you need to consider a lot of things before putting any home decor fabrics in your design to make sure they will add beauty to your decoration. Especially since fabric has a lot of look so they will be able to suit any kinds of theme. It is actually quite easy to find perfect fabric for your design as long as you know what to look for. For you who want to learn more about fabric for your home decoration, here is some useful information.
Home decor fabrics consideration before usage
1. Material type
The first thing that you need to consider when choosing home decor fabrics is the material type you want to use. Basically there is only two type of material to choose which are natural type and synthetic type. However even natural type has a lot of variation such as cotton, linen, silk and wool. On the other hand the synthetic type has even more variation such as rayon, acrylic, nylon, olefin, polyester, and acetate. Each of those variations has different characteristic that will give your design advantage. Thus you need to find suitable material to use for each decoration item. (via local-info)
The second thing to think about is the pattern to have in your home decor fabrics brand. There are a lot of pattern that you can use such as chintz, damask, cretonne, grosgrain, moiré, gingham, herringbone, satin, mohair, ticking, tapestry, velvet, ultrasuede, and toile de jouy. Those pattern are suitable for specific theme, thus you might want to choose home decor fabrics pattern that suitable for your theme. Furthermore the pattern often used for certain decoration items, so you might want to consider the usage as well when using which pattern to use. (via twitter, babybedding, and pandorasupholstery)
After you decide those two things, now let us move to the home decor fabrics color. As you know, you can use any kinds of color that you want for the fabric. However you also need to think about which color that would suit your design. To do that, you can see on the color scheme that you use in your room. If you use specific theme in the room, then usually they already have specific color scheme that you can follow. This will make it easier for you to choose which color to use and where to use them. (via fabricwholesaledirect)
As you know different fabric will have different home decor fabrics texture. This is also important thing to consider when designing your home theme. Giving a nice texture to your decoration will make them appear more luxurious. That will happen if you use the right texture in the right place. You can also try to mix and match the texture to add more layers to your design. This method will make the room design become deeper and show how good your design is. Learn which fabric is suitable to be mix with which fabric. (via greenhousefabrics)
When it comes to usage, actually in decorating you can use home decor fabrics for almost anything. Especially for item that often uses fabric as the material such as windows treatment, upholstery, throw blanket, carpet, and many others. Remember that each of those usages needs to have special fabric characteristic. So you need to choose which fabric that suitable for the characteristic that you looking for. This is why choosing fabric to use in your home decoration need to be done carefully. (via archi-living)
Tips in using fabric for home decoration
Although you can do whatever you want with the fabric in your decoration but you need to remember that the fabric will affect the mood of the design. You can see this by switching the fabric you plan to use in your decoration, and then you will notice how the mood will also change. This is why when you want to create certain mood in the room; you need to make sure that the fabric used in your design will support that mood. The biggest thing from a fabric that will greatly affect the mood is the color and pattern, thus those two things need to be carefully consider.
When using home decor fabrics item in your design, it is important to be very careful. You do not want the fabric filled the entire surface of the room; this is why you need to keep them moderate. Use them for things that truly need fabric, but still mix them with other material is advised. For the pattern, make sure that you do not overuse them since it will make the room feel crowded. You can try to create a focal point in the room using the pattern but make sure that it still moderate. By considering all of that carefully you will be able to complete your design perfectly.
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.