Your bedroom is your safe haven. A simple shelf can add a lot of definition to your unadorned wall, not to mention if it can also function as storage. If you feel like doing a little remodeling to your little sanctuary but are also tight on budget, I’ve got just the perfect solution.
1. Chains and Hooks
With simple chains and hooks, you can turn your old wood boards or planks into a nifty piece of storage and simultaneously adorn your wall with decoration. Attach four hooks on the ceiling to hang the chains and make tiered-shelves by fastening the chains on all the four sides of the boards. This creative wall storage idea for small bedroom room will surely add so much personality and warmth. (via pennstateupua)
2. Floating Mantel Shelf
A mantel shelf will add a lot of interest to your plain living room and you can nail one without having to buy them at IKEA. You will only need three 8 feet 1” x 12” oak boards, dark walnut stain and wood glue. Cut all your boards in half to create six 4 feet boards and sand them to smooth any rough edges. Stain each board with a sponge brush and stack them with a 2” overhang on each side after they are dry. Apply wood glue once stacked as needed and use clamps to secure them. (via remodelaholic)
3. Timeless Classic
Two-tiered open floating shelves seem to give off a classic vibe in any room they are installed. Choose plain planks with approximately 3ft wide and with 2” thickness for the best looking and most sturdy shelves. In addition, if you are worried attaching them with brackets would shatter the beauty of the shelves because of their stark difference in colors then you might want to fasten them with screws into studs. Polish the woods in dark walnut stain and seal them with Hemp Oil. These spots are perfect to display your frames or vintage vase decorations. (via southernrevivals)
4. Your Magazine Holder is a helper
Think outside the box all the time and you might come up with totally unique ideas. If you still got a tiny space left in your bedroom wall but it’s not big enough for a cabinet or drawer you can use your used magazine holder! That’s a convenient solution if you happen to have one which is made out of wood. Better stain it first and mount it on the wall by putting it on its side with nails. This cute tiny storage is the perfect spot for your small items like keys, chains, or loose changes. (via designsponge)
5. Make the Most of Your Perimeter of Bedroom Wall
Storing all your book collection in a mahogany vertical bookshelf might make your room look overcrowded if you don’t have a walk-in closet and use ordinary wardrobe instead. You can use the empty space below your ceiling to store your books, and all your other stuff by building shelves along the entire perimeter of your bedroom walls right under the ceiling. (via womansday)
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from March 2019 :
- 100+ ideas How to Transform your Small bedroom into a Calming Sanctuary. (With Some Videos)
- 10 Small Space Ideas to Maximize Small Bedroom.
- 10 Pantry Storage and Organization Ideas.
- 10 DIY Modern Kitchen Cabinet Ideas and Storage.
- 10 Modern Bathrooms and DIY Improvement Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Storage Ideas.
- 10 DIY Shoe Bench Project Ideas.
- 10 Small Laundry Room Organization Ideas.
- 10 DIY Cabinet Ideas for Small Bedroom.
- 10 Smart Closet Organization Ideas.
- 10 Clever and Cheap Indoor Garden Ideas.
- 10 Cheap Cabinet Makeover Ideas for Limited Kitchen.
- 10 Bedroom Organization DIY for People with Limited Floor Space.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.