Nowadays government suggest everyone to make their house to be more energy efficient, especially for those who just build a new house since you can design it fully energy efficient. For you who already have a house, you can also try to redesign the house to be more energy efficient by changing a few things even though there is a limit of what you can do. Learn energy efficient home design first before you build a new house or remodel your house to adapt this design. Here is some information that you need to know which may help you design a more energy efficient house.
Energy efficient home design inspiration for your house
Making your house become more energy efficient means that you have to build the house using energy efficient home design. That way your house will only use less energy thus it will save you more money when you use them in a longer term. There are a lot of things that you should have in your home design and the first is perfect insulation to go against the cold weather. You will need to install weather stripping in area that has gap such as windows and doors. This will be able to prevent heat or cold from leaving or entering your house thus you will only use less energy to lower or increase the temperature of your house. (via canadianinsulationinc and thisoldhouse)
For you who already have a house, you could still change the lighting to be more efficient. The energy efficient home design lighting that you can use is fluorescent bulbs, so make sure you change your old incandescent bulbs after they are burned out. Purchasing fluorescent one will be more expensive at first sight. However for the longer term it will be cheaper to use as it can be used longer than the incandescent one and it create less heat. (adsinc and scienceprogress)
3. Programmable thermostat
The energy efficient home design involves the use of advanced technology as they can really help to control everything. And you need to be able to control the temperature of your house. Heating or cooling the room when it is unoccupied will waste both energy and your money. But if you have programmable thermostat you can program it to only heat or cool the room right before you arrive home or right before you wake up. (via clintonj and comfort-pro)
4. Plant trees
It is advised to use more natural lights as your light source whenever you can. However you should also control the heat from the sun since it will be able to make your house heat too much especially in the summer. That is why you need to plant several trees in the right place to give the much needed shades for your house. Plan the energy efficient home design landscape well so you will be able to get natural lights coming in but still have enough shade to prevent too much heat. (via asphaltmaterials and houselogic)
5. Solar panel
The sun will be able to give you free energy for your house, which is why you might want to install enough solar panels in your house. You can use this energy efficient home design solar panel to heat the water thus you might want to invest on solar water heater. At first installing solar panels might be expensive, but for the longer term you can lower the electricity cost from the water heating, and tax credit which eventually make up the installation cost and give you a huge difference. (via qsdt and chinasteelmaterial)
Tips in creating a more energy efficient house
You should also use a lot of energy efficient appliance and system which will make your house become more efficient. Search for product that has energy star label which means those products are more energy efficient. Those kinds of product might be more expensive at first, however you can compare how much energy that they use every year and see the difference in purchasing a product with energy star label. For the longer term, they will use less energy than other product in similar model, so it will actually cost you lest when using it.
Maintenance is also important to keep your energy efficient home design at prime condition.
Check the insulators stripping each year to see if it is still in good condition and replace them when necessary. If you want to reduce the heat inside your house, try to use less appliance that create more heats such as hair dryer, clothes dryer, oven, and other machine which create heats when runs. By reducing the heat creation, then you will be able to use less energy to cool down the temperature. That is why try to use those appliance in the cooler time such as evening or early morning so you do not feel the need to cool down the temperature while using it.
Recommended Lists for You:
When people underestimate the influence of those simple bedroom decorating tricks, well, they will lose the opportunity to improve the visual look of their bedroom. Believe it or not, bedroom should have been decorated not only to make the bedroom becomes something to be boasted off but also to make the bedroom becomes such a worth place to spend the rest of the night there. Bedroom will be bedroom but because of some special touches, the bedroom would stand out from the common things out there.
If people refer bedroom as the only place to sleep, then there must be something wrong with their bedroom. A bedroom should mean more than that. Most of people spend most of their time in their bedroom after working in the office. You need to make the ambiance to be more relaxing, heartwarming, pleasing, and also comforting at the same time. This isn’t too much for a bedroom to provide since it will always be its right to be so, is it? You need to know those small bedroom improvement tricks to have more ideas on decorating and upgrade your bedroom.
What do these improvement or decorating tricks consist of? These decorating tricks include the placement of some flowers at home, the addition of white candles or aromatherapy candle, and many more things to know. You will find all the answers you need by having the right source of information. Some other people have found their own way to decorate their bedroom and you should do the same thing as well. There won’t be no other time for you to skip this big chance. Think about starting it up now or never having the idea about it. You can decide now whether you will deal with the boring bedroom all the time or the functional and relaxing bedroom. When you choose the second, you can click the button below to get the complete information.100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Cheap bathroom makeover ideas are those inspiring and amazing ideas that you need to have in order to have the complete transformation of a bathroom. Why bother doing the makeover? Yes, it is such a good question. It doesn’t matter how perfect and how flawless your bathroom will be, when someone has finished taking a shower, most of the area will be wet and it will be imperfect and flawed. Then those bathroom changing processes would end up in waste. In fact, when you have bigger space of bathroom and you want to make it looks a bit prettier than before, the idea of having your bathroom in makeover should be on your consideration list.
Cheap bathroom makeover ideas will surely give you different touch from your previous bathroom. When the top of your toilet has nothing on it, you can add some decorative pots that consist of flowers there. Although it does not have a lot of benefits to gain yet you will make these decorative pots with flowers as the center point of the bathroom for whoever comes to the bathroom. There are a lot of people who put decorative wall hangings in their bathroom too. It is aimed to give color and accent even to their bathroom.
Another decorative and simple in effortless way to do the bathroom makeover is by adding stairs. The presence of the stairs is to add beautiful value for the entire bathroom. This stairs can be used to hang the wire basket, the wet towel that you have just used, decorative wreath, and many more. You can even have your own decorative things, or shelves, or anything that pleases you. When you still need other information related to the cheap bathroom makeover, you can directly click this link for more information.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.