Nowadays government suggest everyone to make their house to be more energy efficient, especially for those who just build a new house since you can design it fully energy efficient. For you who already have a house, you can also try to redesign the house to be more energy efficient by changing a few things even though there is a limit of what you can do. Learn energy efficient home design first before you build a new house or remodel your house to adapt this design. Here is some information that you need to know which may help you design a more energy efficient house.
Energy efficient home design inspiration for your house
Making your house become more energy efficient means that you have to build the house using energy efficient home design. That way your house will only use less energy thus it will save you more money when you use them in a longer term. There are a lot of things that you should have in your home design and the first is perfect insulation to go against the cold weather. You will need to install weather stripping in area that has gap such as windows and doors. This will be able to prevent heat or cold from leaving or entering your house thus you will only use less energy to lower or increase the temperature of your house. (via canadianinsulationinc and thisoldhouse)
For you who already have a house, you could still change the lighting to be more efficient. The energy efficient home design lighting that you can use is fluorescent bulbs, so make sure you change your old incandescent bulbs after they are burned out. Purchasing fluorescent one will be more expensive at first sight. However for the longer term it will be cheaper to use as it can be used longer than the incandescent one and it create less heat. (adsinc and scienceprogress)
3. Programmable thermostat
The energy efficient home design involves the use of advanced technology as they can really help to control everything. And you need to be able to control the temperature of your house. Heating or cooling the room when it is unoccupied will waste both energy and your money. But if you have programmable thermostat you can program it to only heat or cool the room right before you arrive home or right before you wake up. (via clintonj and comfort-pro)
4. Plant trees
It is advised to use more natural lights as your light source whenever you can. However you should also control the heat from the sun since it will be able to make your house heat too much especially in the summer. That is why you need to plant several trees in the right place to give the much needed shades for your house. Plan the energy efficient home design landscape well so you will be able to get natural lights coming in but still have enough shade to prevent too much heat. (via asphaltmaterials and houselogic)
5. Solar panel
The sun will be able to give you free energy for your house, which is why you might want to install enough solar panels in your house. You can use this energy efficient home design solar panel to heat the water thus you might want to invest on solar water heater. At first installing solar panels might be expensive, but for the longer term you can lower the electricity cost from the water heating, and tax credit which eventually make up the installation cost and give you a huge difference. (via qsdt and chinasteelmaterial)
Tips in creating a more energy efficient house
You should also use a lot of energy efficient appliance and system which will make your house become more efficient. Search for product that has energy star label which means those products are more energy efficient. Those kinds of product might be more expensive at first, however you can compare how much energy that they use every year and see the difference in purchasing a product with energy star label. For the longer term, they will use less energy than other product in similar model, so it will actually cost you lest when using it.
Maintenance is also important to keep your energy efficient home design at prime condition.
Check the insulators stripping each year to see if it is still in good condition and replace them when necessary. If you want to reduce the heat inside your house, try to use less appliance that create more heats such as hair dryer, clothes dryer, oven, and other machine which create heats when runs. By reducing the heat creation, then you will be able to use less energy to cool down the temperature. That is why try to use those appliance in the cooler time such as evening or early morning so you do not feel the need to cool down the temperature while using it.
Recommended Lists for You:
Storage solution is highly needed by a lot of people who lacks of space. Storage will always cause problems for those who can’t manage their limited space well. It works the same either you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman, this kind of problem exists in reality. A boy needs space to store all kinds of toys figurines, cars replica, tools to work as mechanic, and many other things. A girl needs a lot more space to keep all their beautiful and colorful dresses, shoes, headbands, cute dolls, their lovely teddy bears and also Barbie, their cooking equipment, and also book.
Similarly a young man and woman need to have more space since they need to have more responsibility in life. Although the fact is that they do not have dolls or toys figurine anymore but they change it in different version of satisfaction. How to handle this kind of situation then? You will get some hints on how to manage a lot of things with limited storage. This storage solution will help you in having cleaner and neater room!
There would be for about 15 ways related to manage the storage that you have. For the girls or young woman who likes buying shoes, they can have the idea of the shoes storage bench. Thus you will save the space for both shoes storage and the bench since you will get two functions in a product. For young man or boys who like playing cables or pretending to be a mechanic, you can take use of your ceiling where it can be the best part for storing the long cables which take up a lot of space in your room! If you think that this information isn’t enough, you can click this link for further information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Continuing to the previous storage solution in part 1, people really need more space where they think they could provide space for all of their stuffs. This solution works in relation to the efficiency that it has nothing to do with something luxurious or expensive to make it happen. In the previous article, you will get some basic information on how to trick this storage issue in your house. By following all of the methods in previous article, you will have neat house and you will have a new look of your house.
However, in this storage solution part 2 has more than that. It has all the information about the extension of the previous articles. Here, you will be able to have the storage solution in dealing with the industrial tools which are very strong that this storage would be able to lift and not have the chance of dropping it. The materials that will be used aren’t going to be very hard to make since most of you will already have it as your own property at home.
One of what you will get from this storage solution part 2 is how to store the toys for your children. When you have so many containers about different toys for children and you have no more idea on how to manage, you have come to the right place. By making your own storage cabinets for your kids, everything seems so simple and neat. You will also be able to teach them to tidy up their toys after using. It is very practical for all of you to try at home. How to make it? Do I need to have a lot of experiences to make one? By clicking this link, you will find a way to make this toys storage and cabinets.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.