Racing against the time to meet the deadline can be such an irritating thing.
What makes it worse is your messy desk. A pile of paperwork, pens, and books are scattered on the desk, overtaking the surface space. How can you put up with that?
You have to end this unrelenting mess soon by organizing your desk. You don’t need to break your bank to keep your desk tidy because you can apply one of these 10 DIY desk organizer ideas. They are mostly super easy and cheap. Even if you are a beginner, you will be able to do it well. As always, these ideas are brought to you by simphome.com.
10. Corkboard Desk Organizer
A corkboard is usually used to pin up important memos as a reminder. As a result, corkboard is perfect for your desk. But you can have more than just a reminder if you apply your creativity and a little elbow grease, just like this corkboard desk organizer.
To make this beautiful desk organizer, you’re gonna need a cork board, 4×4 paper mache boxes, painter tape, paint brush, paints, and hot glue gun. First, apply the painter tape to form a triangle. Then, paint the triangle area white carefully. Once the paint has been dried, remove the painter tape.
Take the paper mache boxes and paint them the color of your choice. You can save more time by purchasing colourful boxes. Then, glue the boxes down to the bottom part of the corkboard. And, you’re done!Hang the desk organizer on the wall or simply put it on your desktop so you can grab your pencils in no time.
9. Recycle Unused Cans
Waste is one of the most perpetual plights faced by many people. And maybe you also have the same problem. But don’t worry! You can tap into unused things in your home and turn them into invaluable things like pencil cases.
Making these cute pencil cases is merely a breeze. You only need to get unused cans in your home, wash and dry them, and remove the labels. Then, get some scrapbook papers with different patterns to wrap around the surface of the cans. After that, secure the papers with hot glue gun. Finally, your pencil cases are ready to host daily-use items.
8. Harness The Versatility of Cardboards
Cardboard is versatile. You can make anything out of cardboard including a desk organizer. This desk organizer is made of 25 10”x10” cardboard. It comes in handy because it has 3 compartments with different sizes that you can use to store notebooks, keys, and a phone. To make this desk organizer, you need to measure an inch border for each cardboard. Then, make the template.
Remember! The sizes of each compartment are different so measure them thoroughly.
After measuring and cutting the cardboards, stack them using glue. Press them using a heavy book placed on top of the organizer to allow the corners to adhere firmly.
7. Vintage Desk Organizer
Having a unique desk organizer will not only help you keep the clutter at bay but also jazz your desk up. And you can get a cool one in an affordable price. First thing you need to do is getting a patterned frame. You can get it at a thrift store if you don’t have it at home. You’ll also need some fabrics, sewing machine, and glue. Then, sew the fabrics and glue them down to the frame. Easy, right?
6. DIY Cardboard Desktop Organizer with Drawers
Again, we’re gonna work with cardboard. But it’s gonna be harder this time. I believe you can tackle it, though. Now, get the materials together. You’re gonna need cardboard, cardstock papers, your favourite wrapping paper or fabric, craft knife, glue, scissors, pen, and ruler.
Now, this is the hardest part. You’re gonna measure the cardboard meticulously.
I suggest you have extras in case you make mistakes when measuring or cutting the cardboard. After measuring the cardboard, you’re gonna cut it out like puzzle pieces. Try to assemble the pieces to see whether they’ve fit like a glove. If they fit perfectly, disassemble the pieces and wrap each piece with wrapping paper or fabric. Then, secure it with glue. After that, reassemble the pieces and cover the seams using cardstock. Don’t forget to secure them with glue.
5. DIY Drawer Organizer
A drawer is a place which is prone to clutter. Since it is hidden, people usually throw everything in it so the surface space stay clean and tidy. It’s not a great solution, though. Therefore, you definitely need a drawer organizer. To make this drawer organizer, you’re gonna need to get 25” plywood, measuring tape, white spray paint, ¾” brads, and masking or glitter tape.
Measure the interior dimensions of your drawer with 1/8” wiggle room for the organizer. Cut the plywood to your drawer’s dimensions. Then sand the edges of the pieces. Nail the pieces together. Then, spray paint the organizer. Apply masking tape on a board as the base. After that, assemble it with the other pieces.
4. Drawer Organizer with Cardboard
If you think the previous drawer organizer is a bit complicated, you can try this one as an alternative. You only need cardboard, x-acto knife, sturdy ruler, wrapping or contact paper, and scissors. Cut the cardboard to the length and width of your drawer. Wrap them using wrapping or contact paper. Cut them in the middle. Finally, assemble and place them inside your drawer.
3. USB Organizers
Tired of seeing scattered USBs overtaking your desktop? Try this super easy idea. Get 4 or 5 binder clips and place them at the edge of your desk. You’re gonna slip your USBs through the holes of the clips. Don’t forget to put a label on each clip so you know what USB you should use.
2. Easy Triangle Organizer
Another creative way of recycling cardboard. These triangle organizers will not only incorporate additional storage solution, but also add style to your desk. You just need some cardboard, cut, and form it into some triangles by folding it inward. Then, apply washi tape to the end of each triangle. Finally, attach all the triangles using hot glue gun.
1. Iron Mesh Board
Having a stylish desk organizer doesn’t have to be arduous. You can even make a cool mood board that can also be used to store stationery out of an iron mesh. Just hang the iron mesh on the wall, and you’re done. Or you can just lean it against the wall and secure it on top for a peaceful mind. Add a few S hooks or binder clips to hold pencil cases, memos, exquisite quotes, and photographs.
Those are 10 DIY desk organizer ideas that won’t cost you a fortune. They are so easy that everybody can make them well with a minimum failure. Happy trying!
Recommended Lists for You:
When people underestimate the influence of those simple bedroom decorating tricks, well, they will lose the opportunity to improve the visual look of their bedroom. Believe it or not, bedroom should have been decorated not only to make the bedroom becomes something to be boasted off but also to make the bedroom becomes such a worth place to spend the rest of the night there. Bedroom will be bedroom but because of some special touches, the bedroom would stand out from the common things out there.
If people refer bedroom as the only place to sleep, then there must be something wrong with their bedroom. A bedroom should mean more than that. Most of people spend most of their time in their bedroom after working in the office. You need to make the ambiance to be more relaxing, heartwarming, pleasing, and also comforting at the same time. This isn’t too much for a bedroom to provide since it will always be its right to be so, is it? You need to know those small bedroom improvement tricks to have more ideas on decorating and upgrade your bedroom.
What do these improvement or decorating tricks consist of? These decorating tricks include the placement of some flowers at home, the addition of white candles or aromatherapy candle, and many more things to know. You will find all the answers you need by having the right source of information. Some other people have found their own way to decorate their bedroom and you should do the same thing as well. There won’t be no other time for you to skip this big chance. Think about starting it up now or never having the idea about it. You can decide now whether you will deal with the boring bedroom all the time or the functional and relaxing bedroom. When you choose the second, you can click the button below to get the complete information.100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area
Join Our List, It’s Free !
Cheap bathroom makeover ideas are those inspiring and amazing ideas that you need to have in order to have the complete transformation of a bathroom. Why bother doing the makeover? Yes, it is such a good question. It doesn’t matter how perfect and how flawless your bathroom will be, when someone has finished taking a shower, most of the area will be wet and it will be imperfect and flawed. Then those bathroom changing processes would end up in waste. In fact, when you have bigger space of bathroom and you want to make it looks a bit prettier than before, the idea of having your bathroom in makeover should be on your consideration list.
Cheap bathroom makeover ideas will surely give you different touch from your previous bathroom. When the top of your toilet has nothing on it, you can add some decorative pots that consist of flowers there. Although it does not have a lot of benefits to gain yet you will make these decorative pots with flowers as the center point of the bathroom for whoever comes to the bathroom. There are a lot of people who put decorative wall hangings in their bathroom too. It is aimed to give color and accent even to their bathroom.
Another decorative and simple in effortless way to do the bathroom makeover is by adding stairs. The presence of the stairs is to add beautiful value for the entire bathroom. This stairs can be used to hang the wire basket, the wet towel that you have just used, decorative wreath, and many more. You can even have your own decorative things, or shelves, or anything that pleases you. When you still need other information related to the cheap bathroom makeover, you can directly click this link for more information.
Our Recommended List Archived from January 2019 :
- 60+ IKEA Furniture and Storage Creative Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 60 Vintage and Shabby Chic Décor Ideas. (With a Video)
- 45 IKEA Makeover Products. (With a Video)
- 37 IKEA Furniture Upgrade ideas. (With a Video)
- 32 Furniture Hauls (IKEA and non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30+ Side Table Hacks (IKEA and Non IKEA). (With a Video)
- 30 Home’s Furniture Makeovers. (With a Video)
- 25 Decor Ideas from Kids’ unused toys. (With a Video)
- 22 Ideas For Increasing Home’s Curb Appeal. (With a Video)
- 20 DIY Projects for Anyone Living in a Boring Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Bathroom Remodel ideas That won’t cost you Fortune. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative DIY projects For Anyone Living In A Small Space. (With a Video)
- 20 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas that keep your Clutter in check. (With a Video)
- 20 Lit Small Bedroom Organizing Ideas Worth Trying. (With a Video)
- 20 Organization Projects and decoration for a Small Living Room. (With a Video)
- 20 Decor Projects That will upgrade your Home. (With a Video)
- 20 Creative and Clever Indoor Garden Ideas. (With a Video)
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom 2.
- 15 DIY Organization project for Small Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 13 DIY Projects to better Optimize your Kitchen Space. (With a Video)
- 12 Low-Budget DIY Storage and Organization Ideas That Look Expensive. (With a Video)
- 12 Bedroom Space-Saving and Closet organization Ideas. (With a Video)
- 12+ Ways How to Makeover A Room’s Furniture. (With Whiteboard Videos)
- 12 Décor Ideas Using Art Resin.
- 12 Cheap IKEA Shopping Ideas. (With a Video)
- 11 DIY Project ideas for Small and Limited Space Bedroom. (With a Video)
- 10 Space Saving Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Simple Bedroom Designs for Small Space.
- 10 DIY Shelf Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Storage Organizer Ideas For Small Bedroom.
- 10 Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Clothing Organizing ideas You Need to Know.
- 10 Bedroom Organization Ideas to Boost Your Mood.
- 10 Clever Pantry Organizations.
- 10 Apartment Decor Ideas Inspired by IKEA.
- 10 DIY Desk Organizer Ideas.
- 10 Modern Bathroom ideas on a Budget.
- 10 DIY Storage Organizers for Small Bathroom.
- DecoBros Mesh Cabinet Basket Organizer, Bronze, Review and Comparison.
- Gothic Home Décor to Dramatically Chance Your House Appearance.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Our Recommended List Archived from April 2019 :
- 10 Home Office Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Garden and Exterior Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Before and After Room Transformation Ideas.
- 10 Easy Home Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Home Interior Makeover Ideas.
- 10 Old Home Makeover Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Improvement Ideas.
- 10 Small Home Garden Makeover ideas.
- 10 Small Bedroom Renovation & Makeover Ideas (That Will Make It Bigger).
- 10 DIY Projects Re-purposing Old Doors.
- 10 Home Makeover Bedroom Ideas.
- 10 Cheap and Easy Small Kitchen Makeovers.
- 10 Apartment Makeover Budget Ideas.