You don’t need expensive decorative items to make your home appear classy. Decorate your home cheaply and creatively with these.
Mirror is the simplest decorative element that you can put above your sofa. Mirror may appear plain, but its reflective characteristic evokes a sense of space and elegance. A large plain mirror above your sofa will work, but you can also add smaller mirrors with unique shapes to give more accents to your living room. Mirror may or may not have frame, but if you decide to add frame, be sure that its design is in accordance with the overall theme of your living room’s design. (via ruhollah)
2. Lighting fixture
Lighting fixture can be an elegant decorative element for the empty space above your sofa. You can use fancy ceiling lighting fixture if the sofa is located far from the wall or a wall fixture if the sofa is next to the wall. If you want to be creative, you can add some handmade accessories to the fixture or simply conceal the light behind a canvas depicting your painting. When you turn on the light, the painting will glow and emit its beauty. (via iskcon)
It is no doubt that hanging a fancy painting above your sofa will greatly enhance the artistic look of your living room. Every creative individual can make painting, but what if you are not a good artist? Modern paintings mostly depict abstract images that almost everyone can make. Simply swing your brush on the canvas without thinking about anything and you will produce an abstract painting that is so beautiful that only a seasoned curator can affirm that it is a fake. (via william-sonoma)
4. Floating bookshelf
You can install floating bookshelf above your sofa. The bookshelf can be either DIY-made or purchased, but as long as it looks great on your wall, it will be an excellent decorative element. If you prefer to build the bookshelf on your own, you can salvage any unused wood items and create an eco-friendly decoration for your living room. Be sure to fix the bookshelf securely to the wall because it may cause injury and damage if it accidentally falls. (via moercar)
If you cannot think about anything useful to decorate the empty space above your sofa, why don’t you simply put the sofa under the window and make the window decorating for the sofa? Window frame is so attractive that it can actually function as a decorative element.
If you think that decorating using window frame is great but you cannot put the sofa under one of your windows, simply order or build a window frame and pair it with mirror instead of clear glass. The fake window will look great above your sofa. (via planete-deco)
Recommended Lists for You:
Having an old-fashioned living room might need you to know some ways on how to update your living room. For some people it might be something that isn’t necessary to do such thing since a home will always be home. Whatever it may look like, it will always be the best place to stay in. It is indeed true but for some other reasons the importance of updating your living room would be a good idea. It may be for the reasons of pleasure, comfort, and also satisfaction to serve all of the family members and also some guests who like to drop by and spend time there.
Can you even imagine being a guest who is going to come to your house by having high expectation and when you did come the living room that you spend most of your time looks plain and also unattractive at all? That might be one of the reasons that you need to know some ways on how to update your living room. Trust me, by updating your living room your soul will be replenished and your will start to have fresh and brand new living room. You will be totally pleased in welcoming all of your guests.
It will be started by cleaning all parts of the living room. It includes the area under the living room furniture, places under the carpet, the windows, the tables, the chairs, and everything. Then you can change the placement of the living room furniture to start new. In order to bring some colors into your living room at home, you can add some decorative pillows in bright colors to bring the playful vibe into it. For the wall arts, you can have some ideas such as adding the wall painting, wall letters in big size, or wall decorative items. What about you? Check hyperlink for more detail!
Join Our List, It’s Free !
How to optimize a small kitchen room? Yes, this kind of question will mostly appear in your mind when you run out of the idea in expanding the space in your kitchen. As kitchen will be the most visited and used place of all places at home, it is quite necessary to optimize the space of the kitchen so that all of the cooking experience and cooking preparation can be done in a relaxing way. The fact that people would be likely used by the people is that they can do nothing about changing the small size of their kitchen room.
Yes, in this long list you are going to get a lot of information on how to optimize a small kitchen room. It is mostly about how you will use the space of your kitchen in an optimal way so that all of the cooking utensils and the food stock can be stacked up in a perfect way. You can make a bottle becomes a push up jar. You can build some shelves to be your useful spices and herbs shelves. When you have plain wall, you can take use of this space to build three layers shelves for the spices or also herbs. This is very essential especially for those who enjoy cooking and they can’t live without cooking every single day.
There would be more than 10 amazing tricks that you can do it at home which will bring a lot of impacts for your kitchen. It may be simple but it will give you more space at the kitchen. The main thing to highlight is that you need to take use of the plain wall to be used as the place either for shelves, can storage, or anything. It is very important to know how to optimize a small kitchen room. Read more by clicking this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from March 2019 :
- 100+ ideas How to Transform your Small bedroom into a Calming Sanctuary. (With Some Videos)
- 10 Small Space Ideas to Maximize Small Bedroom.
- 10 Pantry Storage and Organization Ideas.
- 10 DIY Modern Kitchen Cabinet Ideas and Storage.
- 10 Modern Bathrooms and DIY Improvement Ideas.
- 10 DIY Small Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
- 10 Cheap Bedroom Storage Ideas.
- 10 DIY Shoe Bench Project Ideas.
- 10 Small Laundry Room Organization Ideas.
- 10 DIY Cabinet Ideas for Small Bedroom.
- 10 Smart Closet Organization Ideas.
- 10 Clever and Cheap Indoor Garden Ideas.
- 10 Cheap Cabinet Makeover Ideas for Limited Kitchen.
- 10 Bedroom Organization DIY for People with Limited Floor Space.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.