Your living room is where you typically greet your guests so organizing it is imperative for a superb first impression. There are always challenges, however, with small living rooms and where to fit all your furniture without making everything looks cramped.
1. Hanging Mantel will be Swell
A mantel shelf will add a lot of interest to your plain living room and you can nail one without having to buy them at IKEA. You will only need three 8 feet 1” x 12” oak boards, dark walnut stain and wood glue. Cut all your boards in half to create six 4 feet boards and sand them to smooth any rough edges. Stain each board with a sponge brush and stack them with a 2” overhang on each side after they are dry. Apply wood glue once stacked as needed and use clamps to secure them. This creative wall storage idea for small living room will surely add so much personality and warmth. (via remodelaholic)
2. Simple Rustic Floating Shelf
If you don’t have old pallets lying around at home, you can always pick up materials at Home Depot. Make sure your shelves are 43 inches long, 10 inches deep and 2 inches tall to fit your wall without having to worry if they might look too big for the room. Create a template to make sure you will drill into the center of the boards. Attach the side pieces at 90◦ with a screw so that they would make a square and then lay your front board in place and pre drill a hole through both the front and the side piece. Insert the hex bolt with a washer to hold the two pieces together and finally put the underlayment flat on top. You can opt to stain your shelves for beauty purposes. (via heytherehome)
3. Recessed Shelving
This type of wall storage won’t take space in your living room per se because the shelving is cut into the wall. You can go for completely blend-into-the-wall shelves or opt for a feature of them. However, you might want to paint them in a contrasting color so they stand out. Additionally, because this recessed shelving doesn’t intrude on a room, you can take the entire wall for your storage space. (via elledecor)
4.Kill Two Birds with One Stone
Get an overpowering look in your teeny-tiny living room with an open shelf surrounded by cupboards and drawers. While simple cupboards or drawers taking an entire wall of units might look intense and give off an overcrowded feel, you might opt for open shelves in the center to place your TV or display your antique collection. So, not only will you have drawers and cupboards as storage but also the open shelves provide more room to hoard your stuff. The shelves will surely give a captivating twist to the expanse of units and turn your wall storage into a one-of-a-kind chic design. (via contemporist)
5.Old Dresses Drawers
Repurpose old drawers into shelves. Mount the bottom of the drawer into the wall bracket or fasten each side with a strong bolt. Paint them in soft hues and arrange them in a specific pattern for an aesthetic look in your living room. You can make them as your bookshelves or display your collection there. (via makespace)
Recommended Lists for You:
Some people say that their life would be more complete when they have already figured out some of the side table and end table hacks. Although these two kinds of tables have less importance and function rather than the common table for the living room, study room, and also guests’ room, yet these two tables are the accessories in order to beautify your house. They are the tiny but it has its cuteness in it. You can place these two kinds of chairs at both sides of your bed, at the corner of the room, next to the sofa, near the table for the guests’ room, and many more.
In this article, you can have a quick look about the DIY from IKEA and also non IKEA products which may have captured your heart started from the first impression. By reading thoroughly in this article, you will notice that there are so many kinds of tables. These tables don’t have to be just common and plain. It can be decorative and it may have a wide range of materials such as from the log, from recycling from the old door, the industrial style, and many more. You won’t believe that these things are real in life.
It may be because people are sometimes stuck and think inside the box, thinking that the common table would be that kind of table at school. In fact, there would be so many tables hacks that you can get for having better way of living at home. You should have figured more of these side table and end table hacks so that you will replace your old side table or your end table to be something stylish and fabulous.
When you are curious of finding more inspirations, click this link to get complete information.
Join Our List, It’s Free !
As life has given you many facilities such as the IKEA haul and non IKEA, it seems like you can get what you want or at least something similar to what you really would like to have. You can have most of your products in high uniqueness level that no one else can have the same thing like yours. When other people have a chair that is made up of the standard wood, you can have your own chair in the material of feed sack. It doesn’t make you look like a low people who use that kind of thing at home. In fact, you should be grateful since no one is going to imitate your style and that would be only you who have this kind of chair.
Enough talking, this IKEA haul and non IKEA will provide a lot of products to own instead of buying the suffocating price products that people can imitate or have the same products like yours. Another example is about the beverage station. Most of people’s beverage stations only stand for the place to put the glasses on the top of the station. In fact, by installing some screws and brackets you will be able to provide more space into the station. Let’s say that you like to ask some people to come over and enjoy your coffee or beer. Thus, it would be unpleasing when you see that you have not many glasses available at the station.
People would lose their appetite to enjoy your drinks. In order to overcome this kind of issue, you need to find out more hacks about the IKEA and non IKEA products since it brings you a lot of benefits for your daily life. if you are interested to find out more products, click this link.
Our Recommended List Archived from December 2018 :
- 333 Small Kitchen ideas, Organization, and Kitchen Designs.
- Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8, Page 9, and Page 10.
- 100 Bedroom Ideas for Small Area.
- Page 2, Page 3, and Page 4 .
- 45 Kitchen Remodel Ideas for People with Low-Budget Condition.
- 40 Bathroom Designs for across generations.
- 10 DIY Kitchen Cabinets Refacing Ideas.
- 10 Bathroom Remodel and Organizing Ideas Under $10k.
- 10 Bedroom Sets Idea for Small Space.
- 10 Bathroom Makeovers That Won’t Rob Your Fortune.
- 10 DIY Bedroom Storage Ideas.
- 10 Creative DIY Kitchen Countertop Ideas.
- 10 Small Bathroom Ideas for Small Property Owner.
- 10 Brilliant DIY Kitchen Cabinet Ideas.
- 10 Cute and Affordable Bathroom Decor Ideas.
- Japanese Home Design to Apply in Your Modern House.
Follow this blog and keep updated !
Recommend topic related to DIY project ideas:
- Thrift Shop Storage Cube Transformation idea.
- DIY idea How to Optimize Limited Coat Closet.
- How to Makeover A Craft Store Bin to a Stylist bin.
- Effective Pantry Organization Revealed- 5 Ideas You Need to Know.
- How to make a simple Lego table for your Little Boys/Girls.
- DIY Switch Plate upgrade – How to do it like a pro.
- How to Paint Your Furniture Fabric to make it look like Leather.
- How to Hack Ikea Vittsjo Laptop Stand with a Butcher Block.
- How to makeover Old Rustic Bar Stool using spray paint.
- How to Refresh an Antique Mirror with Spray Paint.
- How to Build A Window Seat Made FROM IKEA STOLMEN.
- How to make a mail center from Kvissle magazine rack.
- How to Turn Plain IKEA Curtains Into White Columns .
- How to Turn Ugly Coffee Table to A Marble like Coffee Table.
- How to Renew Sagging Cushion.
- How to build Easy Inexpensive Planter Tall Makeover ideas.
- How to Build a DIY Corkboard + Planter.
- DIY Project idea – How to Makeover a mid-century chair.
- How to makeover Cracking Furniture.
- DIY How to Make Indoor Pallet sofa and Outdoor.
- 9 DIY Organization Tips You Need to Know.