A Wall-Mounted Clothing Rack Project Idea With A Shelf
Have you ever wished you had more space to hang your clothes but didn’t want to break the bank? Well, get ready to channel your inner DIY pro because we’ve got just the thing for you!
- First things first, you’re going to need some lumber.
- Cut it into several pieces with specific sizes according to your preferences. You’ll need a wooden plank for the base shelf, one of the same length for the bottom horizontal supports, two shorter ones for the vertical supports, and two smaller ones for the diagonal supports.
- Next, sand all the wood pieces until they’re nice and smooth.
- Set ’em aside for a minute.
- Now, it’s time to prepare the dowel rod and holders.
- Assemble them to form the hanging section, and secure the position with screws. You’re doing great!
Okay, now it’s time to bring it all together.
- Install all the wood pieces into a shelving unit with a hanging rod. Ensure it’s nice and sturdy – you don’t want your clothes falling off!
- Cut five pieces of 4-inch dowel rods and give ’em a good sanding. These will be your hooks.
- Attach them to the bottom horizontal support of the shelving system with screws.
And just like that, you’ve got a beautiful, functional wooden clothing rack with an additional shelf.
Now, all that’s left is to mount the shelving unit to the wall, and you’re good to appreciate it!