Their lightweight construction allows them to be easily installed by professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike. This post gives you almost everything you know about Pop False Ceilings.
A POP False Ceiling: What Is It?
Plaster of Paris powder is used to create POP ceilings. It was created from gypsum, discovered close to Paris, thus its name. Gypsum plaster is simply put in the POP. It is created by heating gypsum until all the water has evaporated, leaving behind a powder.
The powder is finely ground and has a whitish color. It is called Calcium Sulfate Hemihydrate. This powder is mixed with water to form it into different shapes and then dried.
Popularly known as POP, this material is widely used in the construction industry for false ceilings. POP ceilings are often used in residential settings because they add to the beauty of homes. They are also very durable and require little maintenance.
How does a POP roof system work?
Casts made from plaster of Paris can be used to repair fractures in bone, but they aren’t very durable. They also require skilled artisans to produce them.
- First, frame the existing false ceiling channels. Then, install an iron mesh on top of this frame.
- Next, drill holes through the walls and ceiling of the room and fix the wiring conduits. The constructor should install them inside the wall and ceiling.
- Apply POP to the existing framework. Use putty and paint to finish the POP ceiling.
- A false ceiling with a thickness of at least 12mm is recommended. Anything thinner than this would be prone to damage.
Why use Pop Up Panels in False Ceilings?
POP offers numerous advantages when used for the ceiling. Here are just a few:
- It is an extremely durable material for ceilings.
- A POP ceiling has shallow levels of damage and will last for decades if cared for properly.
- It is also weather resistant.
- Gypsum board ceilings are typically cheaper than other false ceilings, but they also have disadvantages.
- Popular false ceiling systems are best to provide insulation against extreme temperatures.
- False Ceilings are also Detachable.
Is there any other significant concern when installing a POP false ceiling?
There are many benefits to installing a pop ceiling over traditional drop ceilings. However, there are also some drawbacks to consider before deciding whether or not this option is right for you.
Here are just a few of the advantages and disadvantages of installing a pop ceiling:
- Because a POP ceiling involves a lot of human effort, the employees need to be knowledgeable and skillful. Otherwise, the final result won’t live up to expectations.
- Installing a pop ceiling requires a good deal of messiness and wastefulness.
- When installed properly, a POP false ceiling lasts almost indefinitely (Depending on your perspective, it can be beneficial or harmful). If there is no evidence of outside damage, a POP false ceiling could last for about 20 years.
Types of Pop False Ceilings
- Square and rectangular shapes are among the most commonly used types of ceilings.
- Circular is a common shape by nature, so they add drama to any room.
- False ceiling designs can be molded into various forms, including swirls.
- Layered patterns allow them to be used as backgrounds, borders, frames, etc., without worrying about overlapping colors.
Lighting recommendation for False Ceilings
Lighting fixtures will light up your POP fake ceiling. The wiring can all be concealed between the true and false ceiling, which is the greatest part. False ceilings with installed lighting save wall space. So, there is no need to install boring tubes and bulbs. Just ensure that the room is evenly lit through the false ceiling alone.
There are many decorative lighting solutions for bedrooms, halls, kitchens, living rooms, etc. You can play around with various styles and colors to suit your taste. Ceiling fixtures and pendants look great at the center of a false ceiling. Use cove lighting for a subtler style.
False Ceiling Color
A plain white ceiling is an obvious choice regarding false ceilings. However, it is not mandatory to adhere to this norm. You can experiment with a wide variety of colors for false ceiling.
- Contrasting wall paint and the false ceiling color must be consistent throughout the room. It would help if you did not paint the walls any darker than the false ceiling or vice versa.
- Alternatively, one could opt for false ceilings, darker than the walls. Create a soothing palette for the living room and master bedroom.
- Use muted tones for the kids’ bedrooms.
- False ceiling wallpaper or texture paint can produce unique designs for false ceilings.
Popularly used in homes, POP false ceilings are durable and customizable. They provide a space between the ceiling and roof, allowing light to pass while keeping heat and moisture away.
The following advice will help you create the ideal ceilings for various rooms in your house:
- POP Bedroom False Ceiling Designs.
Since this is a haven for leisure, the style and tenor should be restful, understated, and not overpowering.
- For the kitchen,
A false ceiling for the kitchen should be simple and functional. Also, ensure the POP can withstand the kitchen’s heat and smoke. it is best if the false ceiling design for the kitchen complements the style of the cabinetry and color scheme of the room.
- For the Dining Room.
Pendants and cove lighting fixtures are ideal options to light the space. It provides soft illumination ideal for dining situations. One thing, it is essential to try to match the shape of the POP false ceiling to that of the dining table to produce harmony.
- A POP false ceiling in the bathroom can also give the room a much-needed pop of touch. Here, the POP should be waterproof to prevent any damage. Recessed lighting is an ideal selection for a false ceiling in the bathroom.
10 Bedroom Pop Design and Organization Solutions
The bedroom is not only a place to have a good night’s sleep. It is also a cave where some people can enjoy their time and be whatever they want.
As a result, they tend to spend most of their time in this private place, which eventually makes them feel bored because they have to look at the same walls and interior again and again. Designing a bedroom can be overwhelming sometimes because people want to carve out comfort and style simultaneously.
However, many things need considering before deciding to refurbish your sleeping space. Thus, you need to see our list of 10 Bedroom Pop Design and Organization Solutions that may help you. As always, Simphome presents you with the list.
10 Bedroom Pop Design and Organization Solutions Video:
10. Pop Ceiling for bedroom? Why not
If you are lying on the bed, looking at the dull, flat ceiling, and wondering what could be more interesting, a pop ceiling design could help you with that.
You can add some textures and ornaments to your ceiling. An ordinary choice would be a built-in fan, but you can always choose other modern options.
Textures will play the game. You can go with themes like luxurious, simple, classy, etc. You could also give some illusions to it and start being creative by designing your own pop ceiling.
9. Maximize your bed by adding built-in storage
While minimalism is becoming a trend, it is not suitable for everyone. Many of us still need to live with lots of stuff. If you are looking for some space-saver solutions, you can go with multipurpose furniture.
This built-in storage bed is one of them. This design can be handy in hiding your stuff away or storing things you want to keep close.
8. Use pop light to create specific nuance
Your bedroom should be an area where you can relax and calm your mind. While one center light could sometimes be too dazzling and disturbing, adding some little pop lights could make a huge difference.
You can play with the color, design, and layout to achieve certain nuances depending on your preferences.
7. Elevate your space with a bunk bed
If your bedroom is low on space or you have to share a room, you may want to go with a bunk bed.
A bunk bed is an excellent idea to get the most out of your limited space because you can find various designs that you can choose from. You can even design it yourself to meet your requirements.
The bunk bed is not only for you who have a roommate. You still might want to choose it even if you do not share a room because it allows you to have a functional area underneath.
You can build your workspace by placing a desk, a chair, and a desk lamp. You can also create a reading corner by placing a sofa, bookshelf, or whatever you want.
6. Make your own clutter corner with a room divider
You can make a closet corner with this room divider to save more space. For that purpose, a foldable room divider would be your safe bet.
5. Opt for floating shelves as wall decorations
Don’t leave your wall untouched. Installing some floating shelves is a better way to get the most out of it. Not only act as wall decorations, but floating shelves can also display your collections, such as plants, books, toys, or pictures.
To make them look more appealing, you must carefully arrange the shelves. Try placing them in the corner of the room for an aesthetic look. You can also go with the area above the headboard or wherever you wish to liven up your space.
4. A Wall shelf idea for an extraordinary room
The key to an organized room is the proper arrangement. You can choose storage for things you want to hide or keep safe. You can also select a shelf for something you want to display.
Another shelf idea is a wall shelf. If you have a relatively thick wall, you might want to try this. It can give a more glamourous yet antique look to your room. Plus, you can show off more of your favorite collections there.
One thing to be careful of when you want to sculpt a shelf on your wall is to ensure that it is not too thin. Otherwise, you need to compromise the strength of your wall, which is not good.
3. Go stylish and practical with a window seat
Have you ever considered adding a window seat in your bedroom? It may sound great if you carve it right. However, it can also be atrocious depending on the design and layout.
Choosing a sofa design that suits your window is essential. You can choose a sofa with built-in storage if you need another storage.
Furthermore, you need to place the sofa right in front of the window without leaving any gap. Make sure your window is tall or big enough. This way, you can get pretty and warm sun rays on your sofa to give natural light, and your beautiful window seat is set.
2. Keep it tidy with a drawer organizer
A spacious drawer seems to be a solution for your messy bedroom. The truth is it is another problem you need to solve.
This kind of drawer will always make you want to toss various things inside, leading you to a big mess in the long run. To avoid that problem, you need to sort things up.
A drawer organizer is a perfect way to separate those stuff and keep it in place so it doesn’t mix up again. You do not need to purchase a pricey one since you can make your own drawer organizer with small boxes that you already have.
Lastly, number 1. Improve your space with a Huge window if possible
If you have a small room, installing a huge window can give a more spacious illusion. A huge window is beneficial when you need good ventilation for your space.
A huge window can also provide you with an exclusive scenery spot. Plus, you will get a healthy amount of sun rays from your room if it’s bright outside.
This is the end of 10 Bedroom Pop Design and Organization Solutions. Hopefully, it gives you some inspiration to scale up your bedroom’s interior design and keeps it organized. Good Luck!
1. Livspace.com, Idei